DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

Guest split_decision

I saw Red Eye at the flicks and it was truly horrendous. I would love to, just once, see a film where you didnt know EXACTLY what was going to happen next. Films today are bullshit, the dialogue is deplorable. Give me the Maltese Falcon anyday

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Red Eye at the flicks and it was truly horrendous.

I actually didn't mind Red Eye. Even though it was pretty predictable at times it was still very entertaining - far too short though!

Having noticed it in Mr. Sevens' sig, this morning i decided to watch Fight Club.I was expecting a testosterone-fuelled, gratuitously voilent, "Lads" movie.I was wrong.I really enjoyed it, & "the twist", oh my god!THAT i didn't see coming!

Excellent. I'm glad you liked, it's my favourite film of all time. A lot of people think it's just as you said, a "testosterone-fuelled, gratuitously voilent, "Lads" movie", but it really is so much more.I reccommend you read the book too. It's only about 200 pages and there's a few interesting differences from the film in it too.
Yes, i bought it today, Untill i saw the film i didn't realise it was written by Chuck Palahniuk, i have read his book survivor. :)

I saw Red Eye at the flicks and it was truly horrendous.

Saw it at the cinema last night, we wanted to see Wolf Creek, but we couldn't get in with it being an Eighteen. :( I enjoyed Red Eye, with it being Wes Craven i was expecting a slasher movie, but it was nothing like that.I found it pretty suspensful, not too long & very entertaining, Jackson was a very cool bad guy, i liked the way he stopped becoming a charming gentleman, and became a creepy psycho.Good film: Eight out of Ten. :)

• Paid Members

Went to see The longest Yard the other day, Surprisingly good, a few nods to the original and even though i hate to say it, Kevin Nash MADE the film, he was awesome in it. pure popcorn cinema.Also saw Ong Bak the other day, nice to see a martial arts film that isn't all kung fu or generic kicking. It truely is a Tai boxing film and its great. Tony Jaa is unbelivable in it and hais to be seen to be believed.I just re-watched Raging Bull as well - nuff said!

And I see youre on the Million Dollar Baby band Wagon too. It aint that great

Sod bandwagons.Million Dollar Baby is one of the best films I've seen in ages. Really provoked the old emotions, I guess if you didn't have any you wouldn't enjoy it.I agree Batman begins was okay for a superhero film, for me it ranks way above hulk and well below spiderman.

i didn't realise it was written by Chuck Palahniuk, i have read his book survivor.

I hated Survivor. After 30 pages I was like "Ok I get the fucking point, stop repeating yourself." Choke, Fight Club and Lullaby are much better.Back on topic, I saw Cinderella Man last night. I thought it was excellent, although a tad maudlin and ostentatious in places. I could also do without the talentless eskimo faced cunt that is Renee "Oh look I'm in ANOTHER Miramax film, wonder why eh?!" Zellweger. She irritated the piss out of me. But Crowe was awesome, Paul Giamatti was his usual fantastic self and the fight scenes were magnificent. Check it out.

• Awards Moderator

I've been on a Sky Movies BINGE~ recently, trying squeeze out my money's worth.Troy: A lot of fun, a great story told very badly. I read Iliad and Odyssey at school and have been dying to see a great representation. Some good performances but awful editing. Nearly a great film.Glengarry Glen Ross: I've heard great things, I taped it but halfway through my Sky box turneditself off JUST SO I COULD HAVE FUCKING CLOUDS IN THE BACKGROUND OF MY MENU. Bah. I'll catch it next time.Sin City: Stylistically fascinating (I've never read the comic) but emotionally void with nothing underneath. Entertaining and even amusing but not something I'd watch again.

Guest split_decision

watched "The Descent" last night and after reading the synopsis was expecting a pile of crap but it turned out to be a decent flick. Suspense, Gore and shocks aplenty. The best horror film I've seen in a while (but with things like Jeepers Creepers and Wrong Turn it didnt have much to beat.

• Paid Members

Glengarry Glen Ross: I've heard great things, I taped it but halfway through my Sky box turneditself off JUST SO I COULD HAVE FUCKING CLOUDS IN THE BACKGROUND OF MY MENU. Bah. I'll catch it next time.

awesome movie.

Saw it at the cinema last night, we wanted to see Wolf Creek, but we couldn't get in with it being an Eighteen. :(

You didn't miss much! I went to see Wolf Creek today and it is poor(very disappointing given the number of positive reviews going around). Outside of the last 15-minutes(where there is actually some action) it is boring and very slow. The acting is passable, as is the story, but it just takes too long to get going, and nothing happens until the last 15-minutes! I have seen comparisons to Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but TCM is so much better. Wrong Turn is better. It is probably one of the worst films I have seen this year!