Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

same at mine, i got a few boys coming around tomorrow. Usually i'd prefer to watch it alone but it's one of the few times where i feel the fight has that kind of feel where everyone has some interest in it...especially for a fight happening in this country. I think it's gonna deliver too.

Quick note, the fight is taking place over 10 rounds and not 12.

• Paid Members

gotta throw out some props at Boxnation for their buildup to the fight this weekend. They've really taken advantage of having a entire station to play with, there's been the Beyond The Ropes episodes (which is like a budget 24/7) as well as random Haye/Chisora: Live buildup episodes where random people have been sitting on the couch just chatting boxing.

It's basic stuff but if you're a boxing fan it's been great.

I still aint a big fan of Boxnation's fight night coverage (they need to trim the fat) but they've done a good job with this.

I love Chisora's pet pooch. Mrs Houchen now wants him to win based on he must be nice bloke to have such an adorable pooch. However, I think the real reason is I dragged her to the MEN for the Haye Ruiz fight ,which she enjoyed the experience, but the pasty skinny lads in front all whipping their tops off and swinging them around their heads scarred her!

Ah well, cheers anyway - sounds like it might all be over by the time Sir Tom finishes rocking for the night.

I wonder if he will duet with Cerys Matthews either onstage or backstage. Not now, boyo.

• Moderators
I've signed up for this fight and a few mates are coming round. They never usually show an interest but for a low quality tear up farce, it's bums on seats at Club Houchen.

If the winner gets Skelton/Sprott then Casa Del Butch will be jam packed to the rafters with passionate fight fans.

I've signed up for this fight and a few mates are coming round. They never usually show an interest but for a low quality tear up farce, it's bums on seats at Club Houchen.

If the winner gets Skelton/Sprott then Casa Del Butch will be jam packed to the rafters with passionate fight fans.

For proper boxing, British Heavyweight that is, Club Houchen has a strict black tie door policy. Afterwards, the stuffed shirts are removed and Reed V Bates is the order of the day.

• Paid Members
I love Chisora's pet pooch. Mrs Houchen now wants him to win based on he must be nice bloke to have such an adorable pooch. However, I think the real reason is I dragged her to the MEN for the Haye Ruiz fight ,which she enjoyed the experience, but the pasty skinny lads in front all whipping their tops off and swinging them around their heads scarred her!

Ha, my girlfriend came to a UFC with me and seemed quite alarmed by the fat bloke in front of us getting his tits out. She was conveniently 'washing her hair' when the UFC came back over last November.

Chisora's pooch and his surprisingly classy girlfriend have convinced me he's a big softy really and a good lad. The bad boy, gangster stuff around his fights is very unprofessional but it's all a big bluff I reckon to get attention. It's working. For a guy who was coming in flabby and losing to Tyson Fury not long ago he's not doing too bad for himself.

• Paid Members

Tonight's the night then. Who is everyone picking? I'm thinking Haye takes a decision and Khan stops Garcia around the 9th or 10th.

Can see something controversial kicking off again with Haye and Del Boy. I hope not but it's got that feel about it for me.

• Paid Members

Haye by decision for me too.

I think Khan V Garcia is going to be great for some unknown reason. Khan to come through but in a close fight.

Anybody know the undercard matches for Haye-Chisora?

Tonight's the night then. Who is everyone picking? I'm thinking Haye takes a decision and Khan stops Garcia around the 9th or 10th.

Can see something controversial kicking off again with Haye and Del Boy. I hope not but it's got that feel about it for me.

Can't disagree with the above.

Feel Khan will have far too much for Garcia if he sticks to the game plan.

Wouldn't bet against an Haye win tonight either. I don't see it being easy at all, he's in for a tough night but I don't see Del-Boy being able to deal with the quickness of Haye. We might see a late KO but I would guess it will go 10 rounds.

I am the same.

Khan by stoppage provided he does not do his machismo act and boxes smart, Johnny Nelson said it best when he said Khan was a average brawler but a excellent boxer, bit worried about his training camp being all over the place as well.

I think Haye will win, not sure who I want to win because a like them both him and Chisora a great deal. Chisora on behind the ropes was a riot, "hey buddy, cant you see I am working here, get out of my gym, straight up this is my joint"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH-iZ8uIitE

Edited by jimufctna24