Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Sky talked to Khan a few minutes after fight ended. He said he would like to fight Matthysse. My brother who considers himself an expert on body language, on account of watching Lie to Me, noticed that as Khan was saying how much he 'd like to fight Matthysse he was shaking his head. I defer to my brother who says that this was Khan's subconscious letting him down.

:laugh: brilliant.

• Paid Members

Khan can say he wants Mathysse cause he probably knows his moving up in weight so it won't happen. He was meant to be fighting the winner of Lucas/Garcia in Dec but i think the Diaz fight as made him and Golden Boy decide it's time to move up. Devon Alexander is the supposed opponent now.

After Khan's fight against Diaz it seemed certain he would stay at 140lbs and fight for the titles in December against either Garcia/Judah/Mathysse/Peterson, whoever was left standing. Schaffer stoked it up a few weeks later by saying Khan could face Alexander in December at 147lbs for IBF title. Khan came out the other day and said he will fight at 147lbs in next fight, then Saturday night he comes out saying he may stay at 140lbs to face Mathysse. The guy needs to make up his mind. If i was him go up face Alexander, win the fight and then it's likely he gets Mayweather in May 14.

Mathysse/Garcia hopefully will happen this year and I think that be a great fight. Garcia didn't look too sure when the camera zoomed in on him afterwards, I can't blame him after watching the destruction caused by Mathysse who looked superb.

After Khan's fight against Diaz it seemed certain he would stay at 140lbs and fight for the titles in December against either Garcia/Judah/Mathysse/Peterson, whoever was left standing. Schaffer stoked it up a few weeks later by saying Khan could face Alexander in December at 147lbs for IBF title. Khan came out the other day and said he will fight at 147lbs in next fight, then Saturday night he comes out saying he may stay at 140lbs to face Mathysse. The guy needs to make up his mind. If i was him go up face Alexander, win the fight and then it's likely he gets Mayweather in May 14.

Mathysse/Garcia hopefully will happen this year and I think that be a great fight. Garcia didn't look too sure when the camera zoomed in on him afterwards, I can't blame him after watching the destruction caused by Mathysse who looked superb.

Yeah I'm sure I heard Khan say it was killing him trying to make 140 and that he's been told 147 is ideal for his body structure .

Hope he moves to 147 because I would really fear for him if he went on to face Mathysse.

Yeah I'm sure I heard Khan say it was killing him trying to make 140 and that he's been told 147 is ideal for his body structure .

Hope he moves to 147 because I would really fear for him if he went on to face Mathysse.

He was saying his natural weight is 151lbs, that he would never be knocked down at that weight and that he never has in sparring, even against Pacquiao. Most fighters don't fight at their natural weight, so I'm not sure what he was trying to get at bar make more excuses for himself. He needs to stay away from Mathysse, he isn't a slick enough boxer to keep away for 12 rounds from that power.

he does

Sad case, i see Mosley going down the Roy Jones route :(

Ebb, I'm not being funny here or anything, but do you actually know how to post a link that works? You're linking to nothing.

You did it on the previous page as well.

• Paid Members
Ebb, I'm not being funny here or anything, but do you actually know how to post a link that works? You're linking to nothing.

You did it on the previous page as well.

ahhh fuck, its cause im doing it on my Samsung tab, something's getting lost in the copy & paste movement.

Here's the link

SKY Sports' special sit down interview show 'Sporting Heroes' is back with Prince Naseem the guest this week.

Decent enough interview; doesn't really tell us anything new yet he still has the wee cheeky chappy swagger (although he's anything but a wee chap these days!) so it's entertaining none the less. Still making excuses for the Barrera fight however :sneaky:

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin