The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Last night, I caught a bit of a NOAH match on The Wrestling Channel at about 5 AM. The two competitors were exchanging a series of chops for a number of minutes and the crowd was going absolutely wild for it. One of the wrestlers wore black trunks and the other was in blue and white. Can anyone provide more details on the match and who they are?

Kenta Kobashi (black trunks) vs Kensuke Sasaki from the July 18, 2005 NOAH Tokyo Dome show. Edited by Phil Jones

Last night, I caught a bit of a NOAH match on The Wrestling Channel at about 5 AM. The two competitors were exchanging a series of chops for a number of minutes and the crowd was going absolutely wild for it. One of the wrestlers wore black trunks and the other was in blue and white. Can anyone provide more details on the match and who they are?

Kenta Kobashi (black trunks) vs Kensuke Sasaki from the July 18, 2005 NOAH Tokyo Dome show.
Thanks. I'm going out of my way to find more Kenta Kobashi matches now...

Kenta Kobashi (black trunks) vs Kensuke Sasaki from the July 18, 2005 NOAH Tokyo Dome show.
Thanks. I'm going out of my way to find more Kenta Kobashi matches now...
There are LOADS of great Kobashi matches to check out (AJPW, NOAH) but I suggest you get hold of Kobashi vs Samoa Joe from ROH (DVD is titled 'Joe vs Kobashi) next.DVD link -https://www.rohwrestling.com/shoponline.asp...187&id=1504

What/where would be the best place to get me some OVW and DragonGate dvds?

OVW footage is owned by WWE now so OVW no longer sells official releases. Your best bet would be to trade or buy from a trader or download.

How often does Pro Wrestling Noah run Tokyo Dome shows? Where can I find reviews? And where can I purchase dvd's of Pro Wrestling Noah?Thanks

They have only ran the Tokyo Dome twice - it's a once a year occasion if that.NOAH merchandise is available from http://www.noah-usa.cc/merchandise.html
NOAH ran the Tokyo Dome in 2004 and again in June 2005. There was/is no Dome show for 2006 because NOAH doesn't have a main event match big enough to fill the venue but a Dome show is expected for 2007.

• Paid Members

Does anyone know why on the WrestleMania 11 and SummerSlam 93 tagged classic dvds silvervision haven't included the countdown show, when all the other releases have it included if it was on the original VHS?

• Paid Members

Does anyone know why on the WrestleMania 11 and SummerSlam 93 tagged classic dvds silvervision haven't included the countdown show, when all the other releases have it included if it was on the original VHS?

The event would probably go on too long to fit on one DVD disc. Some of these events, including the preview show, were over three and a half hours long.

A couple of questions that are kind of linked....1) How old is Sabu?2) When watching Summerslam this morning I got to thinking that 14 out of the 16 wrestlers on the official card were over 30 - and 7 or 8 of them (Depending on Sabu's age) were over 40 - several over 50. Is this the first time in history that 50% of the roster for a PPV has been past the big four-o mark?3) Also while watching Summerslam - I realised that every guy on the card with the exception of Shane and Chavo had been world champions in one form or another. This means that 87.5% (Yes, I'm sad enough to have worked it out with a pen and a piece of paper) of the roster for the card had at one stage held the world title. Has there ever been a higher percentage?

I've seen a few places saying Sabu was born in December 1963, but most say he was born on December 12th 1964.So I reckon he's 41 years old.Those Summerslam facts a few posts up were surprising and interesting. Never realised until I read that.

• Paid Members

Is a Brutus Beefcake style sleeperhold a submission hold brahs?Thank you.

Depends how you look at it, I guess. I can't recall anyone ever submitting to Beefcake's sleeper (or the Million Dollar Dream, etc.) before they "went to sleep". However, I don't really see how Beefcake's sleeper is all that much different to, say, Samoa Joe's, which people obviously do tap out of - which, from what I gather, is a sensible thing to do if caught in a choke of any kind in martial arts, as getting choked unconcious is fucking dangerous.I guess the only way to look at it is that during Brutus' heyday, it was presented as a move which you could give up whilst in (although actually, I don't imagine that anywhere in the 'pro wrestling rule book' it says you have to be in a hold to give up - if you want to quit, you quit...) but people toughed it out until they passed out, like Austin in the Sharpshooter at Mania 13. Now, with the rise of MMA, when people tap out of chokes, they do in pro wrestling too.That said, Beefcake's sleeper was never presented as a choke hold either, as those are illegal... Edited by Statto