Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

gotta throw out some props to Sky Sports, they are doing a bang on job with the Froch/Kessler footage, tremendous buildup, im pumped.

Very much so.

I think Sky gain confidence from knowing it will be a cracking main event and they don't need to worry.

It's got a very big time feel to it and rightly so, the build-up so far has been top notch.

Anyone got tickets?

• Paid Members

nah not me :( i considered it but they sold out so quick...i got a lot on though so im happy to be settling down with a few beers in front of the tv.

Undercard is decent too, George Groves looks to finally have a decent opponent. Groves is a weird one, he won his biggest fight to date against James DeGale and has gone backwards, he's stayed busy but it's time to step it up in terms of competition, i know there's been cancelled fights but it's time he delivered.

Bellew/Chilemba II as well. It's weird to get excited for a rematch of a fight that wasn't necessarily exciting the first time around, but the first ended up being one of the more intriguing fights of the year so far. I give props to Bellew for taking it again cause Chilemba's an awkward guy to fight and he made Bellew look a bit of a tit first time. Chilemba's claiming that he was ill during that fight too, maybe some mind games to discourage Bellew?

The weigh-in's by the way are at 1pm on Sky Sports News today.

I'm going, the first fight I've been to in a couple of years (pretty much since I decided never to give Warren a penny of my money ever again) and really looking forward to it. Doing the double header with the Premiership final at Twickenham with my dad. Mega looking forward to it, seems like a proper big fight event for the first time in ages.

• Paid Members

I've actually missed pretty much all the Froch-Kessler hype. Is there anything that's been must see that I can easily find online?

I'm really looking forward to the fight all the same. These two almost always deliver and the first fight was awesome Should be a great fight with an electric atmosphere.

• Paid Members

there's been Behind The Ropes episodes for each fighter, Ringside was held at the o2 last night and focussed on the fight as well. Well worth trying to get hold of before the fight.

sounds like a good day out Bellend, enjoy it son!

Thanks ebb, will try to. Only problem is getting the Champions League final in at some point (not in person, mind), but that'll probably have to be sacrificed. Cracking weekend of sport when you throw in the golf, Monaco and Indy. For armchair sports fans, the May Bank Holiday is probably as good as it gets every year.

• Paid Members

Fucking BoxNation have cancelled my subscription.

I had an email about a week or so back saying they were unable to take payment, even though the money was in the account and they've never had trouble taking it every other month. They said they'd try to take it again in 10 days and if they couldn't again, my subscription would be cancelled. I was going to phone them to query it but totally forgot with moving house. And besides, the money has been in my account whenever they wanted it so I didn't think there'd be a problem.

Anyway, today I got another email saying I've had my subscription cancelled and the whole 'sorry you're leaving us' bit. So I assume they're saying they couldn't take the payment again, even though a month's wages went in this week. What the shit?

I don't even know if I can be arsed with sorting it out. And if I sign back up would they expect me to pay the tenner set up fee again? Even though they're the ones who clearly cocked up somewhere. Fuck that.

Anyone else had this?

Here are the Froch & Kessler Behind The Ropes.

This should be an absolute barn-burner of a fight. I don't think I can call this one because Froch can be a bit hot & cold with his starts and Kessler hasn't faced anyone decent since the first fight with Froch plus he had the eye problems. If Froch turns up on the attack like he did against Bute, then Kessler's going to be back-pedaling all night. But if he comes out sluggish like he did against Ward then Kessler will eat him up with the stiff jab.

Edited by Rossman

Am i the only one who thinks froch kessler will not be a classic? I'm sure it will be a great spectacle but cannot see it touching the first one for actipn. I see a very cautious start from kessler and think he will try and hit and move for as long as he can without engaging froch. I expect froch to take over late and win on pts. But it the fight falling below expectations.

Am i the only one who thinks froch kessler will not be a classic? I'm sure it will be a great spectacle but cannot see it touching the first one for actipn. I see a very cautious start from kessler and think he will try and hit and move for as long as he can without engaging froch. I expect froch to take over late and win on pts. But it the fight falling below expectations.

Agreed. This is the first 'big fight' I have not bought in about 5 years. I adore Froch but not convinced this will be one for the ages and, TBH, I am a bit underwhelmed by the entire card as a 'return to PPV' whole.

I don't think the fight either will be as good as the first one. I'd expect both fighters to use their brain more in this one and look to do more getting in and out with their punches. I hope Froch wins as if he loses I think it will be the end of his career. He seems so amped up for this fight, could work for or against, I'm going with it working for him and I think he'll take a close hard fought decision. Can't wait for it.