*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

Ex WWE and WWA wrestler Nathan Jones tries his hand at MMA at Pride 1

Can't watch the match cause i'm in work but if its the one im thinking off its a terrible worked MMA match

hard to tell if it was worked or if the pair of them were just that dam bad

• Paid Members

- the full length match for the NWA Heavyweight Championship.

I have to say it's a great match. Pearce is a superb old-school heel and, when he's not pissing around, Cabana is a cracking wrestler, and these two put on a match that really does make the belt feel like it means something again. A tremendous effort all round.

• Paid Members

I've often wondered about Pearce in WWE. As much as I'd like to see him there, I'm just not sure he would 'fit'. He wrestles a predominantly 'WWE style', and that's what that match mostly is too, but is he maybe a bit too old school to get over these days? Maybe it was the same reason why Cabana never quite got the rub of the green?

Having said that, he cuts a marvellous promo and can do serious as well as comedy matches. He was also the best thing during that CZW v ROH feud. He's a good bloke.

• Paid Members
I've often wondered about Pearce in WWE. As much as I'd like to see him there, I'm just not sure he would 'fit'. He wrestles a predominantly 'WWE style', and that's what that match mostly is too, but is he maybe a bit too old school to get over these days? Maybe it was the same reason why Cabana never quite got the rub of the green?

Having said that, he cuts a marvellous promo and can do serious as well as comedy matches. He was also the best thing during that CZW v ROH feud. He's a good bloke.

I'm not sure Pearce would want to go to WWE, I think he actually enjoys himself too much on the Indy scene, I know that's why he turned down a WCW contract all those years ago.

• Paid Members
I'm not sure Pearce would want to go to WWE, I think he actually enjoys himself too much on the Indy scene, I know that's why he turned down a WCW contract all those years ago.

That was a decade ago, though. When he was released by ROH, he said he was very open about signing with TNA or WWE. He's probably got a wife or girlfriend now. You need to make a living in wrestling.