*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

Last years JCW Legends Royal Rumble from the Gathering feat Snuka, Doink, Ronnie Garvin etc. Worth watching just to see how hideously fucking awful it was. Commentary by Violent J & Corp Robinson

skip to 2:48:00

Jesus :(

Someone obviously watched the gimmick battle royal from WM17 and decided it was about 5 times too short. Snuka looks like a walking corpse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZxZ7v2ByjA...feature=related

A 20-Man Battle Royal from Shotgun in October 98 featuring the majority of the lower midcard, oh and the motherfucking Rock, who is fresh off his huge not-actually-a-face-turn face turn just after Summerslam when the bubbling under momentum with him was so exciting you get goosebumps just watching the crowd responses to him from this point. The pop he gets at Breakdown IYH is one of my favourites.

As with most like this, it's a nice roster snapshot from the time, but also interesting is Gorilla Monsoon on commentary, sticking up for Vince McMahon a bit as a WWF authority figure (he's still the "President") having strife with Steve Austin and thus effectively being a heel. I actually remember him being like this on the shows to when I think back to watching them, but I'd forgotten all about it. As it's been noted before too, Monsoon's voice against this period and cast of characters is an odd match indeed.

• Paid Members

Without even clicking on that, I remember it SO well. The Rock was super over on that show. Remember watching it before I went to the town with my Mam in 98. There was always a gem on Shotgun Challenge. The Hardy Boyz were awesome all the time on it. Before they were famous as well. You'd occassionally get Triple H vs Droz or the Outlaw vs two blokes.

It was such a brave move to turn the Rock at the Survivor Series, considering how the people took to him in late 98. More reason for why Survivor Series was the perfect show. It was bullet proof.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members

Also, Mauro Ranallo from Strikeforce doing the interview. Mauro was a cracking commentator for Stampede and Matrats. WWF even wanted him to commentate on WCW if they'd got a timeslot for them. Good to see he's made a good career for himself outside of the business. I loved his voice.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN