DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members
Just for fun, my order would be, from best to worst;

Dream Warriors, original, New Nightmare, Freddy's Revenge, The Dream Master, Dream Child then Freddy's Dead. It's been a while since I've watched any of them, but I always have a hard time actually remembering what happened in parts 4, 5 and 6. Might watch them all again soon to see if the list changes at all.

Part three is my favourite by a long way. It was actually the first one i saw and at the time i was petrified but morbid curiousity and all that worked my way through them over time.

Exactly the same as me. Good stuff. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

"Freddy's Dead" was too jokey to be a good horror, I thought. Not very good at all.

Edited by bAzTNM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

I'm not a fan of any of the Nightmare films except for number 3. I don't even like the original movie but Dream Warriors is a fucking brilliant film. It also has the best and creepiest use of a quote at the beginning of any movie ever.

Definitely agree on 3 being the best. Obviously the first is iconic as it was the start of one of the most frightening horror characters of all time. I remember a few years ago I had a nightmare I was being chased by Freddy in one of his freaky dream settings which I woke up in just as he was about to finish me off.

The thing that freaked me out the most was it felt so real and I didn't sleep for about 2 days after that nightmare, and even today still frightens me a little.

Is Freddy real?

Platoon (In *stunning* HD)

I haven't seen this film for about 5 or 6 years or so. Watched it last night on my new shiny Sky+HD and was transfixed. Amazing story, really good characters all the way through, however Sky Upscale stuff to HD they are doing a fantastic job you could see all the pits/marks on the faces of the men.

Couple of things I noticed were some subtle edits to 'tone down' some of the more violent scenes (come on, it was 2am!) and noticed some of the cinematography in the film itself were lacking (don't like the 'cut to blank forest/explosion/cut back to crew reacting to said explosion) saying that the film is an incredible piece of work that still really holds up today, the village part is sickening and really emotional, and Elias is one of the most bad ass characters in movie history.

Throughly recommended. But see if there's a Blu Ray available for your PS3's!

• Paid Members

While we're on listing horror sequels in order of preference (entering geek mode):

A Nightmare On Elm Street: 3, 1, 7, 2, 4, 5, 6.

Friday The 13th: 6, 4, 7, 2, 3, 1, 9, 10, 8, 5.

Halloween: 1, 2, 7, 4, 3, 5, 6, 8.

Hellraiser: 1, 2, 3, 5, 4 (not seen 6-8).

Child's Play: 1, 2, 4, 3, 5.

Puppet Master: 3, 1, 2, 6, 4, 5, 7, 8.

Leprechaun: 1, 2, 3, 6, 5, 4.

• Paid Members

I'd rather be turned into a cenobite myself than watch anything beyond Hellraiser 2 again. He shoots CDs at people. Compact discs. Rubbish.

All 8 puppet master films in order of preference though. Kudos to you.

While we're on listing horror sequels in order of preference (entering geek mode):

A Nightmare On Elm Street: 3, 1, 7, 2, 4, 5, 6.

Friday The 13th: 6, 4, 7, 2, 3, 1, 9, 10, 8, 5.

Halloween: 1, 2, 7, 4, 3, 5, 6, 8.

Hellraiser: 1, 2, 3, 5, 4 (not seen 6-8).

Child's Play: 1, 2, 4, 3, 5.

Puppet Master: 3, 1, 2, 6, 4, 5, 7, 8.

Leprechaun: 1, 2, 3, 6, 5, 4.

Here's mine:

Friday the 13th: 7, 4 (Crispin Glover dancing ftw!), 2, 1, 8, 3, 6. 5, 9 and 10 are equally bad, still not seen the remake.

Halloween: 1, 2, 4, 3 (criminally underrated), 6, 7, 5, 8. I actually enjoy watching all those though, even Resurrection has it's moments. The Rob Zombie remake is the worst of the bunch and also one of the worst films in recent memory.

Hellraiser: 1, 3, 2, 4 (Not seen the others)

Child's Play: 2, 1, 3, 4, 5.

Puppet Master: 1, 2... not seen the others :blush:

Leprechaun: Only seen the original, the 'Hood' one and the 'Space' one. And all three were terrible, although they were hilarious in parts.

A few others:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: 2, 1, The Beginning, Remake, 3, 4. Man, 4 was bad.

... Of The Dead: Dawn, Dawn remake, Night, Day, Land. Not seen Diary. Night of the Living Dead and Day of the Dead are interchangeable.

Poltergeist: 1, 2, 3.

Phantasm: 1, 3, 2, 4... not seen 5.

Sleepaway Camp: 1, 2, 3. Still waiting for Return To Sleepaway Camp :angry:

Anyway, I'll stop now.

• Paid Members

Watched Slumdog Millionaire today and I have to say it is probably the best film i've seen in years. I don't see what all the "feelgood film" stuff was about though, as apart from one part it really isn't feel good. I'm not really that good at going into lots of detail, but I do urge everyone who hasn't seen it to go see it. Brilliant film.

I watched the shawshank redemption..immense film really immense.

Really, really immense?

I've still got New Nightmare to sit through and then Hellraiser or the original Dawn of the Dead to follow, but I took a break from this glutton de horror to watch Enchanted which I'm not afraid to admit I loved. Probably the best Disney film since Toy Story 2!

saw the wrestler last night rourke was robbed off what should have been his oscar!

What did you think of Milk?

I know you didn't ask me, but have to answer that Milk is a truly amazing film and I would have chosen Penn over Rourke to win the award.

Edited by Steveo2007