Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Frampton will stay well away from Rigondeaux. His boxing brain would explode because of Rigo's footwork. Frampton will end up vacating the belt and Rigo will fight Quigg to get his own belt back. It's a travesty he's being stripped of titles because fighters are too scared to face him.

• Paid Members

That is James Nesbitt's default setting. I have seen him a few times at the Cheltenham Festival and he is always hammered.

For once last night I thought Joe Gallagher did a bad job in the corner. How he could think that Quigg won any of the first 6 rounds I don't know. He didn't say anything to Quigg until he told him that he had heard that Sky had him 7-1 down. He really should be better at judging how his fighter is doing.

Yeah, that was the jist I was getting from Twitter. Until afterwards when all the "real" boxing fans pop up to claim that the others just don't appreciate the noble art or whatever.

I wouldn't class robbery as a "noble art" personally....

Looks like AJ's lining up a fight with Haye for this summer based on his Sky stuff yesterday.

Bad move on his part IMO. Quick pay day sure, but I don't see him beating Haye. Haye's still a solid, well-rounded, experienced boxer. AJ got rocked by White and showed there's a lot of flaws still needing rectifying in his game. If he fancies a long successful career I say he waits and fight's more 'lesser quality opponents' not much to lose as he's still doing solid PPV numbers over here to against unheard of opponents for the most part. 

Edited by seanz25

• Paid Members

See Big Daddy Browne won a version f the gold lastnight with a tenth round stoppage! I've always found him entertaining to watch and he seems a nice chap. That should open the door for some big fights. Made up for The Hitman as well.

Was a cracking fight too. It looked like Browne was headed to a points defeat despite given a great account of himself. Chagaev looked great for 8-9 rounds, hes a tubster but he has real fast hands for a heavyweight, great punch selection too. Browne was down heavy in round 6 but scored a massive come from behind stoppage in the 10th.

Wouldn't be surprised if they do it again.