DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just watched 21. The good thing about the way it builds is that you can see so many ways that the whole thing can fall down on it's arse. Because of that, this movie manages to keep the interest for the majority of the movie. Kevin Spacey is pretty good, since he never really has to go away from his norm. The climax is unfortunately very predictable after a certain point. If I hear the phrase "Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner" one more time, I might hit the person that says it. It's an entertaining movie.

Instead of throwing away time on The Butterfly Effect, why not watch an all time classic that you may not have seen. For example, have you seen The Third Man?

Or, do throw away your time on the butterfly effect and realise that its actually a very good film, then watch that afterwards.A film like the butterfly effect you need to watch yourself. Everyone has an opinion on it so you may like it or you may not but its worth finding out yourself. I think if Mr Seven had his way no one would be allowed to watch any film that he didn't like.Obviously, if your the type who watches a movie with a movie viewer mentalility, then don't bother. Edited by KFR42

Instead of throwing away time on The Butterfly Effect, why not watch an all time classic that you may not have seen. For example, have you seen The Third Man?

Or, do throw away your time on the butterfly effect and realise that its actually a very good film, then watch that afterwards.A film like the butterfly effect you need to watch yourself. Everyone has an opinion on it so you may like it or you may not but its worth finding out yourself. I think if Mr Seven had his way no one would be allowed to watch any film that he didn't like.Obviously, if your the type who watches a movie with a movie viewer mentalility, then don't bother.
I actually start to feel sorry for the guy that he is stuck in this mode in which he can't enjoy stuff. Yes some people are easily amused by movies that he thinks are dumb, but that just means they are living a much happier life.That's the way I see it. Edited by Tequila_Boy

Premieres on this evening on Sky Premiere..Death Sentence (I like the sound of this one)Reno 911!: MiamiWhat are your thoughts on these movies? Thank you.

Death Sentence is a really good revenge film, definitely worth watching. Kevin Bacon gets all 'Jodie Foster' on some gang members :DReno 911 Miami - tremendous! Semi improvised spoof of COPS style shows with the most incompetent police officers you can imagine. Quote: "If being a cop was easy, wouldn't we be good at it? Think about that." The Rock has a great cameo appearance in it too but don't watch it if you don't like silly comedy. Couple of clips -
**Speaking of silly comedy, I don't normally like Adam Sandler films but Zohan is really funny with some ridiculous scenes (first time he washes a client's hair, sexing his friend's mum, The Fonz being sick). Good stuff!I agree with everyone else's thoughts about The Promotion, it was too low key to be a comedy. It would have been better if Riley had been obnoxious.. Edited by Metallica

• Paid Members

I HATED Death Sentence. I'm going to give it another chance at some point during the week, because I like Kevin Bacon and I normally like those types of movies.

I didn't hate it but it is crap. Its starts off promising then slowly goes more and more down hill until you don't give a crap about any of it.On the subject of Don't Mess with Zohan is does have some really funny bits and I do like the comedy action etc but its just FAR to much cheap racism for me to forgive it. Although It did nearly bring me round with the cat in the living room scene.