WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

Guest Lord Farrington

Im a happy X-Box owner and am currently playing on Doom 3 (special ed, mind). Good game, not ground-breaking but above average. Have also just pre-ordered the new Champ Manager (6?) in time for the end of the real footie season. Looking forward to seeing what the new fellas in charge have made of the old gem.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats with the quietness of Resi Evil 4? Its a pretty big franchise, and by all accounts the game is meant to rule, yet hardly anyone is playing it. Is it because its on GC?Going to pick it up after my exams are done, along with the new Splinter Cell.

Guest Tidus

Not played anything for a while because of coursework and wont have time until after exams, but I have Star Ocean and Disgaea (PS2 RPGs) waiting for me when summer hols start. Mind you, I've been slowly working on Star Ocean since November and I'm still not that far through..

Silent Hill 4

I bought this game the ifirst day it came out and was so looking forward to play it. Then didn't bother to finish it. It was bloody hard and something was lacking from other Silent Hill's. Began the game again the other day in 'easy' and enjoying it a bit more. The story sucks you in, the controls and combat are pretty good for a survivial horror game but I think the environments and awful sound effects take away alot from it. Sound is one of the defining characteristics of a Silent Hill game so when you hit a nurse and it bloody burps in your face all sense of fear flies out the window. The least scariest of the series though the

SPOILER
Posessed Room is very creepy

Medievil 1 and 2

Seeing Medievil on a PSP trailer made me nostalgic so bought these two for cheap on eBay. Probably one of the best platform game series on the PlayStation, a real pity it didn't coem to PS2. Challenging and very funny.

• Paid Members

I'm only an occassional gamer, so I'm currently working my way through Grand Theft Auto 3. I didn't get a PS2 until way after GTA-Vice City was released so I'm playing catch up.On the X-Box, I'm mostly alternating between Raw 2 and Bally Midway Arcade Classics (Tapper~~~).

Animal Crossing A really simple lazy game, yet is so addictive :( It's set in real time which is kind of annoying as to buy some stuff you've got to go to this special place on a Sunday morning. I don't do sunday mornings :(

I know it's all sneaky and cheaty but you know you can just change the 'Cube clock right?
After reading around forums I've found out that you should do this as it ruins your game, your fruit goes rotten and weeds appear all over your town so that the people that live in your town move away. The game also knows when you've pressed reset / turned off power without saving. :(

• Admin

Well, with uni officially over and a few weeks to spare before I re-enter the world of work I should really be getting on with the heap of games I have to play.Over the weekend I completed Mashed: Fully Loaded which was pretty easy bar one or two tracks. Fantastic game though and great to have everything unlocked for the multiplayer sessions.Now I'm going to make a start on San Andreas, at last.

• Awards Moderator

Animal Crossing A really simple lazy game, yet is so addictive :( It's set in real time which is kind of annoying as to buy some stuff you've got to go to this special place on a Sunday morning. I don't do sunday mornings :(

I know it's all sneaky and cheaty but you know you can just change the 'Cube clock right?
After reading around forums I've found out that you should do this as it ruins your game, your fruit goes rotten and weeds appear all over your town so that the people that live in your town move away. The game also knows when you've pressed reset / turned off power without saving. :(
The weeds/rocks thing occurs whenever you don't play the game for a while. In effect, like putting the clock forward.And yeah, I can't remember who it is but someone bitches that you didn't turn the game off too.

Guest Alan

I'm playing through Metal Gear Solid 3 myself at the moment. I'm about five hours in so far and already enjoying it immensely which is good considering most people that have played it reckoned the first four hours were terribly boring.The plot is WAY more immersive than MGS2 as is the gameplay, as there is now more emphasis on sneaking amd staying hidden. This has the effect of heightening the tension and drawing you in far more than the other two ever could.Recommended.

• Awards Moderator

I'm playing through Metal Gear Solid 3 myself at the moment. I'm about five hours in so far and already enjoying it immensely which is good considering most people that have played it reckoned the first four hours were terribly boring.The plot is WAY more immersive than MGS2 as is the gameplay, as there is now more emphasis on sneaking amd staying hidden. This has the effect of heightening the tension and drawing you in far more than the other two ever could.Recommended.

Check out this thread, with lots of MGS3 goodness.I'm also going to pass down the same not-really-a-spoiler that I was given:

When prompted, don't remove the transmitter - you'll know when you're there. It gives you a bonus cutscene ;)

For some reason I got to the second to last fight then stopped. No reason - just forgot about it. That's one of my jobs for the week sorted.I heart the CQC.

Guest Alan

The CQC is kind of fiddly at first. It's hard to judge how hard to press the Circle button without actually slitting the enemy's throat. Still it's very cool and I'm sure as I get used to it I will *heart* it too.The first boss fight by the way is genius. It's so cool that you can knock off Ocelot's hat to piss him off or climb the tree to get the same reaction. Just awesome.

I can't stop playing Metal Gear Acid and Ridge Racer for the PSP ever since it arrived a couple of weeks ago. Great console, so much better than the DS in my opinion.

I'm playing Ocarina of Time on the N64 at the moment. It's great, and anyone who says stupid things like 'It doesn't hold up well now' is a stupid pigfucker who should probably play Viewtiful Joe that he should have received from me because I'm great instead of spoiling the new Star Wars film through pressing on with Lego Star Wars. Yes.There's slightly too much handholding for my taste in OOT, but I've been playing mass market awful for about two years, and it's good to play a game where you have to get through a maze by listening for a certain sound, rather than killing endless baddies to level up so you can progress. Fuck you Square-Enix.

• Awards Moderator

I'm playing Ocarina of Time on the N64 at the moment.  It's great, and anyone who says stupid things like 'It doesn't hold up well now' is a stupid pigfucker who should probably play Viewtiful Joe that he should have received from me because I'm great instead of spoiling the new Star Wars film through pressing on with Lego Star Wars.  Yes.There's slightly too much handholding for my taste in OOT, but I've been playing mass market awful for about two years, and it's good to play a game where you have to get through a maze by listening for a certain sound, rather than killing endless baddies to level up so you can progress.  Fuck you Square-Enix.

What a sweeping generalisation targetted at everyone on the UKFF...That's the Moj I used to know ;)I guess I'm coming across harsh - I simply think OoT isn't as good as it's made out to be. It's fun with a clever puzzle design structure, but there are titles out there that beat it.And levelling-up is the lamest thing of all time. Games should really move past that permanently, or do it discreetly.Stat-twiddling`PS. I've paused my Lego Star Wars playing resolutely until May 20th. I have seen sense. Johnnyboy however... :p