DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

Watched Yes Man recently and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting it to be great for some reason even though I'm a huge Carrey fan, but it was hilarious in places and a heartwarming story. Plus I'd die for Zooey Deschanel, she's too cute.

Have you read the book?

I loved the book and I'm a bit apprehensive for watching this as I want it to be like the book but know it wont.

the film is not an adaptation of the book. it basically just takes the idea of saying yes to everything from it.

ive read the book and seen the film and nothing that happens in the book happens in the film.

Shame, to be honest I really think a straight adaptation would make a brilliant film in itself.

Damn Hollywood.

Might check this out though.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Best Steven Seagal film? What is your choice? Cheers!

Somebody has put a lot of Seagal's films in our local charity shop for some reason. I quite liked "Half Past Dead". "Marked for Death" is ok too. You?

Edited by bAzTNM

Anyone who picks anything other than Under Siege is a fool.

On topic: Go and see Star Trek, when the masses are allowed in. I saw a preview screening in Australia a couple of weeks ago and it rules. I had to sign a thingy saying I wouldn't tell people what happens in it, but I can say it finally makes Star Trek cool and even if you're not a Trek fan, as I'm not really, it's a great, fun movie..

• Paid Members

I must have had a mental blockage or something. Totally forgot about "Under Siege". Yeah, tremendous film. The second one is decent enough too.

"Nobody beats me in the kitchen".

Edited by bAzTNM

• Paid Members

Oh holy crap, so he was. Man that was a terrible movie. I watched that on Youtube in sync with Chuckles a while back, it was hilarious. That and the Bison compilations from Streetfighter The Movie. That "Tuesday" line gets me every time. Best thing about MK: Annihilation (amongst many highlihgts) was Sonia at the end fighting Ermac for no reason at all. Liu Kang fight's earth realm's arch-nemesis, Kitana fights here possessed mother in a battle for her soul, Jax fights the seemingly unstoppable general of Kahn's army because he has big fuck-off metal arms and he's stronger than a mere mortal. Sonia fights a palette-swapped red ninja because, well, why not? Yeah, screw you is why.

• Paid Members

On topic: Go and see Star Trek, when the masses are allowed in. I saw a preview screening in Australia a couple of weeks ago and it rules. I had to sign a thingy saying I wouldn't tell people what happens in it, but I can say it finally makes Star Trek cool and even if you're not a Trek fan, as I'm not really, it's a great, fun movie..

You know, I really hate you. You went to Australia to see behind the scenes of Superman Returns and now your telling us you've been back out in Australia and have seen the new Star Trek movie.

Your a bastard! :)

Edited by cdm316

oldboy.jpg

Just watched this for what must be the zilienth time, best movie of the last ten years by a mile

Ah yes, OldBoy. My favourite film. Thank you, Mr. Seven. :love:

Have you seen Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance, KingOfMetal? If not, chances are you'll love it. Much like OldBoy it can be watched a lot and still be as good as it was the first time around.

Not only is Pineapple Express shit, it features the incredibly unfunny Danny McBride. Ok, he does have the only good line in the film (the one JLM referenced), but apart from that he's godawful, and people need to stop hailing him as a new comic great. His HBO tv show is fucking gash too.

Edited by Mr. Seven

• Paid Members
His HBO tv show is fucking gash too.

Eastbound and Down...gash? You're insane.

I havent seen Pineapple Express. I'm an Apatow fan but I thought it just looked stupid. Eastbound and Down is a great show. If I wasnt so lazy I would have done a write up for it in the TV I'm watching thread. Your average tv pilot is ropey and mediocre but I laughed out loud numerous times during the E & D pilot. Its a great show.

oldboy.jpg

Just watched this for what must be the zilienth time, best movie of the last ten years by a mile

Ah yes, OldBoy. My favourite film. Thank you, Mr. Seven. :love:

Have you seen Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance, KingOfMetal? If not, chances are you'll love it. Much like OldBoy it can be watched a lot and still be as good as it was the first time around.

I have indeed. I've Park Chan-Wook's Vengenance Trilogy on DVD (not the boxset, just standalone DVD's). All three are brilliant films, but Oldboy is the cream of the bunch. Great story (reading the manga now), shoot fantastically, brilliantly acted, awesome score (get that on CD if you can, i listen to it at least once a week!)

Have you seen a lot of Korean films? Aside from the Vengeance Trilogy I've only seen JSA, Shiri, Brotherhood and A Tale Of Two Sisters. I want to see a lot more, though. I've been meaning to check out Memories Of Murder for a while now.