Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Stunned he got that decision in Germany.

Same here. Surprised anyone got the decision, it had nil-nil written all over it!

Tedious fight but a sensible gameplan. I'm surprised it worked though because he threw sod all for the most part. He's the classier fighter though, should ensure better fights in the future.

Haye says his right hand was gubbed from the early rounds, and he may have broke it in the last round.

Not the best fight to watch but still had me hooked for the full 12 rounds. Last round was brilliant thought he had him.

Well chuffed he got the points win.

• Paid Members

Shocked that Haye won. When the first judge gave 114-114 I thought it was going to be a draw.

I think it gets tougher now though.. if he faces one of the Klitchko's it will be a whole different level to tonight. They can actually box and hit pretty fucking hard.

Well done to David Haye. We have a champion who we can be proud of. :thumbsup:

Another example of why MMA is overtaking boxing in virtually all aspects.

I thought neither guy deserved to win the fight, it was a total joke.

Watching it reminded me why I prefer to download the US version most times, as the commentary was pretty terrible as well.

You would think Haye had won the actual Heavyweight title that is held by Wladimir Klitschko the way Johnny Nelson and Ian Darke were going on.

Next up is John Ruiz apparently. Oh joy.

• Paid Members

probably the the most intriguing boring fight of all time. the fight held my attention for 12 rounds, despite there being very little action.

I was completely shocked that Haye took the decision, it was kinda hard to call because it depended on what you was scoring during the fight, bt the closeness meant i thought this was going to Valuev.

Boxing needed Haye to win. Valuev's purpose has been served, his size sold this fight despite the fact that hes the most boring fighter in history David Haye is going to be a superstar. He couldn't take out the Giant but he's still what boxing needs.

and on a side note, that 12th round where he rocked Valuev will go down as one of the best sporting moments of the year, fucking great.

Stunned he got that decision in Germany.

Same here. Surprised anyone got the decision, it had nil-nil written all over it!

It's not that surprising. Germany sometimes gets lumped in with Italy in terms of givers 'homers' but the reality has always been quite different and most of the time the judges tend to score the fight as fairly as you could expect to anywhere else in the world.

I thought Haye was ok, if I was fighting a seven foot tall lump of coal was slightly concerned about my chin if I stood and tried to get the knock out that's exactly how I would have fought him. It also has the added bonus of increasing his chances of getting a fight with Vitali, afterall there was nothing he showed on Saturyday that would scare him away was there?

I thought he did tremendously well, especially considering he broke his hand early on. I don't think anyone was expecting him to floor Valuev, but he came pretty close. Once he breezes through Ruiz (what is he still doing getting title shots?) I back him to beat whichever Klitchko he gets to fight first. He's a proper modern athlete like Lewis was, re-sculpting himself to fit the match conditions.