Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

1. I hope so. Despite the first fight being competitive, I have no desire to see Floyd vs Cotto 2

Ordinarily I'd be up for Floyd vs Cotto 2, but considering Floyd's probably got a limited number of fights left, I'd rather see him in fights with fresh opponents. I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd vs Cotto 2 happens though. Floyd is all about who will make him money and Cotto's a bigger and more popular name than most of Floyd's other potential opponents.

However, my ideal hope would be for Floyd to face Manny, and Khan face Brook at Wembley.

That would be my hope as well.

• Paid Members

Heard rumors of Brook/JMM.... In England. Would be tasty. Actually heard it would be at Bramall lane so would be in the summer. Both would need to fight first you'd think.

Edited by Fox Piss

• Paid Members

Anyone seen this stuff about Johnny Nelson wanting to fight Marco Huck? I'm way behind on my boxing news so only just hearing about it. Is it legit or is Nelson taking the piss?

He talks about it here (skip to around 13:00);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=mjQAfZrqit4

He's mentioned it in a couple of interviews actually. Is there any chance it actually happens? Sounds mad.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Hook is at ringside tonight. Imagine Nelson who will have a live mic cutting a promo on him. Ain't they both on the same record defenses for C/W. 

I'm guessing Nelson could get licensed and he always looks in good shape. Hook is in conflict with Sauerland though so his career is up in air at minute.

• Paid Members

Yeah Nelson mentioned the Huck-Sauerland stuff in the video. Apparently Huck's team think they can promote it themselves when his contract expires in March or something?

And yeah, Nelson always looks in good nick. I'm sure he could get himself into top shape even at his age with a full camp. And it's not like he was known for getting into wars in his career. He could probably get licensed without too much bother.

Johnny Nelson is the shit. Him and Paulie Malignaggi are the pound for pound best interviews in boxing at the minute for me.

Edited by wandshogun09

Nelson is probably my favourite boxing personality. His interviews with IFL TV are great. Never sits on the fence. For example, he thinks Groves's career has peaked.

Nelson thinks Huck is a bit daft. They had a few brief words at the A.A vs Paul Smith fight. Nelson was not impressed with Huck.

"Lets have a 3rd fight in the Millenium Stadium!" Bellew's delusions have rubbed off on Cleverly. What a stinker of a fight. The "athlete" Nathan Cleverly who was spent after nine rounds of dib dab jabs. Then you've got the "Bomber" Tony Bellew who's got a stationary target up against the ropes for 10 minutes and can't even hurt him. The punch stats were absolutely derisory, Bellew had a 7% connect rate at the end of the 5th and this raised to 15% by the end of the fight which I presume was because Cleverly was stuck on the ropes and Bellew could hit at will. Marco Huck should easily batter Bellew just on workrate alone.

I felt a bit sorry for Chris Algieri, his team had the wrong game plan and Manny set him to school. You could possibly give Algieri one round but he lost by a landslide. His trainer made a comical interview midway through  the 9th round saying "Chris is going to be unlocked from the cage, we're going to knock Manny out in the 10th or 11th round." As soon as he said that Manny hit Algieri with a massive left hand that sent him sprawling to the canvas.

I think I was a bit too respectful when I called them two British bums, I should have added frauds on top of that. Rossman summery is spot on. hard to add much more to what was a snooze fest, if anyone has insomnia, go watch this fight and it will cure it instantly. I refuse to believe there are 75,000 thousand people living in Britain who would go watch that in the Millennium Stadium, surely there isn't that many brain dead people willing to watch that garbage.

Lane's comments to Algieri were comical, one of the funniest things I have heard in a boxing fight, not just for the fact Pac flattened him with a huge left hand a few seconds later, but the fact Pac was completely destroying him. I can't ever recall hearing a 120-102 score card before, superb performance from Pacman. Now it's over to Mayweather, make the fight everybody wants to see happen. "He's going to fight me?!. He's going to fight me?" Classic

Edited by Gooner