DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

Saw An American Haunting today, wasn't expecting much and mainly watched it as Donald Sutherland (Hawkeye~) was starring in it. I still am just amazed at how bloody frightening the film was, some superb performances in this film, the fact that it's based on true events, gives the film an even scarier edge. Absolutely superb, go and see this, I guarantee it will make you jump! Especially the FUCKING WOLVES! Christ...

Also, saw some trailers for film's i'll probably be watching. Firstly, there was The Omen, I realise it's just another remake, but I love the fact this film will be coming out on 06/06/06, awesome.

Another trailer that got my interest was for Silent Hill, I've never played any of the games, but this film really looked spooky.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brotherhood

A great film, with a good story, great acting, good emotion throughout, and some great, interesting & fun characters. The movie is violent and very bloody, but is very entertaining with some great battle scenes and some good special effects. The film can be off-putting being long at 140-minutes, but it is very good and has a great & emotional ending. I am not usually a fan of war movies, but Brotherhood is a great film, and I would highly recommend it.

(****)

Saw (2-Disc Special Edition)

Still as great as I remember it being. Clever, with some great plot twists, an interesting story, and a great ending. There is a great audio commentary (as well as many other good extras) on the new release

Saw An American Haunting today, wasn't expecting much and mainly watched it as Donald Sutherland (Hawkeye~) was starring in it. I still am just amazed at how bloody frightening the film was, some superb performances in this film, the fact that it's based on true events, gives the film an even scarier edge. Absolutely superb, go and see this, I guarantee it will make you jump! Especially the FUCKING WOLVES! Christ...

Is it any better than Emily Rose?

Also, saw some trailers for film's i'll probably be watching. Firstly, there was The Omen, I realise it's just another remake, but I love the fact this film will be coming out on 06/06/06, awesome.

Is it not out the 9th June in the UK?
Haven't seen Emily Rose, so no idea! lol.As for the Omen thing, thats the date they put up in the trailer, so again, not really sure. I hope we get the 06/06/06 treatment though!

Is it any better than Emily Rose?

Is it not out the 9th June in the UK?
Haven't seen Emily Rose, so no idea! lol.As for the Omen thing, thats the date they put up in the trailer, so again, not really sure. I hope we get the 06/06/06 treatment though!
Is that "Curse Of The Omen" ? Because if it is,i saw a bit of the set when i went to Prague. It was at a television studio and it was like,part of the plane that's gonna be used in the movie. Real cool to be there and see it.

• Paid Members

I saw Hostel last night.Eli Roth definitely seems to be an aqquired taste. You either love him or hate him. I love him. I really enjoyed this movie, a great unique and fucked up concept and great delivery.

• Paid Members

Watched "True Identity" with Lenny Henry last night. I was expected this film to be crud when I heard Henry was doing an American accent all the way through. I was suprised that is was half-decent.5000000 people must have passed on it so Lenny Henry could get the main role, in an American film.***/*****

Crash - Been wanting to watch this for ages and i can say it really lived up to my expectations. (*****)Bewitched - After being a fan of the tv seies i wanted to see what this was like and to be honest it rubbish. There some funny/daft moments and the acting is good but the film its self it utterly shite. (**)

Hostel

I know it's been given mixed reviews, but I think Hostel is a great film. Although it is somewhat of a slow starter, the plot is developed well and effectively maintains interest. Once the torture and violence begins, it is unrelentingly twisted and gruesome. There are some incredibly horrific scenes that certainly leave an impression. Additionally, there is a strong psychological element to the film, which works perfectly alongside the extreme gore. I would recommend Hostel as it's much better than a lot of recent horrors. In fact, it seems reminiscent of some classic horrors...

King Kong (2005)

This film is tremendous. Many people have complained about its running time (approximately 3 hours), but I thought it was entertaining and engaging throughout; I enjoyed every minute of King Kong. I think Peter Jackson is an excellent director and that's evident by how brilliantly shot and perfectly crafted every scene is. King Kong successfully evokes a range of emotions. In addition to the drama and suspense, there a couple of funny moments and chilling scenes. The action sequences are perhaps the best, though, and they are visually spectacular. CGI is incorporated very well to produce a flawless result. Overall, the performances in King Kong are great, too, especially those of Jack Black and Naomi Watts.

Get Rich Or Die Tryin'

Although 50 Cent isn't my favourite rapper, I would definitely consider myself to be a fan. I was under the impression that those who panned this movie did so because 50 Cent himself is so hated. I actually expected Get Rich to be decent, but it was absolutely awful. So much of it was unnecessary and, quite frankly, boring. 50 is a terrible actor, but there some good performances from the likes of Terrence Howard and a few others...

Edited by Van_Dammer

Saw 2

I wasn't expecting much from this film, and so was pleasantly surprised. Although cliche'd at times, it leaves any warnings of over-the-top cliches in the first twenty minutes. The direction is good, as is the editing such as the transfer from one shot to another which is done so smoothly. The acting is good, not particularly strong, but the strength of the script and screenplay carrys them perfectly. Of course the gore and "fucked up" factor make the film as twisted and brillant as the first film (if not better, especially the pit of used needles), and the final twist in the film ensure that you are left thinking about it even after the DVD player has been switched off.

I give this film 4 potatoes out of a possible 5 potatoes.

HostelI know it's been given mixed reviews, but I think Hostel is a great film. Although it is somewhat of a slow starter, the plot is developed well and effectively maintains interest. Once the torture and violence begins, it is unrelentingly twisted and gruesome. There are some incredibly horrific scenes that certainly leave an impression. Additionally, there is a strong psychological element to the film, which works perfectly alongside the extreme gore. I would recommend Hostel as it's much better than a lot of recent horrors. In fact, it seems reminiscent of some classic horrors...King Kong (2005)This film is tremendous. Many people have complained about its running time (approximately 3 hours), but I thought it was entertaining and engaging throughout; I enjoyed every minute of King Kong. I think Peter Jackson is an excellent director and that's evident by how brilliantly shot and perfectly crafted every scene is. King Kong successfully evokes a range of emotions. In addition to the drama and suspense, there a couple of funny moments and chilling scenes. The action sequences are perhaps the best, though, and they are visually spectacular. CGI is incorporated very well to produce a flawless result. Overall, the performances in King Kong are great, too, especially those of Jack Black and Naomi Watts.

*brain explodes*

• Paid Members

BrotherhoodA great film, with a good story, great acting, good emotion throughout, and some great, interesting & fun characters. The movie is violent and very bloody, but is very entertaining with some great battle scenes and some good special effects. The film can be off-putting being long at 140-minutes, but it is very good and has a great & emotional ending. I am not usually a fan of war movies, but Brotherhood is a great film, and I would highly recommend it.(****)

***spoiler below***amazing movie...the end where it shows the brother crying at his dead siblings remains had me fucking bawling, very sad.

If only everyone else in the world thought Grosse Point Blank was the greatest movie ever made.;)

It's not that... it's just people calling Hostel "reminiscent of classic horror" and saying "the plot is developed well" is just so fucking wrong.And then going on to call King Kong a "tremendous film" .... gah!!!