Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezEb0fI3oNg...feature=related

mosley v marg - round 8 and 9.

Would love Shane to put up a good fight tomorrow, but think hes to old and slow now, doesnt have the engine to keep up. Hope he isnt embarresed. He's never been stopped before in his career, but i think pacman will be out to prove a point after mayweather went the distance with him. Alot of people are predicting late stoppage or pts, but i think pacman will stop him in under 5.

• Paid Members

Fight Camp 360 has got me excited for it again :)

It's hard to not root agianst either guy though...Mosely's a massive underdog but he's such a likable character you dont really want to see him lose.

Pac-Man is a unique individual, you don't really understand how famous he is until you watch stuff like 360, the guy basically trains in amongst the most insane schedule ever, he must drive Freddie Roach fucking crazy. How Pac-Man can keep the same standard despite everything else he does (politician, actor, singer) proves how f'n amazing he is.

Should be a good night though, gonna watch Prizefighter then go into the superfight, i like.

The problem with Pacquiao now, is that unless something truly remarkable happens, every fight he has (bar with Mayweather) is a foregone conclusion before they step in the ring. It's a bit of a shame really-like when Undertaker fights anyone big at Wrestlemania. You know it'll be a good fight, but there is only ever going to be one winner so it kind of takes away a bit of the enjoyment.

That being said I'm still looking forward to the event as a whole, and any fight the Pacman has is good to watch. He wins by about as unanimous a decision as you can get, I think Mosley might nick a round or two but that's it.

Elsewhere tonight, Prizefighter looks a bit shit now half the line-up has pulled out, but realistically Gomez and Johnson were never turning up. A bit like when Roddzilla books someone big for 1PW. But it might be alright so I'll sky+ it. The german card on Premier looks better, and it has a decent undercard which is more than can be said for the majority of fights over there.

Edited by Sergio Bellend

According to boxerec, Mayweather will face Victor Ortiz in September. Surely this is pending on his legal woes.

Think Manny will win pretty much every round tonight and win on points, Mosely sure has done alright from himself being in his late thirties and getting big paydays against the two best boxers of this generation.

• Paid Members
Carl Froch is back on Sky!! his fight with Glen Johnson is airing on May 21st, about fucking time!

Great news. The most exciting fighter the UK has currently imo. He deserves the coverage.

According to boxerec, Mayweather will face Victor Ortiz in September. Surely this is pending on his legal woes.

Yeah his legal problems could cock that one up. I read recently Floyd could be looking at a 34 year stretch in jail.

• Paid Members
Elsewhere tonight, Prizefighter looks a bit shit now half the line-up has pulled out, but realistically Gomez and Johnson were never turning up. A bit like when Roddzilla books someone big for 1PW. But it might be alright so I'll sky+ it. The german card on Premier looks better, and it has a decent undercard which is more than can be said for the majority of fights over there.

yeh, the lineup is a joke compared to what they first put out, shame really :( it should still be a fun watch though, im tuning in.

The only chance Mosely has tonight is to end the fight early. Bar the second round against Mayweather he was schooled in every other round and in his last fight against Mora he looked his age. Pacman has just been dominent for a long time now and has barely lost a round since destroying De La Hoya. I can't see Pacquiao knocking Mosley, but I can see Naseem pulling Shane out between round eight-ten.

This Mayweather rumour has been floating around for the past couple of weeks, until he comes out himself and says he is returning I will wait with baited breath.