Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Ebb, have you heard of the edit button? You've managed to triple and then double post in succession.

Given how he edited his last post, I'd say yes, he just doesn't know what the fucker is for.

Does anyone know much about Boxnation's analyst Barry Jones? His boxing career is a bit before my time but I was looking him up because he won a world title when he was quite young. What amazed me was that in 18 wins he never won a fight via TKO or stoppage in his career. That's got to be quite a unique point, even flyweight champions have knocked someone out. Are there any other fighters who became a world champion but never had a stoppage victory?

• Paid Members

ny_g_malignaggi-broner_mb_576.jpg

Paulie Malignaggi (146.4) vs. Adrien Broner (146.8)

Sakio Bika (167.2) vs. Marco Antonio Periban (167.2)

Seth Mitchell (243.8) vs. Johnathon Banks (216.6)

this is gonna be tremendous!

Can't believe Bika/Periban is for the WBC title at 168lbs. Big things seem to be expected of Periban, tonight will give us a better insight in to his quality. Looking forward to Banks/Mitchell, first fight was fun, can't see this being no different. Someone's getting banged out, I think its going to be Banks this time round. Paulie will do well to survive the final bell.

• Paid Members

Haven't followed the build up for this closely but I'm looking forward to it. Didn't even realize the Mitchell vs Banks rematch was on this card. Paulie's eyebrows never fail to shock me, I always seem to forget and then he'll pop up on screen and I think I'm watching that Ladyboys show. They're ridiculous.Broner by stoppage around the 8th or 9th I reckon.

That Bika/Periban fight was great fun to watch. Bika gets it on a majority decision, forth time was the charm this time. I think it was a fair decision, I had Bika winning by a couple of rounds. From round 9 onwards both were just swinging from the fences, hopefully the next two fights can get close to matching this one for sense of excitement.

• Paid Members

well, this one is gonna be discussed for some time. That was a very difficult fight to score, i had my pen and paper at hand i had it 114/114. The boxnation comentary had Broner by a landslide but in the earlier rounds he lost rounds simply by being outworked. The punch power differential was insane and 1 punch from Broner was doing more significant damage than whole bursts of punches by Malignaggi but the work rate has to count, epsecially when they were landing. The whole fight you just sensed that Broner could have stepped it up and won comfortably but he stayed flat footed and tried to win rounds by doing less than Paulie. Malignaggi's assessment at the end was spot on. Bunce & Lillis pointed out afterwards that if the ref had taken a point for one of the many fouls Broner commited (and he should have), Malignaggi would have either won majority decision or got a draw (but what is with Steve Lillis pronouncing guys names wrong!?!?!)Adrien Broner is going down the wrong path in terms of playing up to the character though in my opinion. What started as a brash, confident Floyd wannabe is turning into a nastier, cruel piece of work. I sense that people are gonna end not loving to hate the guy but flat out hating him. His fight style is frustrating to watch but the personality along with it is becoming a bit unbearable. If you didn't see Banks/Mitchell, don't bother. One of the worst fights ive ever laid witness too, holy shit it was bad. Steve Bunce called fix.Bika/Periban was the best of the 3 in terms of action, started slow but ended as a bit of a wild slugfest, enjoyed it.