Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

If Wilder/Fury happens it makes Hearn and Joshua look the villains of the peice. Then if Fury does get the belt (please lord).....it will be interesting to see what Hearn says about the split. 

That IFL interview with Fury does put things in perspective....a total of £80million for 2 fights and they still turned it down. Who is Hearn to question Al Haymon who generally overpays alot of fighters and works with Floyd Mayweather. I know theres alot of hearsay, but the facts are alot of people in the business like Warren, Fury, Froch and more and more each day seem to be taking Wilders side. The only people who arent are Matchroom folk like Bellew. 

The IFL interview with Hearn about the whole situation seemed to me that Eddie Hearn was over compensating a bit. 

Imagine, Fury sparks Wilder, Povetkin sparks Joshua, that’d be hilarious.

• Paid Members

We got some boxing on tonight...

Cordina/Dodd on the Sky NXTGEN show this evening.

In America...

Kovalev/Alvarez & Bivol/Chilemba on HBO

Berto/Alexander & Quillan/Love on PBC.

Pick the bones out of that

I'm interested in the Cordina/Dodd fight. A step up for Cordina and Dodd is no slouch so should be a good fight.

On the undercard is a fighter round my way, Jordan Gill. He's trained by the Ingles so has a lot of potential but has had 20 fights now, he's undefeated but he's never progressed. He has a lot of skill but lacks any stopping power. His last fight was against a guy who's only had 4 fights. His toughest fight was against Jason Cunningham. He easily won on points but in the last round Cunningham came on strong and made his face a right mess. He's up against a Hungarian guy tonight who's chinny but can pack a punch. Not really a step up again because Gill will box rings around him but he may get caught.

• Paid Members

Good IFL interview with Don Charles here. Didn't know Chisora went into depression after the Whyte loss. Makes the story of the Takam win last week all the sweeter. 

Don is a good listen. Never really seen much of his interviews before but I'll make a point of watching them from now on. 

And a quick interview with Frank Warren about his little radio argument with Bellew;

His comment about his shirt at the end is probably the first, last and only time he'll ever make me laugh. 

• Paid Members

Im not sold on any of the women either than Katie Taylor, shes just leagues above everyone.

I missed all boxing this weekend, but just found out Kovalev got knocked out 😮 i skipped it because i thought it was a routine, nothing fight.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I missed Kovalev vs Alvarez as well. Saw the result though. Where did it air here, Box Nation? 

Hearn was saying on IFL the other day that, "in an ideal world", he's hoping to do Bellew vs Usyk on November 10th and Brook vs Khan at Millenium Stadium on December 8th. 

Of course, the world isn't ideal and I've got my doubts Khan ever takes the Brook fight but I'd be well up for this. Great way to end the year. Especially if that Fury vs Wilder fight also somehow comes off for December as well but I really can't see that happening. 

9 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Im not sold on any of the women either than Katie Taylor, shes just leagues above everyone.

I missed all boxing this weekend, but just found out Kovalev got knocked out 😮 i skipped it because i thought it was a routine, nothing fight.

Any of the women in general? Or just in Britain? Chantelle Cameron is at Taylor's weight and dealt with Obenauf much more convincingly then Taylor did, she looks really good and they same weight, but even with different promoters hopefully a fight between the two of them down the line can be made.

• Paid Members

Just in general. Whenever ive seen Taylor fight she just seems leagues above anyone both skill wise and physicality wise...this is at world title level too. I keep hearing of other credible champions and challengers, i dont really follow it though. When Taylor gets matched up with one of them ill definitely tune in.