The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Cheers, i had Sheva and over 2.5 in the game but only a few pounds to make it interesting. Internationals are up there rivaling the Carling Cup as the easiest days in a bookies life.I almost choked on my lunch yesterday when my friends brought in the coupons and i looked at the Leeds game. 1/2 for essentially first against second in the league, regardless of whether it was at Elland Road i thought was crazily short odds.

Two Premiership bets that stand out this week:Blackburn to beat Reading (at home), and Man City to beat Birmingham (also at home). A double pays 2.75. Should ( :sneaky: ) both be home bankers.Not much else seems worth it. I avoid betting on away teams these days, so the rest of the home games dont look appealing to me. If you wanted to make that double a bit more tasty, Id add in Fulham to beat Derby. That said, Im not going to do that, as Fulham seem to have a habit of drawing games. Pompey at 6/4 seems OK, but theyre away, so no bet for me.On another point, Swansea seem like a decent shout in L1.

Edited by Dai

Nice bet, GIB. Was going to mention it last week but forgot.My double came in last week, as well. Pompey won, and Fulham didnt win, so it was a pretty sweet weekend.Onto this week:Sunderland at 2.1, at home, to beat Fulham seems a decent shout. These are the games Sunderland MUST win if they want to survive. 2.1 for a lower ranked side is putting me off, though. Birmingham also look a decent shout. Same problem as Sunderland, though. Lowly teams have must more of a chance of fucking up. Newcastle at 2.70 is also decent, but they are away, so will stay clear.Ive plumped for all three on a treble, which pays 9/1. Only chucking a fiver of last weeks winnings on it, though, as I think its pretty likely one of the teams will slip up. At 9/1 Ill take that gamble, though.

Westmead Aoifa in the William Hills St Leger. Currently 6/1 and I doubt you'll find anywhere near that price by the time the hare is running.

Now 11/4 fav with Betfair. I've already traded out of that one just to be safe.A few for today:Rimsky, 2.25 ChepstowHonor And Glory (E/W), 4.35 ChepstowBremen, 4.20 StratfordSunderland seem good value for a home win today, as does "Overs" in the Chelsea-Man City game for those that bet on that market.

• 2 weeks later...

Sky Bet 5x

Anyone any thoughts on City tonight?Haven't looked at the odds or anything yet though. I reckon City will win, but the following worry me into a no bet situation :A) Thumped 6-0 in last matchB) No Micah RichardsC) Haven't overly impressed me in their home wins (even though their home form is good)