The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

scan.jpg

The inside cover of WrestleWar '92 shows these twelve videos already out and available. If the VA numbers are anything to go by, the first releases were Starrcade '89: Futureshock, Capital Combat '90, Starrcade '90: Collision Course and Halloween Havoc: Chamber of Horrors.

• Paid Members

scan.jpgThe inside cover of WrestleWar '92 shows these twelve videos already out and available. If the VA numbers are anything to go by, the first releases were Starrcade '89: Futureshock, Capital Combat '90, Starrcade '90: Collision Course and Halloween Havoc: Chamber of Horrors.

Much appreciated for that. Cheers.John Menzies. Now theres a name from the past. Edited by bAzTNM

I thought Futureshock 89/90 (?) was one of the first four WCW releases over here or is my memory really bad?

ah yes my bad! now i can see the covers they all come flooding back. i can't even remember what i did to all of those wcw videos, i think i must have thrown them out

Does anybody know answers to any of these questions..Q. What was the first WWF video release here in the UK?

I don't know this for certain, but the earliest ones I remember were:Hulk Hogan - Real AmericanWrestlemania's Greatest MatchesHigh Flyerswhich were all released at the same time circa 1990.
While those three were the first ones available in the shops, Summerslam 88 was also made available as a mail-order only tape at the time. All were released in the run-up to Christmas 1990, and they no doubt made a killing on them.As for WCW, I seem to remember they came out early 92, as I got my hands on HH91 as an easter present...

Why did Kimchee wear a mask? I know there were logistical reasons (like hiding the Brooklyn Brawler's face) but was there ever an explanation given for why the character didn't show his face?

Coz he was a handler, and the mask protected him if Kamala ever went nuts, and to keep those pesky bugs of the jungle away from his face??Here's one I was wondering earlier...when did WWE start using entrance videos regularly for everyone? Did it just happen one week or was it gradual? If it was gradual who was the first person to have one? I don't remember it suddenly happening to it must have been gradual. Must have been around 1997/1998 though.

What was K-Kwik's finisher called in the WWF?

I believe it was the "Hat Rack Crack"...
Cheers bud
Was that the 450?
It was a vertical suplex lift into a sit-out facebuster.EDIT - Your 'hat rack' is your head, see? Edited by Alexander

Back in 1998/1999, on Raw I believe, Undertaker cut a really weird promo on the Big Show, talking about dragging him out into the desert, and leaving him with the snakes, and stuff like that. I know this is horribly random, but does anyone know even the month that this happened?Cheers.

• Paid Members

Probably August 1999, as they were a team at Summerslam that year before 'Taker went on his injury sabbatical until Judgment Day 2000EDIT: Show didn't debut until Febuary 99, so it obviously wasn't 1998...

Edited by gadgetboy

Back in 1998/1999, on Raw I believe, Undertaker cut a really weird promo on the Big Show, talking about dragging him out into the desert, and leaving him with the snakes, and stuff like that. I know this is horribly random, but does anyone know even the month that this happened?Cheers.

June / July 99 I'd guess. It was when they formed The Unholy Alliance tag-team. Taker was trying to help the Big Show reach his potential or something.