Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Moderators

Yeah. I thought Frenkel killed him! That referee should have been fucking shot. It was clear to everyone in the whole world that Enzo wouldn't be able to defend himself after the first knockdown as he got up doing his best impression of a blancmange on quaaludes.

Bradley is trying really hard to get in to Pacquiao's mind with the whole "you're not the same, you don't have the eye of the tiger, the same killer instinct, that you're just too nice" Now a lot of it I agree with as since Pac admitted his gambling, drinking, womanising and gave himself back to god again he hasn't had the same fire inside, he has been soft inside the ring, showing compassion, add that to all the work he has to do in the Philippines and the devastating knock out to Marquez and it's hard to argue, but that doesn't chance the fact that basically everyone had Pacquiao winning the first fight and by quite some margin. Bradley telling him "you have to knock me out to win" I give him credit for trying really hard to get inside the mind, but I don't see it working. I'm going with Pac by late stoppage or a clear UD.

• Paid Members

anyone catch Carl Frampton last night? again the Belfast crowd shows that Frampton in Ireland is a pretty fucking special thing, if Frampton can get Santa Cruz over to Belfast it's gonna be a very special occasion.

The actual fight ended controversially when Hugo Cazares didn't beat the count after a dynamite left hook in round 2, it looked like he mis-judged the count but who knows? maybe Cazares thought 'fuck this' cause Frampton looked sharp as shit.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I've been wanting to see the Tapia doc as well. The trailer was great and, like you Fox Piss, I've been keeping an eye out for it since then with no luck.

Has anyone seen the Ray Mancini 'The Good Son' documentary yet? I think that was on iTunes so you might be thinking of that, Ebb. Haven't got around to seeing it yet but I'd imagine it's good.

It's a sad but really fascinating story. I remember seeing something before that they found after Kim's death that Kim had written on a lampshade before he fought Mancini, something like 'Kill or be killed'. And both Kim's mother and the referee for the fight both committed suicide shortly after the fight. Kim's girlfriend was expecting a baby as well. It's a really tragic story. Even by boxing standards, a sport full of tragic stories, it's really sad. It's a story that's always stuck with me more than most other boxer deaths/injuries for some reason.

• Paid Members

ahhh man, had to feel for Enzo Maccarinelli last night, he managed to stay competitive for 5 rounds despite sufferering a horrendous eye injury during round 1. I think Braehmer was probably 5 rounds up but Enzo was well in the fight and Braehmer seemed to be intent on spoiling, though he may have been riding out time until the inevitable stoppage.

article-0-1CDE94E700000578-888_634x460.jpg

Gary Lockett wanted to pull Enzo out after round 2 but with the fight being so competitive it was hard for Lockett to pull him out, he finally did after the 5th...though i thought the doctors should have stepped in sooner.

Heartbreaking stuff for Enzo though, got the fight against all the odds and has it taken from him due to a freak kind of eye injury due to a clash of heads, still he did himself proud.

I forgot about the Enzo fight, as I was out clubbing on Saturday night. That must be the first time in a while that I have missed a modestly big boxing match, let alone forget about one. I also forgot that Frampton was fighting.

Me and my Brother are going halves on Boxnation for a few months in time for Del Boy vs Fury, given their schedule and the amount of international fights they have, I look forward to having it for a while.

Anyway I am back to being a hermit this Saturday (I think), so I will be staying up for Pac vs Bradley. Need to catch up on 24/7

Here is the face off with a personal favorite of mine Max Kellerman (Steve Bunce loves him as well) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHhSk-_8IK8

• Paid Members

dunno if any of you have seen the adverts, but Ringside is repeated on Sky 2 now every friday evening. If you dont have Sky Sports get that son'bitch on series planner, really is a great watch every week.

dunno if any of you have seen the adverts, but Ringside is repeated on Sky 2 now every friday evening. If you dont have Sky Sports get that son'bitch on series planner, really is a great watch every week.

Indeed

They are revealing the Froch vs Groves undercard tonight. Also, looks like James DeGale is signing for Matchroom today.

• Paid Members

DeGale is chief support, fighting an American called Brandon Gonzales. Final eliminator for the World Title shot.

Chuffed for DeGale though, his Channel 5 venture seemed to going sideways.