DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

I saw 'Notorious' at the cinema last night.

Overall I enjoyed it, it was interesting and I thought most of the lead performances were very good too. As I often do, I went over to IMDB after seeing it, and was surprised to see people slating the performances of almost everyone except the guy who played Puffy. I came out thinking the guy who played 2Pac had his mannerisms and style pretty much spot-on.

Though I realise it was a 90 minute film about the guy's whole life, I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more about the East Coast/West Coast rivallry.

It was simplified to the point that 2Pac & Biggie were mates, then 2Pac got shot and waged war on Bad Boy records, and all the while Biggie never wanted them to fight and just wanted everyone to be friends. Whereas my mate said to me: "2pac seemed to be out of order after all", I mentioned the fact that we only saw one side of that story.

Good film.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started working my way through the Friday the 13th boxset last night. Ah, how I love cheesey slasher films. I'm having great fun interacting with the film. Everytime someone calls after the person who was just killed I reply (in the style of the southern KFC worker in Family Guy) 'He dead!' and when they call again I reply 'I say you, he dead'. If I had people round it'd work so well as a drinking game!

• Paid Members
I started working my way through the Friday the 13th boxset last night. Ah, how I love cheesey slasher films. I'm having great fun interacting with the film. Everytime someone calls after the person who was just killed I reply (in the style of the southern KFC worker in Family Guy) 'He dead!' and when they call again I reply 'I say you, he dead'. If I had people round it'd work so well as a drinking game!

I always thought that the "Jason Takes Manhattan" one was the worst one. You got to that one yet, brah?

Cool original cover though..

51498AEEFWL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Edited by bAzTNM

• Paid Members

Friday The 13th Chapter 5: A New Beginning (or as i call it "the Scooby Doo one) is easily the best. I've never laughed so hard during a movie. I love all the Fridays and there cheesy over the top characters, horrible dialogue and stupid kills. The only ones I don't like are Jason Goes To Hell and Jason X. They fucked with the formula too much.

Jason Takes Manhattan is terrible but also really funny. The poster is the ultimate advertising lie. Jason is only actually in Manhattan for about 10 minutes (and I think only one of those shots actually is Manhattan, I'm pretty sure the rest is either on a studio set or in Vancouver) and the ending makes no fucking sense.

Friday The 13th Chapter 5: A New Beginning (or as i call it "the Scooby Doo one) is easily the best. I've never laughed so hard during a movie. I love all the Fridays and there cheesy over the top characters, horrible dialogue and stupid kills. The only ones I don't like are Jason Goes To Hell and Jason X. They fucked with the formula too much.

Jason Takes Manhattan is terrible but also really funny. The poster is the ultimate advertising lie. Jason is only actually in Manhattan for about 10 minutes (and I think only one of those shots actually is Manhattan, I'm pretty sure the rest is either on a studio set or in Vancouver) and the ending makes no fucking sense.

The design of Jason in Jason Goes To Hell is awesome , I just love how his mask has fused with his head in that film

jasonGoesToHell.gif

Zombie Jason from parts 6 and 7 are my top favourites.

JasonVoorheesinFridayThe13thPart7.jpg

Film wise 6 and 7 are my favourite films of the series Jason Goes To Hell is utter tosh as is part 5, Jason x should get a mention as it was decent but I dont like Uber Jason.

The new film is good you should go see it man.

Edited by Kueller

I've only done the first three, so Jason has just got his hockey mask. However due to the studio switch after 8 the set I have only goes that far. I do have a rip some where of jason goes to hell which I'll probably watch after though! Whats the new remake like then? It's obviously not a remake of Friday the 13th as Jason wasn't even in that (well barely anyway), so is it a remake of one of the others, or just a kind of hotchpotch of the earlier ones thrown together?

Next up, the hillariously title 'Friday the 13th: the final chapter". Rule of naming horror sequels rule 1: never say in the name that its the final sequel.

Edited by KFR42

I've only done the first three, so Jason has just got his hockey mask. However due to the studio switch after 8 the set I have only goes that far. I do have a rip some where of jason goes to hell which I'll probably watch after though! Whats the new remake like then? It's obviously not a remake of Friday the 13th as Jason wasn't even in that (well barely anyway), so is it a remake of one of the others, or just a kind of hotchpotch of the earlier ones thrown together?

Next up, the hillariously title 'Friday the 13th: the final chapter". Rule of naming horror sequels rule 1: never say in the name that its the final sequel.

Apparently the remake is a compilation of the first 4 movies to start off, then tells its own story.

It's not so much a remake, more a retelling.

Apparently the remake is a compilation of the first 4 movies to start off, then tells its own story.

It's not so much a remake, more a retelling.

Yep, Its really good too. I reviewed it a few pages back

• Paid Members

I always thought that the "Jason Takes Manhattan" one was the worst one. You got to that one yet, brah?

Cool original cover though..

51498AEEFWL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

that's one of the worst covers ever.