*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members
Knee strikes to the head could kill, the cuts from the glass are really only superficial injuries, save for the odd accidental slightly deeper gash. The throwing of the knees is worked, obviously. It’s a worked pro wrestling contest.

What if the glass got lodged in his throat? Or he got glassed in the face and it blinded him? And its a no DQ contest, not sanctioned in pro wrestling rules. If I was in a fight with no rules, I wouldnt be thinking "best German suplex him through glass instead of kneeing him in the head. That night hurt him". Death matches make very little sense anyway. It all looks set up with no drama.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
That’s my belief and I have no interest in arguing otherwise. You might not like matches that use glass, that’s completely understandable. for the most part, I do.

At the end of the day, I didn’t post it to debate the pros and cons of the promotion or the style. I enjoyed watching it, and I know there are others on this board that enjoy the style too. I decided to share it for those interested, not as some kind of provocation for those who don’t.

Who's asking you to argue? Your the one thats trying to justify it. I'm stating an opinion of the contrary. Thats allowed, last time I checked.

It’s a worked pro wrestling match though still. If I was in a worked match, regardless of the rules, I’d not be trying to kill or severely injure the opponent I was working with. I’m sure you’ve seen plenty of stipulation matches where normal pro wrestling moves are applied?

Why are they wrestling in glass then? If they were standup individuals, who respect each other so much they think about each others well being for using a legal (in the confinds of a work match) knee to the head, they wouldnt be wrestling each other in matches involving barbed wire, glass and fire. Wouldnt they not just roll around trying to get a three count and shake hands afterwards? Thats why gimmick matches used to be called the supreme court of professional wrestling. Because the problems between the two wrestlers got so bad, they had to settle there differences outside a gentlemanly manner. Its OK if you enjoy it, but trying to apply real life logic to a garbage match is daft.

Again, just stating an opinion which differs and disagrees with yours. If you dont want to argue, dont.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

If they were standup individuals, who respect each other so much they think about each others well being for using a legal (in the confinds of a work match) knee to the head, they wouldnt be wrestling each other in matches involving barbed wire, glass and fire.

Did you watch the video clip? There are a fair old few knee strikes thrown to the head, it comes across as quite a brutal match in my opinion. The original criticism was that the strikes looked like works and not legit blows to the skull. I must admit, from one camera angle you get to see one particular shot clearly hitting the canvas. That

few random clips.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYni9f03gPo...feature=related

maryse in ovw - very nice

2001 promo - vince, austin, kurt y2j, taker, kane

savage hogan break up vid - music from big clarence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uol17bEl8rw...feature=related

savage v troy martin

Edited by Mr Lawrence

• Paid Members

!

I must've watched from 1:48 to 1:58 dozens of times now. I'm still laughing at it.

Edit: Kudos to the TNA cast members one posted above me. Heard about that ages ago but never got around to searching for it.

Edited by Wretch