DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So has nobody else seen The Assassination Of Jesse James?

No where was showing it round me. I might try to see if the Phoenix in Oxford are still showing it and make the trip.

Has anyone seen Ghost Rider with Nicholas Cage? I've not seen it and was wondering if it's any good? He seems an odd choice for the role.

I saw this on a flight. In any other circumstances I would have left. Add this to the list of appaling Cage films which almost shadow his excellent stuff.I've had a think and I've decided on my top films of 2007. Normally I would list 10, but I honest can't think of 10 films that I saw last year which really had an effect on me.Yes, it's in order of what I think is best.1. A Guide To Recoqnising Your Saints.2. The Lives Of Others.3. Eastern Promises.4. This Is England.5. Zodiac.Films there were good but not worthy of the list:The Darjeling LimitedHot FuzzReign Over MeSunshineFilms that might have made it on the list had I seen them:Bourne UltimatiumAssination Of Jesse JamesThe shits of 2007 (not cause they were so terrible but because they were nose dived below my expectations of them):GrindhouseAmerican GangsterI Am Legend

So has nobody else seen The Assassination Of Jesse James?

No where was showing it round me. I might try to see if the Phoenix in Oxford are still showing it and make the trip.

Has anyone seen Ghost Rider with Nicholas Cage? I've not seen it and was wondering if it's any good? He seems an odd choice for the role.

I saw this on a flight. In any other circumstances I would have left. Add this to the list of appaling Cage films which almost shadow his excellent stuff.I've had a think and I've decided on my top films of 2007. Normally I would list 10, but I honest can't think of 10 films that I saw last year which really had an effect on me.Yes, it's in order of what I think is best.1. A Guide To Recoqnising Your Saints.2. The Lives Of Others.3. Eastern Promises.4. This Is England.5. Zodiac.Films there were good but not worthy of the list:The Darjeling LimitedHot FuzzReign Over MeSunshineFilms that might have made it on the list had I seen them:Bourne UltimatiumAssination Of Jesse JamesThe shits of 2007 (not cause they were so terrible but because they were nose dived below my expectations of them):GrindhouseAmerican GangsterI Am Legend
I've not seen many of his films but have seen Con Air and really enjoyed and it is a film I'd watch again as it was so entertaining with great action and characters.I've been watching more film this past year and a little less wrestling and have got into Kung Fu movies in a big way.Here's some of my fave films I've watched in the past year, not all the very lastest films but what I've seen and enjoyed:Man on the moonDavinci CodeSuperman ReturnsV For VendettaFearlessTai Chi Master (Twin Warriors)LegendHeroHouse of Flying DaggersKung Fu HustleShaolin SoccerThe MatrixBoratMean GirlsBlowAnother really good film I saw which was on telly but I can't remember the name of it, is where someone kept on dieing then coming back to life and changing time, the idea is to stop the friends killing each other and turning bad. If it rings a bell let me know me what it's? Although that description is probably a bit vague lol Edited by Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

over the weekend i watched This Is England and Rocky Balboa, both of which i thought were excellent.

I think "Rocky Balboa" is getting its premiere on Sky, this Saturday, I think. Its either this Saturday, or next Saturday.

I watched Gus Van Sant's newest film 'Paranoid Park' today, I went to see it with quite high expectations as Total Film have been hyping it for a couple of issues now and I was not disappointed with the film at all. It completely breaks all of the "rules" of cinematography and is the best film i've seen in a long while.