*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ5W06rDRdA

Regal vs Bryan from Superstars in Liverpool, featuring the return of HE'S A MAAAN, SUCH A MAAAAAAAAN.

:laugh: Awesome!!

hilarious. little things like that the wwe do not do enough of.

It's the smile on his face and the little chuckle that makes it so great.

• Paid Members

The contrast between JR and Regal is funny, though. Regal's a well respected, well liked member of the roster, who they feel is to old to be a regular character, so they show him the respect by allowing him to commentate, go down to FCW to help out the young talent (who all adore him) and let him wrestle his student while the commentary team has a mutual wankathon over him. They keep him around because they know he's put a shift in and has unlimited knowledge to pass on. Then there's JR, who they also feel is to old to be on TV, so they put him on TV anyway just to embarrass him for a big old laugh. Its how it should be as well.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
The contrast between JR and Regal is funny, though. Regal's a well respected, well liked member of the roster, who they feel is to old to be a regular character, so they show him the respect by allowing him to commentate, go down to FCW to help out the young talent (who all adore him) and let him wrestle his student while the commentary team has a mutual wankathon over him. They keep him around because they know he's put a shift in and has unlimited knowledge to pass on. Then there's JR, who they also feel is to old to be on TV, so they put him on TV anyway just to embarrass him for a big old laugh. Its how it should be as well.

The thing that always gets me is that although he looks beyond fantastic (really shows the benefits of a life without alcohol and drugs) Lawler is actually older than J.R

• Paid Members
In JR's defence a large part of that is down to his Bells Palsy. At least in the face.

I agree i'm not slating J.R I just mean that people always use the argument against him when Lawler is two years older. Iv'e always marveled how Lawler looks how he does and is in as great a shape as he is at 61 after years of bumping etc, if it wasn't for all the women he got though i'd imagine life could be quite boring at times with no alcohol etc.

• Paid Members

That was the whole point though. If the place had popped, it wouldnt have done much for the angle that they were trying to get over with Lawler and Cole. I remember people saying at the time it bombed, but the whole point of the angle was to show how big of a loser Lawler's son was and how Lawler had not wanted people to know he's his son. They got the desired response. I loved that angle, because he walked out doing all his old dance moves, looking like a older version of his former self and Cole was laughing along as Jerry Lawler was looking at him with disappointment on his face.