Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
I'd also like to remind everyone that the new issue of Boxing Monthly is out tomorrow, this is my favourite publication.

yeh ive been buying that for around 6 months now. I was torn between getting that or The Ring, but i went Boxing Monthly. I did buy Boxing News a few times but it seems a little pointless when you have the internet as it's basically a recap/preview magazine.

I want to get the other Boxing News specials though, where can i get them?

I still don't get why everyone dislikes Haye and thinks Klitschko is some sort of amazing boxer who could beat anyone, he looks a decidely average fighter who's been put on his arse more then once by average fighters. Even Manny Steward looks like he doesn't wanna be in his corner.

• Paid Members

I don't dislike Haye at all Lawz and I think he will win. Wlad has not had a fight against anyone likely to beat him in a long time, most of his recent opponents have been on a Fraudley Harrison level. Haye will have to KO him though, can't see him getting a close decision

I don't dislike Haye at all Lawz and I think he will win. Wlad has not had a fight against anyone likely to beat him in a long time, most of his recent opponents have been on a Fraudley Harrison level. Haye will have to KO him though, can't see him getting a close decision

I wholly disagree. Wlad has fought everybody there is to fight. Every top contender has crossed his path in the last seven years and he's beaten them all. He hasn't done what Vitali did and fight guys ranked 10-15, he fought guys 1-5. Problem is, he has fallen back on using what works. He has a jackhammer 1-2 and he nails guys with it and ties them up until they're virtually done and then knocks them out. If you think the division sucks and the boxers aren't as good as the Klitschkos then I agree but that doesn't mean he hasn't fought the very best of a bad bunch.

I still don't get why everyone dislikes Haye and thinks Klitschko is some sort of amazing boxer who could beat anyone, he looks a decidely average fighter who's been put on his arse more then once by average fighters. Even Manny Steward looks like he doesn't wanna be in his corner.

The general impression I get is that pretty much 90% of the people who post in this thread like Haye.

• Paid Members

The general impression I get is that pretty much 90% of the people who post in this thread like Haye.

Wladimir, in my opinion, is....well....to use a Michael Gomez line ; "A World-class fighter, with World-class vulnerabilities".

I just want to say to everyone, yes I am 'pro-Haye', but I have been since I attended an amateur show in which he took part in one of his last ever contests with the headguard on, so I definatley am not hopping on the wagon. But in evaluating this fight, I am still remaining impartial when it comes to analysing the contest and making predictions. Speaking of predictions, I will be making mine tomorrow, after the weigh-in. Until then, I will continue to do what I've done for the last few weeks and is something I do for all high-level fights; which is getting out my DVD career sets of the fighters involved, and studying them for the main factors which go into making the most informed predictions possible.

Ebb, here's a link where you can get the Boxing news specials....I highly recommend the 100 years of Boxing news and the Boxing news annual 2011, in particular. Well worth the few extra quid on the price tag. They are made to the highest standards, are very deep in terms of content quantity and they contain some of the best articles possible. The 100 years of Boxing news is the best of the best, it is basically a compilation of the best articles and moments since they began publication in 1910. The best

Edited by Taylorslade

• Paid Members

I wholly disagree. Wlad has fought everybody there is to fight. Every top contender has crossed his path in the last seven years and he's beaten them all. He hasn't done what Vitali did and fight guys ranked 10-15, he fought guys 1-5. Problem is, he has fallen back on using what works. He has a jackhammer 1-2 and he nails guys with it and ties them up until they're virtually done and then knocks them out. If you think the division sucks and the boxers aren't as good as the Klitschkos then I agree but that doesn't mean he hasn't fought the very best of a bad bunch.

The heavyweight division has been rubbish the past few years, Klitchkos aside, but if you have to claim you were drugged when you get beat by Lamon Brewster then you should really worry when you are fighting a live opponent like Haye

Wladimir, in my opinion, is....well....to use a Michael Gomez line ; "A World-class fighter, with World-class vulnerabilities".

I just want to say to everyone, yes I am 'pro-Haye', but I have been since I attended an amateur show in which he took part in one of his last ever contests with the headguard on, so I definatley am not hopping on the wagon. But in evaluating this fight, I am still remaining impartial when it comes to analysing the contest and making predictions. Speaking of predictions, I will be making mine tomorrow, after the weigh-in. Until then, I will continue to do what I've done for the last few weeks and is something I do for all high-level fights; which is getting out my DVD career sets of the fighters involved, and studying them for the main factors which go into making the most informed predictions possible.

Ebb, here's a link where you can get the Boxing news specials....I highly recommend the 100 years of Boxing news and the Boxing news annual 2011, in particular. Well worth the few extra quid on the price tag. They are made to the highest standards, are very deep in terms of content quantity and they contain some of the best articles possible. The 100 years of Boxing news is the best of the best, it is basically a compilation of the best articles and moments since they began publication in 1910. The best

I see this fight going one of two ways.

Either Haye comes out all guns blazing and catches Wlad cold, managing to put him down early, or the champion settles into his gameplan behind his jab and wears Haye down for a stoppage in the 2nd half of the fight.

I'm a bit torn, as on one hand I'm not a fan of Haye and don't believe he deserves a title shot (even if the division is shit and devoid of talent pretty much), but a win for him tomorrow will surely set up a "revenge" match for Vitali in what would be a real fucking barnburner and mega-money fight.

I seriously hope Wlad isnt allowed to jab and hold all fight as this would make for a huge letdown.

Anyway i've backed the boy haye to get the KO in rounds 1-7 and also put a couple of quid on a Haye decision @ 12/1. I know the judges will sway towards a Wlad decision in a closely contested fight however I believe Haye has the speed and skills to make the Ukrainian look bad enough to get the nod.

• Paid Members

i've been kind of swaying towards Wlad in the buildup, but i just re-watched Wladamir/Sanders from back in the day, i know Wlad's improved a lot since then but what that fight does show that if Haye can hurt Klitchsko he'll beat him, Haye's a good finisher and Wladamir just crumbled in the Sander's fight. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something similar.