DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

Thought I'd enjoy Tropic Thunder and be disappointed in Step Brothers, however the opposite happened. For me, Tropic Thunder suffered due having the funniest parts in the trailer, in addition to an effortless ending.As mindless as Step Brothers was, I loved it. Sure, the story is as far-fetched as it gets, but it made me laugh a number of times and the fight scene was juvenile brilliance.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

i'm a Cage fan, the guy definatly needs to be abit more careful with his choices though. He's been in some shitty films. The early part of his career is pretty interesting, i think most people only link Cage to the films he's been in in recent years, but if you go back and watch some of his older stuff, it's pretty f'n good.

I rented out Lord Of War over the weekend, really enjoyed it.

How do you rate Nic Cage as an actor?
I'm a big Cage fan, stuff like Face Off and Con Air are some of my favourite films. I can understand people not liking him though, and Lord Of War isnt going to make you like him if you previously didnt.

Klown, i don't understand why you keep watching films it's pretty much guaranteed you ain't gonna like.whats the point?

Usually download about 5 or 6 divx movies a week to burn onto DVD and just watch lying in bed, really is a case of what's the latest ones up, or what recent ones have a dvd rip of them up. Sadly cant keep up with buying original movies at the moment (750+ original mean lack of space as well) End of the day, its a case of nothing lost really :) Plus its cool if I find a film that I enjoy, but previously had it down as something I didnt think I would, which happened when I watched one of the next two films.Also just recently watched (and enjoyed :) )Kenny - Quirky little mockumentary, really enjoyed it, moves along at a nice pace and some of the one liners are tremendous, best two been "He's about as much use as a one armed brick layer in Baghdad" and "theres a stench down here that will outlast religion" Think this will go onto achieve cult status, and as far as mockumentaries go, at least its a damn sight better than Best In Show.Chicken Little - really didnt hold out much for this one, but it turned out to be a lot of fun, sure its a kids movie, but when you find yourself chuckling the whole way through it, that cant be a bad thing. Fish Out Of Water was an awesome character, and fully deserves his own movie :laugh: Defiantly one I would pick up on the cheap (or cheep... boom boom) to re-watch.Garfield Gets Real - Think I stuck this on the Sky box one night when drunk, but ya know, I think I'm one of the few that enjoyed the first Garfield movie, with this one, obviously its a CG movie...but my god, its awful. For some reason it was one of those films I wanted to stick with, it was short and well...there was nothing else on. Unfortunatly it has no redeeming features and is just a steaming pile of shite. Few films on the Sky+ box, that I'll probably catch up on tonight, mainly, White Noise, Vacancy, Chuck and Larry and another one I cant for the life of me remember, but it premiered on Saturday night. Edited by klown

Lord of War is poop. The film is spanned over a 20 year period, yet none of the characters age a day. Nic Cage's character should have been in his 60's & the brother should have been in his 40's by the end of the film and still looked 40 & 20 respectively. The parents should have been in their 80's but still looked in their 60's. Oh and the story was shit too. And I hate Nic Cage. Oooh, lets act all crazy and talk loud and stuff. Cunt!

• Paid Members

Lord of War is poop. The film is spanned over a 20 year period, yet none of the characters age a day. Nic Cage's character should have been in his 60's & the brother should have been in his 40's by the end of the film and still looked 40 & 20 respectively. The parents should have been in their 80's but still looked in their 60's. Oh and the story was shit too. And I hate Nic Cage. Oooh, lets act all crazy and talk loud and stuff. Cunt!

• Paid Members

I agree that Nic Cage needs to either fire his agent or be a bit more selective. I enjoyed Lord of War but I loved Adaptation & Leaving Las Vegas. Face-Off, The Rock & Con Air were good fun but 'Bangkok Dangerous' looks absolutley awful. Someone give him a decent dramatic role & soon.

I lied when I said I was going to try and end my run of shit films, ended up watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall...Really must try harder

Haha I went to the cinema to see that. Can't say it's the worst film I've seen... but then nowhere near the radar of what I'd call a good movie.