Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

It was good, but it wasn't as good as the
. Berbick cuts a promo about call girls, challenges Holmes to a street fight, complains ("Larry Holmes kicked me!") and then Big Larry dropkicks him off a car. 10/10.

Almost as crazy as the fact he got murdered by his nephew!!

Berbick was out of his mind. He's the dude that claimed he was 'drugged' before he fought Mike Tyson. I wanna read more Berbick stories.

Haha you mean he used that as an excuse for getting knocked the f*ck out?! Interesting guy to say the least! Also known for defeating Muhammad Ali in his last pro fight.

• Paid Members
. Berbick cuts a promo about call girls, challenges Holmes to a street fight, complains ("Larry Holmes kicked me!") and then Big Larry dropkicks him off a car. 10/10.

Berbick was out of his mind. He's the dude that claimed he was 'drugged' before he fought Mike Tyson. I wanna read more Berbick stories.

Haha you mean he used that as an excuse for getting knocked the f*ck out?! Interesting guy to say the least! Also known for defeating Muhammad Ali in his last pro fight.

And also known for battering a basically defenseless Ali. Bastard. Glad Danny Trejo killed him.

Fantastic stuff, Frank Warren's smile during it was a mile wide. As a pro-wrestling fan, it clearly looks like a work, as Chisora's slap to Klitschko was. The boxing press is lapping it up though.

Edit: my boxing fan friend and I have been booking this over txt this morning. Our best guess is

Haye & Chisora v Hogan & Frank Bruno at Wembley in the summer.

Edited by Loki

And also known for battering a basically defenseless Ali. Bastard. Glad Danny Trejo killed him.

What's the story behind this? I thought he beat Ali on points?

I really cant see how people can demand for life bans here, yeah it was incredibly stupid and a massive eyesore for the sport, but can you ban two guys for fighting when they are in a sport where you are paid to....fight?

They are paid to compete in a sporting contest, within the rules of boxing. They aren

I really cant see how people can demand for life bans here, yeah it was incredibly stupid and a massive eyesore for the sport, but can you ban two guys for fighting when they are in a sport where you are paid to....fight?

They are paid to compete in a sporting contest, within the rules of boxing. They aren’t paid to hit each other with weapons and cut managers faces open in scuffles at press conferences. Unless there’s some kind of new CZW style promotion in boxing these days that I’ve missed. That would be fucking smart if there was. Light tube ropes and that, thumbtack gloves. Fuck yeah. Top idea!

On a serious note though, golfers couldn’t go round twatting their opponents with the club just because they are paid to hit things with clubs. This brawl is nothing at all like what they are paid to do.

Of course, but a Golfer striking somebody with a club is a very long way from the game of golf. Having a fight with another boxer isnt a million miles from what a boxer does. Im not condoning it, but I think life bans are way too heavy for what happened. This is also the most entertaining thing in heavyweight boxing for a long time which says alot.

Edited by Van Dammer

It's the most entertaining thing to happen for people who don't really follow the sport. I'm not being sanctimonious, I barely watch it any more (the end of Zab Judah did it for me :( ), but it's a legitimate, interesting sporting contest. I'm kind of hideously entertained by watching them make fools of themselves and it'll no doubt whip up interest. But of course they should be punished.

• Paid Members

This whole thing is canny mental really, as mentioned above, the wrestling fan in me is also screaming 'work', probs because im an idiot, but you know, it smells of shit.. a bit.

10 points to them if it is a conconcted script as its created a massive buzz.

As soon as i have said the above out loud, i've realised that i sound like a fucking clown. Which makes the whole thing even more interesting.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

David Haye statement.

"During the post-fight press conference, I was stood at the back of the room. It wasn't until Bernd Bonte said my name and involved me in the press conference that I commented. I was then happy to banter back and forth with Bonte and Klitschko, keen to ascertain whether he (Vitali) would stay true to his word and reiterate his desire to do what his younger brother couldn't do

• Paid Members

This is one of them weird situations where im kinda torn on my thoughts. On one hand its easy to say it's a black eye for the sport, and both guys should be ashamed of themselves, but id be completely lying if i didnt admit part of me f'n loved it. Feuds and rivalries make boxing and mma exciting and you can guarantee that if Chisora-Haye get into a boximg ring i'll be first in line to throw down my cash to see it take place.

Boxing's got a long history of brawls and stuff happening outside of the ring, it's obviously wrong but it does make the sport fun to follow, despite the nasty, violent and unsportmanlike nature of these kinds of events.

Both are idiots, both disgraced their profession but i'd love to see em fight.

You cant fault Chisora's efforts to make a name for himself though, hes gone from unknown to the casual audience boxer, to a nationally known badboy in 3 days!

Edited by Ebb