The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Whatever happened to Ice Train? I've been watching 1996 Nitro's (what a bag of shit, but that's besides the point) and he had a teeny bit of potential as a big man, although he pales in comparison with Big Scott Norton. When and why did he leave WCW and what did he do after that?

Whatever happened to Ice Train? I've been watching 1996 Nitro's (what a bag of shit, but that's besides the point) and he had a teeny bit of potential as a big man, although he pales in comparison with Big Scott Norton. When and why did he leave WCW and what did he do after that?

I can't remember the exact time, though it may have been during the New Blood-era, but he eventually became the wrestling chauffer (sp?) Biggs. The guy had plenty of charisma, though very little he ever did in the ring impressed me. I do seem to recall that he got plenty of work in Austria/Germany for Otto Wanz...

I can't remember the exact time, though it may have been during the New Blood-era, but he eventually became the wrestling chauffer (sp?) Biggs. The guy had plenty of charisma, though very little he ever did in the ring impressed me. I do seem to recall that he got plenty of work in Austria/Germany for Otto Wanz...
Mr Biggs was Clarence Mason's lawyer gimmick in WCW around the same time. You're thinking of MI Smooth.

Train with the utter shits when he debuted in 1993. He did get significantly better though. Somewhere I've a shockingly good match pitting him & Norton against The Steiners.

Upon scouring through old WCW TV results, i've came across the following undercrad wrestlers who i know very little about. I've got a little bit of info from obsessedwithwrestling, but i wondering if anyone had any more info. Can anyone tell me how long there were in the company, and what else they have done in wrestling before and after?Craig PittmanKurasawaBobby WalkerMaxx MuscleBig Ron StuddJerry FlynnScott Putski (i know of his short WWF run, but not anything else)Tokyo MagnumEmory HaleLash LerouxDisorderly ConductReno

craig pittman took part in vale tudo tournements and can be seen on the film choke. i remember there was talk of him entering ufc back in 96 but it never happened. no idea where he is now

Big Ron Studd - At a guess, maybe Ron Reese, the 7ft guy who joined The Flock.Jerry Flynn - Did some Karate/Judo gimmick. Horribley average and forgetable.Tokyo Magnum - Works for Toryumon/Dragon Gate in Japan, as one of its main stars. Havent seen or heard about him for a while mind. I presume he still works there. Im pretty sure its Magnum TOKYO, as well.Lash Leroux - Average cruiser. Joined the MIA group.Reno - I remember at the time there was a lot of buzz about Reno. People thought he could go places. A victim of bad luck and timing I guess, as he was there at the end of WCW. Had a good look, and a good finisher, and WCW actually gave him a good push. I remember back then that people were creaming themselves over his Roll The Dice finisher. Think he was the first person to use it. It was the reverse DDT, spin into face crusher move (I think Test used it). People wouldnt think twice about it now, but back then it was a big deal.

One of the things that was great about WCW was it's willingness to give Independent wrestlers a chance. Guy's like Disorderly Conduct for example never seemed to go further than WCW saturday night and the occasional Nitro or Thunder squash but I liked watching them for being what they were - solid job guys.

Upon scouring through old WCW TV results, i've came across the following undercrad wrestlers who i know very little about. I've got a little bit of info from obsessedwithwrestling, but i wondering if anyone had any more info. Can anyone tell me how long there were in the company, and what else they have done in wrestling before and after?Craig PittmanKurasawaBobby WalkerMaxx MuscleBig Ron StuddJerry FlynnScott Putski (i know of his short WWF run, but not anything else)Tokyo MagnumEmory HaleLash LerouxDisorderly ConductReno

Craig Pittman genuinely was in the Marines and was a success in military wrestling tournaments. He did a little MMA after WCWKurasawa was Manabu Nakanishi of New Japan. Most New Japan fans think he sucks balls. I kinda liked him, especially the angle where he broke Hawk's arm."Hard Work" Bobby Walker was a glorified jobber. He's most famous for his racial discrimination lawsuit against WCW/Turner.Big Ron Studd was Ron Reis/Reese/The Yetti. I believe he was actually a protege of John Studd. Big guy, not very good. Most recently did a couple of shots for Vince Russo's religious group.Jerry Flynn had a shooter gimmick, doing lots of hard kicks. I don't think he was really much of a shooter. In fact, I think he may have been one of Bischoff's kickboxing buddies.Dunno where Scott "Clueless" Putski is these days. I don't really care either.Tokyo Magnum went on to be Magnum TOKYO in Toryumon/Dragon Gate. Awesome entrance. Totally gay.Don't know much about the others.

Who was the colour commentator on this weeks SD! 'From The Vault' (November 13th 2002)?It wasn't King, Heyman or Tazz, and whoever it was isn't listed on wikipedia.

It was Ernest 'The Cat' Miller, who if I remember correctly, mostly did commentary on Velocity with Josh Matthews at the time.Finlay Edited by Finlay

• Paid Members

Emory Hale was a huge guy who was later planned to be the lead heel in the XWF to feud with Hogan, but the promotion never got off the ground. He died last year.Maxx Muscle's main role was as Dallas Page's (storyline) bodyguard during his early singles push in 1995.

Guest Josh Jenkins

Why did Edge revert from using his Rob Zombie theme back to the Edge & Christian theme in 2004?