Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

i actually have tickets for the Cardiff show that Eubank was meant to be on, not happy about the cancellation. Eubank Jr. is literally doing everything to alienate himself from the boxing communiity. He's doing a lot of talking and promising what he's going to do without actually backing any of it up. He's got himself into World Title contention then gone backwards to fight at British level, he's mocking fighters above him without achieving anything near the same level of success, he's pulling out of fights, he's making idiotic tweets, he's pricing himself out of fights, it's fucking ridiculous. I'm a fairly easy fan to please but Eubank is genuinely getting on my tits, the guy and his team (dad) are idiots.

Smith/Canelo was a good scrap though, spirited is the best word to desribe Liam's performance. I actually thought he was coming on strong around the time of the first knockdown, and even after that he was giving it a good go. He was simply outgunned from a power perspective. I don't think many people had Liam winning anything but i thought he nicked a couple of rounds based on how strongly he ended them.

i've never seen Canelo hurt, that's what makes to GGG fight so interesting. If GGG takes the punches he took againg Brook then he will be in trouble. They reckon September next year if both keep winning. That probably means 1 more fight fir Canelo next May due to his injury and maybe 2 fights for GGG.

• Paid Members

Eubank's team has now made a statement claiming that other than injury, the reason why Jr. has pulled out of the Langford fight and reliquinshed his title is because they fear for the safety of his opponents because the gulf in class between him and British level figthers is so wide.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE GUYS SMOKING!

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/19/12959440/boxing-news-chris-eubank-jr-bizarre-press-release-brag-about-putting-opponent-coma

It was Eubank's decision two fights ago to move away from World Title contention to challenge for the British title because he claimed winning the Lonsdale belt outright meant to so much to him. They allowed the fight with Langford to goto purse bids before Warren snatched it up...why wouldn't they just give up the title before doing that?

They are burning every bridge in the boxing community.

• Paid Members

Eubank's team has now made a statement claiming that other than injury, the reason why Jr. has pulled out of the Langford fight and reliquinshed his title is because they fear for the safety of his opponents because the gulf in class between him and British level figthers is so wide.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE GUYS SMOKING!

It's fucking madness. If the 'gulf in class' was really the case then why didn't they sign the contract when the Saunders rematch was offered? Why did the big boy talk of fighting Golovkin evaporate?

I've never made any secret that I'm a big fan of Eubank Sr. And I've been a fan of Jr from pretty much day one as well. But there's no defending this nonsense. Who DOES he actually want to fight? Because they're putting roadblocks in the way of every single meaningful fight out there. It's so bad I found myself nodding in agreement with a Frank fucking Warren interview earlier. And I loathe that clammy faced prick.

Tennis elbow! I ask you. Best worst sick note ever.

• Paid Members

it's a messs of a situation, it almost feels like Eubank took the Langford fight only to pull out just to fuck with Frank Warren. A couple of months back Warren made some comments about how he'd never work with the Eubanks again because he couldn't put up with their bullshit. Who knows?

• Paid Members

yeh, well up for the Crolla fight. Crolla's a big name in boxing circles but he's someone who deserves to be a household name, great story, likeable character.

Edited by Egg Shen

Not sure how Anthony Crolla is favourite for the fight this weekend. Jorge Linares is a 3 weight world champion and a quality operator. He's a few steps ahead of the other South American fighters Crolla's fought. And actually has the ability to fight the distance instead of passing out after 6 rounds.

• Paid Members

Yeh Mitchell dropped him too. I've listened to a few podcasts and the general feeling is Linares is on the decline. There's also stuff about how he wasn't mentally in the Mitchell fight because his wife was pregnant and he didnt want to leave her before coming over, who knows though? Its gonna be quality.