WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

Well didnt know where to put there but here

TNA news iphone game its not fair to judge yet but hopefully they change the controls, but it seems so boring that a guy has bejewled on in the background.

Heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnsMM4NO6U8...layer_embedded#!

Edited by ajmcstyles

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive just come off a the wii with a new release hitting the shelves soon which is - Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Now as most of us will probarly be thinking of great a remake of the original. Well just like the Goldeneye "remake" on the wii a few week back was only a came called Goldeneye and had very little similar with the original it seems the same is here. First of all, your stuck with the wii remote and forced to use the motion control rather than the original way 1 button to attack and run another to jump. Well you have one button to grab/run another to jump then press a direction and shake the controller to do a move either being Donkey's roll, Donkey Hit fists on floor or Donkey Blow. One to Splat and one to Tag. I really dont see why they could not of done this with the controller (gamecube and classic/pro)

I havent got too far as I am playing a early release but I had NO option to switch to Diddy Kong on single play you MUST play as Co-op to play as Diddy Kong. One controls Donkey one controls Diddy. Which really pissed me off big time, my misses said it best then ign just backed it up, diddy was faster, could jump higher and did his little roll. Ign said "The restriction broke my heart a little because I always preferred to play as Diddy Kong

Edited by ajmcstyles

Anyone wishing to play and discuss retro games of their choosing should get into the UKFF Retro Inspection linked in my sig

Me, been playing some Smackdown: HCTP and Stuntman 2: Ignition this week. Its been a laugh

• Paid Members
Elder Scrolls 5 (Oblivion sequel).... I know this is bound to get some peeps excited.

Fucking Yes!!! Thanks Chest.

Running off a new engine too, Very interesting.

Whatever the case I hope they sort out the terrible loading times from the last game. It's something I know I probably would have enjoyed had that not been an issue.

• Paid Members

The shoehorned in motion controls for DKC returns are disheartening. I was really hoping to just play it on my Classic Controller or a Gamecube pad. I still want to play it, but enforced waggle when it isn't necessary shouldn't be happening now that the Wii has been around for a bit. Use it when it enhances the game, leave it out when it doesn't. Jeez.

• Paid Members
The shoehorned in motion controls for DKC returns are disheartening. I was really hoping to just play it on my Classic Controller or a Gamecube pad. I still want to play it, but enforced waggle when it isn't necessary shouldn't be happening now that the Wii has been around for a bit. Use it when it enhances the game, leave it out when it doesn't. Jeez.

Developers have to sign a deal promising to use motion controls. That was maybe necessary at the start, but I don't think it is so much any more.

Anyway, I automatically assumed DK would have a "classic controller"/GC pad option much like Smash Bros. I'm a little cynical, but not enough to stop me from giving the game a chance.

• Paid Members

This is my worry for both games and films for the next few years, games developers making you flap your arms around like a cunt for the sake of putting "compatible with Microsoft Kinect" on the box, and every film having objects and animals fly at the screen every 5 seconds to sell more 3D glasses.

• Paid Members

Developers have to sign a deal promising to use motion controls. That was maybe necessary at the start, but I don't think it is so much any more.

Then they should have used them for some bonus games only. Have some of the bonus games needing you to pick off enemies from a distance (sort of like one of the bonuses from DKC3), you could use the motion controls for that, and possibly have it as an additional game, it gets the motion controls used, and leaves the actual game for playing the actual game. I initially loved the idea of a new Donkey Kong Country game, but the second the information around it was revealed my interest became zero. They appear to have taken everything that made the original games unique and dumped them in favour of "new gameplay", fuck new gameplay, come up with something new for that, I want the old style gameplay in a new look and with some added stuff, not a complete overhaul.

Then they should have used them for some bonus games only. Have some of the bonus games needing you to pick off enemies from a distance (sort of like one of the bonuses from DKC3), you could use the motion controls for that, and possibly have it as an additional game, it gets the motion controls used, and leaves the actual game for playing the actual game. I initially loved the idea of a new Donkey Kong Country game, but the second the information around it was revealed my interest became zero. They appear to have taken everything that made the original games unique and dumped them in favour of "new gameplay", fuck new gameplay, come up with something new for that, I want the old style gameplay in a new look and with some added stuff, not a complete overhaul.

Well theres been two nintendo classics remade and nothing like the original in which being Goldeneye and now Donkey Kong Country, whatever next will "remade" hit the wii.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

For those of you with Ipod Touch/iPhones, EA are having a massive sale today (not sure how long it lasts) where all their games are 59p

Highlights being -

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Fifa 11

The Sims 3 and expansions

The Simpsons Arcade game (not a port, it's been updated with touch controls, new powerups and storyline and is quite fantastic)

Madden

and then all stuff like Boggle, Cluedo, Scrabble, etc.