The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

I'm sure the finishes and selected spots were often the same, but they'd call it in the ring based on the crowd reactions so having the exact same match would be a big coincidence.

Yeah, kinda. From what I can gather, the house show matches were generally the matches that would be on the next PPV or "big show," so the guys would use the house shows to try out different pacing, work out spots, guage reaction to different moves and so on. They could put in new stuff, take out stuff that wasn't working and nail the timing, so that by the time they got to the big show, they had the match laid out exactly the way they wanted it, having road-tested it before a variety of audiences and knowing what stuff got the best reaction. Often, especially in title matches, the only big change at the big show would be the finish, as the title would be changing hands.

Can anyone tell me where the hell this is from?Fighting_robot.gif

It's obviously a frame of video (the interlacing lines around the robot's arm) and a boxing ring (count the ropes). Is the "MILLERTIME" on the left hand turbuckle padding a clue?That's about as much help as I can be. Sorry.

Which ROH show was outside in a big city?

Are you talking about the infamous match which was shown on TV? If it's the one involving Azrieal, it was in the city of Manhatten, New York and was used to promote an upcomming RoH show in the same city.

Are you talking about the infamous match which was shown on TV? If it's the one involving Azrieal, it was in the city of Manhatten, New York and was used to promote an upcomming RoH show in the same city.
I just seen it in the background of a DVD menu. I think Aires was hitting a 450 in it if that helps??

I just seen it in the background of a DVD menu. I think Aires was hitting a 450 in it if that helps??
It was an exhibition on a morning news program intended to promote ROH. The segments are featured on one of the ROH DVDs.

Guest Black Ice

For anyone from the UK that has attended Wrestlemania.could someone give me a rough estimate of the cost for:- going to America for 3/4 days- watching WM live with decent seat- watching the following raw- tieing in accommodation and flights..ANY ideas would be great, just thinking about next years!Haven't attended many shows personally, but bucking ideas up soon!

It was an exhibition on a morning news program intended to promote ROH. The segments are featured on one of the ROH DVDs.
That dvd is "The Future Is Now", a wonderful show from the afternoon of June 12th 2005 held in New York City a few blocks away from the first ECW One Night Stand which happened later that evening. :thumbsup: