Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I think Fury wins the rematch again on points, Saunders vs Eubank Jr is so hard to predict. The smart thing seems to be to go with Saunders, based on what he has done so far, the tougher opposition he has faced and the confidence he has. Eubank Jr I've never been sure about, it's hard to judge him as he hasn't faced anyone of note and most of the talk of him is based on how he handled himself in sparring with Froch. He seems very sure of himself and I don't think his father for one second would be allowing him to fight Saunders right now if he didn't believe 100% he could and would win. I'm going to sit on the fence with this one till after I see them at the weigh in, then I'll give a final prediction.

• Paid Members

Ebb, any chance of a poll for Fury vs Chisora and Saunders vs Eubank?

Hope they've got plenty of security for the weigh ins today. With the characters involved I wouldn't put it past a headbutt or something silly fucking a fight up. Hopefully they're not allowed to get too close today.

Can't wait now.

I've just got this gut feeling Eubank is going to win this fight. I don't think he's going to be some world beater like Eubank Sr is forecasting, but I think he might be the type who rises to the occasion as his opposition gets better. Sr was a like that as well. Looked like he couldn't be arsed at times against lower level opponents, but really stepped up his game against the likes of Benn and Watson. Just got a feeling Saunders might be in for a bit of a shock. And he's talked so much shit for ages now, it's only going to put added pressure on him. Saying 'Euwank' is shit every five minutes, saying he'll retire if he loses and stuff like that. It's silly talk.

He's apparently switched up his camp for this and gone away and trained his arse off, so he knows deep down it's not an easy fight. But I don't know. Eubank is such an unknown right now. This fight is going to hopefully tell us a lot about him.

It's definitely overshadowed the main event.

For all the shit Allegedly Warren gets, and I can't stand him either, BoxNation is great value for what you get. When you think how poor that Cleverly vs Bellew PPV was, a month's worth of BoxNation costs less than that one PPV! This show tomorrow is more PPV worthy than Cleverly vs Bellew 2 ever was, yet it's included in the monthly sub.

On the subject of BoxNation, I re-upped with them this month (mostly for this show and the Pacquiao fight), what the fuck happened to Steve Lillis?

This is how I remembered him;

hqdefault.jpg

This is him now;

0.jpg

He lost a shitload of weight, really fast. Is he ill or something?

Speaking of changes, Kellie Maloney's face surgery went badly wrong. I won't post the picture here because it's pretty fucking horrific but here's the link...

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article4678408.ece/alternates/s2197/MAIN-Kellie-Maloney-Surgery.jpg

Fucking hell. I always thought Maloney was a cunt but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

The weigh in for Bad Blood is being shown live below from 2pm for anyone who wants to watch!

http://www.boxnation.com/

Another fight that might have flown under the radar that is also going to be shown on boxnation is Crawford defending his WBO lightweight title against Beltran in early hours of Sunday morning, that should be a whole lot of fun, I got Crawford on points.

• Paid Members

Ebb, any chance of a poll for Fury vs Chisora and Saunders vs Eubank?

Hope they've got plenty of security for the weigh ins today. With the characters involved I wouldn't put it past a headbutt or something silly fucking a fight up. Hopefully they're not allowed to get too close today.

Can't wait now.

I've just got this gut feeling Eubank is going to win this fight. I don't think he's going to be some world beater like Eubank Sr is forecasting, but I think he might be the type who rises to the occasion as his opposition gets better. Sr was a like that as well. Looked like he couldn't be arsed at times against lower level opponents, but really stepped up his game against the likes of Benn and Watson. Just got a feeling Saunders might be in for a bit of a shock. And he's talked so much shit for ages now, it's only going to put added pressure on him. Saying 'Euwank' is shit every five minutes, saying he'll retire if he loses and stuff like that. It's silly talk.

He's apparently switched up his camp for this and gone away and trained his arse off, so he knows deep down it's not an easy fight. But I don't know. Eubank is such an unknown right now. This fight is going to hopefully tell us a lot about him.

It's definitely overshadowed the main event.

For all the shit Allegedly Warren gets, and I can't stand him either, BoxNation is great value for what you get. When you think how poor that Cleverly vs Bellew PPV was, a month's worth of BoxNation costs less than that one PPV! This show tomorrow is more PPV worthy than Cleverly vs Bellew 2 ever was, yet it's included in the monthly sub.

On the subject of BoxNation, I re-upped with them this month (mostly for this show and the Pacquiao fight), what the fuck happened to Steve Lillis?

This is how I remembered him;

hqdefault.jpg

This is him now;

0.jpg

He lost a shitload of weight, really fast. Is he ill or something?

Speaking of changes, Kellie Maloney's face surgery went badly wrong. I won't post the picture here because it's pretty fucking horrific but here's the link...

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article4678408.ece/alternates/s2197/MAIN-Kellie-Maloney-Surgery.jpg

Fucking hell. I always thought Maloney was a cunt but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I can't wait for these fights either. I'm not that into boxing to justify the subscription so I'm gonna have to find it on Sunday. Gutted I'm missing it live though. War Of The Worlds will more than make up for it though!

Apart from the bleeding, that doesn't look too bad for your usual facial surgery. My mate got essential facial surgery a year and a bit ago. After his operation he looked like he was wearing a Bo Selecta mask based on himself, the swelling was so bad.

Edited by Bettencourt

• Paid Members

Apart from the bleeding, that doesn't look too bad for your usual facial surgery. My mate got essential facial surgery a year and a bit ago. After his operation he looked like he was wearing a Bo Selecta mask based on himself, the swelling was so bad.

I should've gone into more detail, to be fair. The picture is very graphic but the main point was that there were apparently complications from the surgery which resulted in Maloney being in Intensive Care.

• Paid Members

Just watched the weigh ins;

2393187E00000578-2853185-image-33_141718

eubank_3122214b.jpg

Fury's trash talk is comical. I can't stand him but his shit talking has comedic value. "You got beat last time, you're gonna get set about rotten this time", "Don't wish me luck, 'cause you want me to lose", "Fury's the name, fighting's the game", "Bring you and ten men like you, I'll fight you all at the same time". All in a Craig David off Bo Selecta voice while dressed like he's going fishing.

Chisora looked in much better shape for this one. Eubank and Saunders stared at each other for what seemed like a week before Fish Eyes could get them to face the cameras.

I think Chisora will push Fury but ultimately I think Fury's size and weight advantage will be too much for him to overcome and Fury will stop him somewhere around the 8th-10th.

Still really unsure about Saunders vs Eubank but sticking with my gut feeling of Eubank on points.

Edited by wandshogun09

I am picking Del Boy and Eubank Jr

People are forgetting that Fury was dropped by a blown up Cruiserweight (Cunningham). Chisora is looking in great shape, and has natural power. Only Haye has stopped him.  Chisora has done well against bigger men who should ideally be stronger. He was robbed against Helenius, and Vitali could not stop him (in fact their fight was quite competitive). I don't see how Fury will stop him, even if he has improved since their first fight.

Eubank Jr is being talked up by people in the know. He had a respectable showing in sparring with Froch, and Adam Booth is talking him up a treat. Plus, I doubt Eubank Sr would take the fight if he was not confident his son could do the job. 

Chisora by TKO

Eubank Jr by TKO

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Going for

Fury K.O
Saunders on points.

Fancy Del Boy to pull a upset instead of Eubank JR if anything.

Just hoping Warren paces this show well. His normally fucking awful (See Saunders-Ryder) and i want to go out afterwards.

Full card for tonight.

Fight # 1 – 16:00 hrs
8 X 3 Minute Rounds International Heavyweight Contest
EDDIE CHAMBERS vs. DORIAN DARCH

Fight # 2
8 X 3 Minute Rounds Welterweight Contest
AHMET PATTERSON vs. SULLIVAN MASON

Fight # 3
6 X 3 Minute Rounds Super-Featherweight Contest
ROMEO ROMAEO vs. ISMAIL ANWAR

Fight # 4
4 X 3 Minute Rounds Welterweight Contest
MACAULAY McGOWAN vs. FONZ ALEXANDER

Fight # 5
THE WBA INTERNATIONAL SUPER-BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
12 X 3 Minute Rounds at 8st 10lbs (122lbs)
LEWIS PETTITT vs. SANTIAGO ALLIONE

Fight # 6 – 19:05 hrs
THE BRITISH AND COMMONWEALTH SUPER-FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
12 X 3 Minute Rounds 9st 4lbs (130lbs)
LIAM WALSH vs. GARY SYKES

Fight # 7
THE VACANT WBO EUROPEAN SUPER-MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIOPNSHIP
10 X 3 Minute Rounds at 12st (168lbs)
FRANK BUGLIONI vs. ANDREW ROBINSON

Fight # 8
THE VACANT WBO EUROPEAN SUPER-FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
10 X 3 Minute Rounds at 9st 4lbs (130lbs)
MITCHELL SMITH vs. ZOLTAN KOVACS

Fight # 9
THE BRITISH AND VACANT COMMONWEALTH WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONBSHIP
12 X 3 Minute Rounds at 10st 7lbs (147lbs)
FRANKIE GAVIN vs. BRADLEY SKEETE

Fight # 10
THE BRITISH, EUROPEAN AND COMMONWEALTH MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIPS
12 X 3 Minute Rounds at 11st 6lbs (160lbs)
BILLY JOE SAUNDERS vs. CHRIS EUBANK JUNIOR

Fight # 11
4 X 3 Minute Rounds Light-Middleweight Contest
GEORGIE KEAN vs. KEVIN McCAULEY

Fight # 12
THE EUROPEAN AND VACANT BRITISH HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
ELIMINATOR FOR THE WBO WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
12 X 3 Minute Rounds
DERECK CHISORA vs. TYSON FURY

Fight # 13 (Floater # 2)
4 X 3 Minute Rounds International Cruiserweight Contest
STEVE COLLINS JNR. vs. MAREKS KOVALEVSKIS

It makes me laugh, how many Frank Warren fighters have to fight for vacant belts because they aren't good enough to actually beat someone for their strap. See Frank Buglioni. He couldn't beat Sergey Khomitsky for the European title, he vacates it and now Buglioni can get the belt against a complete no-name. Have a look on BoxRec at Nathan Cleverly, every single title he has "won" in his career was a vacant title.

I'd rather see Eubank Jr win tonight and I'm not bothered about the main event because they're both fairly unlikeable. I wouln't mind Fury winning, so he could get humbled by Klitschko.

Edited by Rossman