Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

The only way I can see Bellew winning is if he gets into Haye's head, forcing Haye to forget boxing and just go for the big knockout, allowing Bellew to catch him.

That's a pretty likely outcome too.

• Paid Members

Nicholas Walter completely shit out against Lomachenko. Quit after 7 rounds. He was losing every round but it wasn't one sided to the point where it felt like Walters was getting beaten up. Disappointing to see such a top fighter go out like that.

• Paid Members

I'm surprised Walters quit.

However, Lomachenko was starting to land heavy in the the 7th round. I don't think Walters would have lasted much longer.

It was only going one way but you dont expect world class fighters to pull out like that, Walter then basically blamed HBO for the loss claiming that they don't have him fighting enough.

• Paid Members

ahhh, it was a cracking night.

We got down to the arena for around 6.30, and were offered a free seat upgrade from the balcony seats that we'd purchased, so we were sat centrally 5 rounds from the front, great seats. The arena itself was probably close to sold out l which surprised me given the pull-outs, but i guess they move the people who are most out of view (ie. the balcony) into the seats that are visible on TV, well happy.

Evans/Stalker III was a great fight, probably in the running for British FOTY, rowdy crowd too, there was some fighting between each set of fans too, had an of nastiness about it all (the wanker ratio at boxing events is very high), i need to watch the fight back though, it was a cracker.

Langford/Sheedy was a good one also for the British title, two very different fighters but it meshed for an interesting scrap. Shame it wasn't Eubank Jr. obviously, but Sheedy rubbished the long odds the bookies had him at.

Terry Flanagan/Orlando Cruz damn near sucked the life out of the arena. Flanagan's a strange case, it was the highest profile fight on the card but Flanagan had about 3 fans i think. Fight wise it was very apparent early that Cruz had no business fighting at the weight, the size difference was ridiculous. Flanagan got him out of there though. Flanagan is just uninspiring though, he has the charisma of a door stop.

The Williams fight that came on after it livened everyone back up though depsite it being close to midnight, last minute replacement but the Hungarian fella came to have a go. Williams is such a good fighter to watch, The Machine is an apt. nickname, he just marches forward and throws spiteful punches, hoping Warren gets him some good fights going into 2017.

Yeh, good night though. Given Warren plans on more shows next year i imagine Cardiff will be a more regular stop, especially as there was still a good crowd on hand despite the show losing it's 2 main events.

• Paid Members

The Haye-Bellew press conference predictably turned nasty today.

https://youtu.be/8ZA4kdoPd80

Haye threw a punch at Bellew as he was shoved off. The actual press conference is great fun to watch, it's basically 30 minutes of bickering but it's entertaining. Everyone i've spoken to all seem to want Haye to win, i'm the opposite. Especially after seeing the press conference, im Team Bellew/Team Matchroom for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G1NaO2o5h4&t=1722s

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I want Bellew to win but I think Haye will. Haye can never be forgiven for the Fraudley Harrison debacle and the broken toe shenanigans. Bellew as always talks a lot of shit but where he nailed Haye dead to rights was when he said that Haye would turn up to the opening of an envelope if there was a camera there. Haye wants to be the big celebrity Hollywood actor more than anything else.

I also see that Haye called Bellew a bellend live on Sky Sports as they were interviewing him.

This will get ridiculous before they fight. The Gloves Are Off thing Sky usually do might have to change its name to They've Both Brought Baseball Bats this time.