The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

I really fancy Norwich to win away at Barnsley today - best price 2/1. We have no team, and always do shit against them.On a side note, did anyone see the article in the Racing Post yesterday? There have been more away wins than home wins in League 2 this season. If you were to blindly back every match to be an away win in that division, you'd be up

Edited by Max Power

• Paid Members

Then his 1200 nicker is up in smoke as Almeira won 1-0.

I really fancy Franchoek in the Triumph, I think the horse is made for McCoy.

I don't think McCoy will ride him, as although AP rides most of McManus's horses Robert Thornton is Alan King's stable jockey and it is McManus's first horse with King.

• Paid Members

I know you have family ties but my guess would be for the Arkle. Glencove Marina won as easy as you like in that race on sunday and considering Perce Rock was supposed to be the good thing you could see from a long way out what was going to win.

Fade To Grey has just won the 4.10 at Kempton at 8-1. It was 50-1 this morning. An owner, a trainer and a few stable lads will be having a pint tonight.Re: Franchoek - I didn't realise that it was JP's first horse with Alan King. Both Choc Thornton and Richard Johnson has won on it recently, so i'm not too bothered, as it seems a pretty versatile horse.I had a nibble on Imsingingthebluse for the Supreme Novices a bot back, but it now seems that Breedsbreeze is the Nicholls horse in that race. This is a pity, because i'm sure a strongly run 2miles would suit it to a tee, as it got outpaced a bit in a slowly run race last time out.I'll be keeping an eye on Glencove as well.On a side note, Norwich did the biz against us at the weekend. Wank, but 2-1 was cool.

I know you have family ties but my guess would be for the Arkle. Glencove Marina won as easy as you like in that race on sunday and considering Perce Rock was supposed to be the good thing you could see from a long way out what was going to win.

I'm guessing Arkle too, he will probably run in Leopardstown on the 27th (holds an entry along with Scotsirish), so it will be interesting to see how it goes. Perce Rock has some very shaky jumping (Casey was so lucky the ground was as soft as it was), but it was clearly beat before that.

• 5 weeks later...

was some great racing today .......should of been a cracking race if kauto and denman were head to head,letshope it still happens.....forget about kicking king after today i feelfrom racing post site....KAUTO STAR'S bid for a second Cheltenham Gold Cup success was the subject of an injury scare on Saturday night after he was found to be lame behind following an impressive success at Ascot. However trainer Paul Nicholls was not ruling his brilliant chaser out of the Gold Cup and will know more after Clive Smith's superstar is examined again by his vet Buffy Shirley-Beavan on Sunday morning. Nicholls had initially thought that the injurycould have been a sprained fetlock. However, he later reported that Ascot's senior vet Sven Kold had informed him that it was possible that an infection was developing in one of Kauto Star's feet. If that was the case the problem could begin to improve within the next few days. Kauto Star had hardened as favourite for the Gold Cup following his eight-length defeat of Monet's Garden in the Commercial First Chase but just after 6pm the eight-year-old was the subject of a sudden drift on betting exchange Betfair with stablemate Denman taking over as market leader. Earlier in the day it had seemed that only an act of God would prevent Nicholls winning the Totesport Cheltenham Gold Cup in 26 days time. The question racing had so badly wanted answering was with which of his two stars would he do it, and while Denman continues on the ascent, Kauto Star had showed that the final climb to chasing's summit would be extremely challenging with an emphatic triumph. Set a more competitive test than Denman faced in the Aon Chase, Kauto Star dismissed the top class Monet's Garden and Racing Demon, the performance convincing William Hill to cut the defending champion to 8-11 favourite from 10-11 and leave Denman at 7-4, but he remains available to back at Evens with Ladbrokes, Coral and Totesport. Nicholls said after the race: “I don't think I have ever been so nervous as I have been this week. I didn't even watch too much of it. “We wanted him to win like he did today. There was a lot notin his favour round here by racing right-handed and over a trip short of three miles but we can relax a little now and make sure everything goes right in the next month. “I think he is as well as he has ever been, if not better. He looks great, we've left plenty to work on again but he is probably a lot fitter than Denman because he is that type of horse. I have a month now to put him spot on. “It's always difficult to pick one. I have a certain amount of loyalty to him because he is the reigning champion but you could see on today's performance he is going to be very hard to beat. With those two horses unless anything goes wrong one of those two horses should win the Gold Cup on what we've seen. It's great to have two good chances that seem to beway above the rest of the opposition at this moment.” Monet's Garden is more likely to wait for the Grand National meeting, but third home Racing Demon is back in the Gold Cup picture.

Edited by cheetah69uk

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

These are mine for tomorrowSupreme NovicesMuirheadSentry DutyArkleThyne AgainLeslingtaylorChampion HurdleKatchit Catch MeWilliam HillAn AccordionKing HaraldCross CountryGarde ChampetreWonderkidFred WinterSquadron Western PointI am not as up on my Cheltenham this year as I have not been able to study much while I have been recovering.

Supreme NovicesMuirheadKhyber KimArkleNolandTidal BayChampion HurdleEbaziyanCatch MeWilliam HillAbragantePatsy HallCross CountryHead's on the GroundFred WinterSquadron Prince ErikBeen studying and watching for this years festival for the last 2 weeks. Lot of thought gone in for tomorrow so hopefully some profits can be made.

as ive been ill for the last week im behind on my Cheltenham studying as well...spent last few hours looking for tomorrow and have come up with this so far but will reduce it to 1 bet per race except champion hurdle after more reading in the racing post tomorrow morning.....Supreme NovicesTranquil SeaCork All StarRippling RingArkleThyne AgainMoon Over MiamiChampion HurdleKatchitHarchibaldWilliam HillL`amiAn AccordianMonkerhostinCross CountryRoyal AuclairLe DucFred WinterGrand SchlemZanir(been given an inside word on this BUT its

Edited by cheetah69uk