The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

I always hope that the WWE might induct him into the HofF - but I guess a guy in a wheelchair sends the wrong message...

Him being wheelchair bound has nothing to do with it. Just look at Freddie Blassie, who's last appearance on WWE was in a wheelchair.
The difference there is that Blassie was twice Dynamite's age.An old man in his 80's in a wheelchair is common, someone who was confined to his wheelchair in his late thirties/early forties isn't.

Having just watched Survivor Series 88 on tagged classic - the event was very cut down and only lasted about an hour and 45 mins, was just wondering if anyone knows the reason for this??Does it happen on many other tagged's??Re: taggeds - i LOVE DOUBLE DOUBLE F :p

All of the old WWE PPV's, from around 88-91, are clipped. Just due to time constraints I guess.
Someone may be able to expand upon this but I believe a lot of wrestling events in the 80s were only 2hrs on tape because it was cheaper to produce 2hr tapes. Something to do with NTSC tapes being pricy, and putting out three hour tapes were expensive...

• Paid Members

Having just watched Survivor Series 88 on tagged classic - the event was very cut down and only lasted about an hour and 45 mins, was just wondering if anyone knows the reason for this??Does it happen on many other tagged's??Re: taggeds - i LOVE DOUBLE DOUBLE F :p

All of the old WWE PPV's, from around 88-91, are clipped. Just due to time constraints I guess.
Someone may be able to expand upon this but I believe a lot of wrestling events in the 80s were only 2hrs on tape because it was cheaper to produce 2hr tapes. Something to do with NTSC tapes being pricy, and putting out three hour tapes were expensive...
Yep - because NTSC uses more tape for the same amount of footage, it means that where we had 3 and 4 hour tapes as standard, the US standard tapes were 2 hours and 2 hours 40. Plus most US VCRs used EP (three times the capacity) rather than LP (two times the capacity). So to put more than 2 hours on a tape either meant using more expensive tapes or having much poorer quality.

I have a question about the big two's house shows in the 80's and 90's. I remember looking at the results pages in PWI and seeing the same match results over and over and looking back I would like to know if each house show had a different finish or if they just ran the same match from town to town?Cheers

The difference there is that Blassie was twice Dynamite's age.An old man in his 80's in a wheelchair is common, someone who was confined to his wheelchair in his late thirties/early forties isn't.

I still don't think it'd be an issue. It's a dangerous sport, people know that, and it's not like the general public don't know about Dynamite's injury anyway. Besides, if he only appeared at one Hall of Fame event, which isn't like a normal show anyway, then it's not going to cause a lot of problems. No matter what anyone argues, I certainly doubt that the only reason for Dynamite Kid not being in the Hall Of Fame is due to him being in a wheelchair.

• Paid Members

I have a question about the big two's house shows in the 80's and 90's. I remember looking at the results pages in PWI and seeing the same match results over and over and looking back I would like to know if each house show had a different finish or if they just ran the same match from town to town?Cheers

Probably the same match, but in a different town.

Probably the same match, but in a different town.
It's almost always the same match. There would be no point in wrestling anything different - the only ones who can see it would be seeing it for the first time anyway.