Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

The Monte Carlo card with Murray - Spada, Hall - Caballero IBF title fight along with Nick Blackwell against Khomitsky is going to be shown on channel 5. First world title fight on terrestrial since Khan - Malignaggi IIRC.

South African Hekkie Budler in an IBO/WBA (iirc) on the undercard as well but I doubt they could fit all these fights in on tele. I'd be happy with the first three.

I'd love it if this got big ratings, but 5's boxing ratings have severely declined since Degale and Fury left so I doubt it does that much. That last place Murrayfought looked pretty shit on TV as well, I'm guessing this is the same venue.

• Paid Members

well, Saturday night was the first time my jaw has genuinely dropped watching Anthony Joshua. He was fighting a guy who's mixed it and survived against good opposition and Joshua took him out in frightening fashion. It was well documented on the show that Joshua showed more spite than usual and it was very apparent, the guy's possessing some dangerous power.

...sky's the limit really, they were starting to talk up a David Price fight and Price was on there to give his opinion on the fight but even at just 9-0 i could see Joshua walking through him.

Michael Sprott is next up in November which it probably a little step back from Bakhtov but probably presents a little name value for him to knock off.

Then there's the strange case of Lee Selby. He's in a position to challenge for a World Title now but they spent the majority of the fight criticizing him despite him putting on a punch perfect display against a very good opponent. He's basically getting critisized for being too good at this point.

• Paid Members

Yeah I'm quite high on Joshua. It's obviously early doors for him still yet but I really like what I've seen so far. He's got big potential for sure. And he's a likeable bloke as well, I think.

Look at this bunch;

JFDNH.jpg

I'm guessing everyone in here will know who they all are but in keeping with forum rules...

From left to right - Michael Moorer, Don King, Mike Tyson, Emanuel Steward and Gerald McClellan. Quite a group. You've got a murderer, a rapist, a guy involved in dog fighting...and Steward and Moorer.

• Paid Members

I'm with you about Joshua, Ebb. Until Saturday he had disposed of the dustmen he had been fighting in the manner you would expect him to without really showing any real spite. Saturday Was different, he showed a real nasty side.

As for Price saying that you don't know how good Joshua is until he gets a big punch on the chin. He would know all about that after all.

• Paid Members

great pic.

Just watched an Eddie Hearn interview on youtube where he says that he's due to announce a big name for the November 22nd show very soon, he says it's a massive name in british boxing, the comments underneath seem to think it's either David Haye or David Price. David Price didn't mention anything about fighting soon on Sky last weekend though, so Haye?

Someone posted on Eastside forum that it is probably Haye. John McDermott was mentioned as a possible opponent.

There have been mumblings for a while that Haye might be on the bill. Hearn saying "bigger" than Audley is a give away that it is probably Haye (unless he was on about height, which I doubt very much). Price is name, but he is not more well known than Audley. Haye is at least as famous as Audley in the United Kingdom, and a much bigger drawing card.

Hope it is Haye. I am a fan and would love to see him back. 

Edited by jimufctna24

Big double header this Saturday night with Gennady Golovkin putting up his WBA Middleweight title against Marco Antonio Rubio and underneath that Nonito Donaire puts his WBA Super Featherweight title on the line against undefeated Nicolas Walters. Rubio is a tough fighter, durable and can bang but I don't see any of those qualities saving him here. It should be fun as it lasts but I can't see Rubio hearing the final bell and expect GGG to KO or stop him within eight brutal rounds. Donaire vs Walters is such a hard fight to call. Donaire till his loss against Rigondeaux was regarded as one of the best fighters on the planet, he has won his two fights since that defeat and moved up but hasn't looked the same fighter. Walters has been on a tear, been knocking people out and his confidence couldn't be any higher at this point, such a close one to call, it's going to be war and I'm going with Donaire by late stoppage or close points victory. The fights are live on Sky Sports One from 02:00AM, 19/10/2014.

Saunders needs to stop talking on video or in front of a camera, he gets worse and worse everytime I hear him open his mouth. He seems far too emotionally invested in this fight, so much anger coming out of him and none of it helps sell as he just continues to make himself look like a uneducated fool. I'm glad the fight is signed up, it's a hard one to call as still unsure how good Eubank Jnr truly is, will get our answer on November 29th.

• Paid Members

I haven't watched the press conference yet but I've seen a couple of interviews. Saunders is a total bellend. I think he thinks he's coming off as a right lad in these interviews. To use pro wrestling terms, he seems to think he's the babyface in this one. Maybe he is to some but to me he's come across as a horrible little thick as fuck knob ever since this Eubank stuff started picking up steam.

I hope Eubank batters the Lee Evans looking twat. Hopefully a nice 7 or 8 rounds of beating him up, then a finish. I'd love to hear what Saunders' excuses would be if it went like that. He's been saying for so long how shit 'Euwank' is and how he's going to beat him easily, I really hope he has to eat his words.

Now, I'm not expecting Eubank to walk through him at all. Like Gooner, I'm really struggling to see how this goes because so little is known of Eubank really. I hope that's how it goes down though.

Does Saunders not have any PR people? He's so shit at media you'd think someone would have a word. Proper 12 year old schoolboy insults. Throwing 'faggot' around and saying that Eubank 'sucks his dad's cock'. Really? Isn't Saunders 26 or 27 or something? He seems proper pigshit thick and immature beyond belief.