Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
They cancelled mine. I got a new debit card and didn't change the details on that paypal rip off site they use.

That's the thing, I could kind of understand that but this was the exact same card/bank details they've been using to take payment for months, with no problem whatsoever.

Ah well. I could do with saving a bit of cash at the moment. I'll try and pick it up again later in the year.

Does anyone know what time the Froch vs Kessler fight is meant to start?

They cancelled mine. I got a new debit card and didn't change the details on that paypal rip off site they use.

That's the thing, I could kind of understand that but this was the exact same card/bank details they've been using to take payment for months, with no problem whatsoever.

Ah well. I could do with saving a bit of cash at the moment. I'll try and pick it up again later in the year.

Does anyone know what time the Froch vs Kessler fight is meant to start?

Apart from Brone/Malignaggi, any other fights on boxnation over next month or so do you know?

The ring walk time will be no earlier then 11.15pm, depending on two fights before, I'd say fight starts before midnight for sure.

• Paid Members

They've got Marcos Maidana vs Josesito Lopez in a couple of weeks. And Price vs Thompson 2 in July. They're the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Oh and cheers for the info on times.

Edited by wandshogun09

Maidana didn't look right in his first fight at 147lbs against Alexander. He looked pudgy and got schooled. Lopez looked very good against Ortiz when he moved up to 147lbs, but can't judge him on the loss against Canelo at 154lbs. Should be a lot of fun.

• Paid Members

That was awesome. Both of them were brilliant and it was tense as fuck by the end. I had it 115-113 for Froch but every time you thought Kessler was on the way out he'd fire back with something. They had a hard act to follow with their first fight but this was great stuff.

Haha, don't know if I heard that right but;

Froch: Do you wanna do a third?

Kessler: Oh shit.

:laugh:

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I also had it 115-113 for Froch (having 105-104 going into the twelfth).

What were the official scores? I could have sworn I heard one judge have it going to Froch 118-110. If so, that's an outrageous score.

Also, I thought Jim Watt was ridiculously biased tonight. Trying to sell the idea that Froch had broken Kessler's heart in one of the middle rounds (I think seven) only for Kessler to come back and win the next round. Plus, it's Mikkel Kessler. He's not some untested Jos

Edited by nfc90210

I had it 117-111 to Froch

I had 1-3, 7, 8 and 12 as definitive Froch rounds, the other 6 were mostly very close and I gave 4, 10 and 11 to Froch and the other 3 to Kessler. I think the right man won despite Kessler having a valid argument for half the rounds, as the rounds Froch won he bossed and had Kessler in trouble.

Great fight.

Also, I thought Jim Watt was ridiculously biased tonight.

Jim Watt is absolutely terrible. He's the reason that I actively seek out US broadcasts of every fight I watch these days. I simply can't stand him at all.

I have a feeling that I had a better time watching the Froch/Kessler fight on HBO, with Jim Lampley, Max Kellerman, and most interestingly Andre Ward.