Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Any idea what the ticket prices are for the fight? Tickets go on sale Monday but I cant find the ticket prices anywhere. I wouldn't sit any higher then the lower tier at Wembley. You wouldn't see a thing from the top tier.

• Paid Members

would really like to go to Froch/Groves II just for the atmosphere of it, but it's likely i'll be getting the PPV.

Caught up on the weekend's fights, Chavez Jr/Vera was a scrappy, brutal yet very entertaining fight. Chavez sheer physical strength the clear deciding factor, i don't think Vera has the ability to hurt a guy like Chavez, hes so fucking gutsy though you can't help but root for the guy.

The Lomanchenko fight played out the complete opposite to the way the HBO crew were expecting, they all expected Lomachenko to dominate early and fade but it was the other way around. I wasn't scoring but i thought it was very close, Lomachenko had the most dominant round but Salido's constant body attack was the most effective weapon all night. The gamble backfired.

Abraham/Steiglitz was arguably the fight of the weekend. I've always had a bit of a love/hate thing with Abraham because whenever i tune in to watch him he has a stinker, but he looked great Saturday. I think most people thought Abraham was shot but he looked sharp and still showed he has some devastating power. Steiglitz got his gameplan all wrong but it made for a very entertaining fight.

As for for Ricky Burns. Im a big fan but i was such a shame to see him go out and lose his world title in such a disinterested kind of way. There was a of negative comments on twitter regarding Jim Watt, i know a few people here have dissed him in the past but it wasn't really until Saturday that he got on my tits, what a negative way to describe the action. I don't know if Burns was just completely outclassed or if he had motivation issues but he just seemed to go out with a bit of a whimper and that's not what you expect from Ricky Burns, hopefully he gets the fire back.

• Paid Members

anyone getting on the Canelo/Angulo fight tonight? still aint watched the All Access shows but i'll be getting em on before tomorrow. General feel that it's gonna be a bit of an all Mexican classic.

So Terence Crawford schooled Ricky Burns with relative ease. I had it 119 - 112 with a bunch of rounds being draws. They could have swung the other way (hometown bias) and been points for Burns which would have made the official scorecards of 116 - 112 seem less ridiculous. Jim Watt was his usual annoying self on commentary, declaring after 5 minutes that Crawford wasn't as good as he thought he was. Then spending the rest of the fight talking about Ricky's jaw bothering him, hence why he was doing fuck all. Giving little credit to Crawford's slick movement, fast jabs and nullifying every Burns attack. Crawford fought away from home against a multi weight world champion, never gone 12 rounds and has a third of the ring experience as Ricky has and still cruised it. Saying this wasn't the normal Ricky Burns was a fallacy, its the same guy against someone much better than him.

They say that styles make fights, and Crawford has the style needed to beat Burns nine times out of ten. I thought Burns looked sharp, look focused and looked back to his best, but he just didn't have it to deal with Crawford's style, simple as that.

He'll be back, he's far from finished going on that performance (despite what Jim Watt says).

So Terence Crawford schooled Ricky Burns with relative ease. I had it 119 - 112 with a bunch of rounds being draws. They could have swung the other way (hometown bias) and been points for Burns which would have made the official scorecards of 116 - 112 seem less ridiculous. Jim Watt was his usual annoying self on commentary, declaring after 5 minutes that Crawford wasn't as good as he thought he was. Then spending the rest of the fight talking about Ricky's jaw bothering him, hence why he was doing fuck all. Giving little credit to Crawford's slick movement, fast jabs and nullifying every Burns attack. Crawford fought away from home against a multi weight world champion, never gone 12 rounds and has a third of the ring experience as Ricky has and still cruised it. Saying this wasn't the normal Ricky Burns was a fallacy, its the same guy against someone much better than him.

They say that styles make fights, and Crawford has the style needed to beat Burns nine times out of ten. I thought Burns looked sharp, look focused and looked back to his best, but he just didn't have it to deal with Crawford's style, simple as that.

He'll be back, he's far from finished going on that performance (despite what Jim Watt says).

So you think this is a one-off & the Beltran & Gonzalez warning signs never happened? If he had another world title shot against Abril, Gamboa or Vasquez he wouldn't have a hope.

• Paid Members

holy fucking shit, Canelo was in kill mode last night, the ref. basically stopped the fight to save Angulo from himself, that crazy fucker would walk forward eating punches all night.

Jealous of you guys.

Here is a video of Froch shoving Groves, and some verbals between Groves and Froch's brother

-

Looks like they should be releasing another 20,000 tickets but there all going to be in the top tier I presume. Would there still be another 10,000 left to sell after that if they wanted to?