DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

I watched Wall.E earlier and for 30 to 40 minutes I was five years old again, completely rapt by what I was seeing onscreen. And then the setting changed and it became sterile and lost all wonder. A real shame, because it is a good film and all, but it was very close to be something truly special.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw This England- good, grim British film, surprised it's on telly when it's barely 2 years old.

I'm not sure how accurate they were with the lads wearing their Ben Shermans with the top button done up. When I was into skinhead stuff I never knew anyone doing the top button up, but that seems to fashionable very recently with mod inspired trends.

Channel 4 are showing their own films the next couple of nights. Tonight - Brick Lane and then The Joe Strummer story(not actual title).

Edited by Dynamite Duane

Dave Gormans Googlewhack Adventure - better than I remember it, one of the routines I could watch over and over again... and refreshing showing it to someone who had never seen him before.

Throw Momma Off the Train - I hadn't seen this film for years and forgot how funny it was. I got in in a three pack with Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and City Slickers, which was another I hadn't watched for years and probably appreciate it now more than I had when I was younger.

Now I'm just waiting on my DS9 DVD.

• Paid Members

Last night I watched Taken, and enjoyed it very much.

In a nutshell, Liam Neeson's daughter gets kidnapped to be sold into prostitution. Neeson, however, is ex-miltary/special forces and a bit of a hard bastard.

Fair enough, the plot goes pretty much where you think it will. It's essentially a Steven Seagal movie, but whereas Seagal likes to make things look effortless and tends to come over as a bit smug, Neeson just comes across as a man handy at dishing out pain.

With Seagal you have to fear his legit skills. With Neeson, not only does he have the skills, but he's also really pissed off.

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Neeson, ever since Darkman, and it's also got Famke Jansen in it, who needs fucking.

• Paid Members
I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Neeson, ever since Darkman, and it's also got Famke Jansen in it, who needs fucking.

Darkman is fucking ace, i need to see that again shortly!

Agreed. It's always on, during the night, somewhere on the Sky Movie Channels.

Edited by bAzTNM

Watching The Incredibles again in glorious,glorious HD, my orginal main gripe with that film still stands, it really does go on around 30 mins too long. Still, a decent film, that looks so,so,sooooo good in HD and also sounds impressive.