Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Brook will get clobbered if he steps it up. Doesnt look fit to me. Sky sports definately need a roy keane style pundit to put these chumps in their place. Hes never being a legit top 3 or 4.

Brook will get clobbered if he steps it up. Doesnt look fit to me. Sky sports definately need a roy keane style pundit to put these chumps in their place. Hes never being a legit top 3 or 4.

• Paid Members

I thought recently Jonny Nelson has been calling it like most see it.

Didn't see the comments after Brook though. Watched it but wasn't paying that much attention due to being with friends but on the record it will look good.

I wouldn't be rushing a Alexandra fight though. I know he has a World Title but such awkward opponent. The division is stacked with big names does the title mean much?

Don't forget that Hopkins/Murat is on Boxnation tonight. Wilder on the undercard with a great match up between Quillen and Rosado.

I personally think B-Hop will KO me to sleep in the 3rd round.

Edited by Fox Piss

Brook is just a bit patchy at times, when he is on he looks very impressive.

Stopping Senchenko in the 4th was pretty impressive, if he can find more consistency he could do well at World Class

The B-Hop fight wasn't too bad, he was being dirty and manipulative like he usually is but he was trading with Murat at times. There was a point in the 5th when he gave Murat a couple of kisses in the clinch. In the 8th, when Murat was getting a ticking off, Hopkins went over to Murat's corner and started to have a conversation with them whilst Murat came over and started to fight again and B-Hop was dodging all the punches whilst continuing the conversation. Easy win for B-Hop.

Rosado tried to build up some faux controversy in his fight with Peter Quillin. It seemed like a fairly even fight but in the 9th round, Quillin hit a hook that split Rosado's eyelid open about 2-3 inches. It was a horrible cut but the fight continued until he took more punches in the next round and the doctor stopped it. He was moaning about how he could see and it wasn't a bad cut, but it looked pretty nasty. The judges had Quillin in front by 7 points so Rosado needed a KO to win. Rosado seems like a bit of a whinger, he was saying Golovkin had the padding cut out of his gloves in their fight, hence why he got beat up so bad. Truth is, Rosado isn't that good. 21 wins, 7 losses and no win in his last 3 fights.

Deontay Wilder blasted his way through Nicola Firtha. Wilder was taking it steady even though Firtha was down twice in the first round. Firtha looked like he was doing alright until Wilder turned it up a gear and hit a combo to put Firtha down for the count in the fourth round. Firtha is quite resilient only Wilder & Fury have knocked him out in the past couple of years. Alexander Povetkin and Johnathon Banks both went the distance with him.

• Paid Members

Hopkins was tremendous Saturday night. He took a bit of a nothing fight (Murat was the mandatory challenger) and he made it look easy whilst being uncharacteristcally entertaining. Murat started well but Hopkins is just so calm in the ring, i never get the sense that he can actually be hurt, the guy is unbelievable. He outbrawled Murat when he needed too, Hopkins is a nasty fucker. He's really calling for the Mayweather fight now in May, it isn't going to happen, surely.

It was not a pretty fight, there was foul play everywhere but it was fun to watch.

Deontay Wilder is splittling opinion like no other. Some people are on the wagon, and with 30 KO's in 30 fights he's very easy to market but many feel he's going down the minute he fights a decent opponent. Showtime need to be careful because Wilder has money written all over him, and it really is time to step him up, but it might be the time Wilder falls flat on his face. There's no doubting his power though.

The UK card was decent, Kell Brook did exactly what he needed to do, he whiped out the Hatton conquerer (which will good to the public) and he did it in style. Now is the time for Kell Brook to goto world level, even if he doesn't succeed it has to happen now. The jury's still out, but it's time.

Anthony Joshua did what he needed to do, expect a few more guys to get bowled over with ease until at least 2015.

Fight of fight night was easily the Rose/Maciel fight, just a 12 round dog fight that swayed back and forth. If Rose had any sustainable power he'd be quality but moving to world level if he's going to have any success he's gonna have to do everything the hard way. Nice underdog success story.

• Paid Members

The guy seems destined to crash and burn big time. Any word on why the Maidana fight was taken off PPV?

The fight isnt far away but they shkwed Broner at the Hopkins fight Saturday and he looked overweight.

• Paid Members

I don't know the exact reason the PPV was scrapped but they had 3 cards for the end of year

Alexandra - Porter with Santa Cruz supporting

Judah - Paulie

Broner - Maidina

The scrapped the first (Didn't look very appealing) and made 2 monster showtime cards....

Zab Judah vs Paulie Malignaggi, Alexander vs Porter, Erislandy Lara vs Austin Trout, and Sakio Bika vs Anthony Dirrell.

Broner vs Maidana, Victor Ortiz vs Alfonso Gomez, Keith Thurman vs Jesus Soto Karass, Santa Cruz vs Seda, and Beibut Shumenov vs Tamas Kovacs.

• Paid Members

it's a fantastic end to the year. I read a report somewhere the other day saying that this has probably been the best year ever to televised boxing in terms of quality, it's been awesome. It's a good time to be a fan.

oh and Saturday marks the return of this bloke...

golovkin_macklin_first_press_conf4-530x317.jpg

the most unassuming killer in boxing.

Legendary Nights: Gatti vs Ward;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&a...p;v=UViOdXG7eGc

Haven't watched this myself yet but I've read only good things about it. I'll watch it over the weekend.

Very well put together as these HBO shows normally are but so, so tragic what happened. I remember reading at the time there was a lot of concern at how the investigation into his murder was conducted and the suicide verdict didn't add up.

Classic ringside. Groves did come across very confident, but everything he said about Froch was true. Ward did bully him out of the fight, Kesslerbear him the first time and Dirrell was unlucky not to get the decision. If Groves fights on the back foot he has a chance, a good chance. Ifhe fights i imagine Froch "will put the chump to sleep".

Froch had thay uncomfortable look on his face all the through, trying to be casual but not being able to pull it off. He was definately rumbled there.

I initially thought it was just a poker face and he wasn't rising to the bait but the longer it went on the more uncomfortable he looked and i've never seen anything like that before.

It was almost like being at a funeral when are trying anything and everything to keep your mind off the mater at hand as you know it'll make you upset. Froch was utterly spooked during that, i'm still shocked by it.