The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

I think their promo from Starrcade 1994 and match from SuperBrawl V are pretty good (the finish to the match is a shame though). The UnCensored 1995 strap-match is most definitely not pretty good. And I've only seen clips of the cage match from Bash At The Beach 1995 but Vader was pretty much dead in the water by that point anyway (though of course, after having been killed WCW still put him over Ric Flair [and Arn Anderson] in a handicapped match no less).

Did Chris Hero work regulary for GPW in 2004-2005?I've just found out he wrestled in my home town, little Whitehaven, Cumbria for the company and I missed out becuase I thought it was a tribute show!!

Yeh he did, from March to October 2004.Hero was the first GPW International Heavyweight Champion and he won the title the night before (in Bacup) and then defended it against "Dangerous" Damon Leigh in a 2 out of 3 falls classic in Whitehaven the next day. Gangrel was also on the show and he wrestled JC Thunder. Sorry to hear you missed it. I should point out though that our posters have improved significantly since that day so if GPW were to ever promote in Whitehaven again, you can rest assured it would not be a tribute show and you would be experiencing the same standard of quality entertainment that the great Wigan fans experience in the Monaco Ballroom every month.

Did Chris Hero work regulary for GPW in 2004-2005?I've just found out he wrestled in my home town, little Whitehaven, Cumbria for the company and I missed out becuase I thought it was a tribute show!!

Yeh he did, from March to October 2004.Hero was the first GPW International Heavyweight Champion and he won the title the night before (in Bacup) and then defended it against "Dangerous" Damon Leigh in a 2 out of 3 falls classic in Whitehaven the next day. Gangrel was also on the show and he wrestled JC Thunder. Sorry to hear you missed it. I should point out though that our posters have improved significantly since that day so if GPW were to ever promote in Whitehaven again, you can rest assured it would not be a tribute show and you would be experiencing the same standard of quality entertainment that the great Wigan fans experience in the Monaco Ballroom every month.
I hope you do come back. What's the chances of it?

• Awards Moderator

Whos the guy on the front cover of the WWE anthology CD, standing on the ramp?

Probably Jericho.
It looks like Booker T to me. The pyro, the hair and shape of face, though that guy looks like he is wearing trouser length attire, and I dont recall booker ever wrestling in any in the E.
I wish I hadn't read this question, it's driving me bonkers now.Didn't Booker wrestle for a while in white/gold trousers? The superfly hands are really putting me off too.B00007DPGX.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

• Moderators

Probably Jericho.
It looks like Booker T to me. The pyro, the hair and shape of face, though that guy looks like he is wearing trouser length attire, and I dont recall booker ever wrestling in any in the E.
I wish I hadn't read this question, it's driving me bonkers now.Didn't Booker wrestle for a while in white/gold trousers? The superfly hands are really putting me off too.B00007DPGX.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Yep, Booker T did have whilte/gold tights at one point.. they looked very cool.

Probably Jericho.
Yep, Booker T did have whilte/gold tights at one point.. they looked very cool.
Isn

I hope you do come back. What's the chances of it?
A Whitehaven return will not be on the agenda for 2007 i'm afraid. But we will possibly return there one day....

I think their promo from Starrcade 1994 and match from SuperBrawl V are pretty good (the finish to the match is a shame though). The UnCensored 1995 strap-match is most definitely not pretty good. And I've only seen clips of the cage match from Bash At The Beach 1995 but Vader was pretty much dead in the water by that point anyway (though of course, after having been killed WCW still put him over Ric Flair [and Arn Anderson] in a handicapped match no less).

Cheers!

• Paid Members

Watching an old WCW Saturday Night where Scott Norton made his debut. Just wondering what his nickname was as I can't quite make out what they are saying. I always thought it was "Flash". So is it..Scott "Flash" NortonorScott "Slash" Norton?Thank you.

What did Jim Neidhart do between the break-up of the Hart Foundation and starting the New Foundation with Owen?

Not much.He was featured in WWF Magazine in about August of 1991 beating Sgt. Slaughter with the help of Andre the Giant. He was was battered in November by the Beverley Brothers, which forced him out of Hacksaw Jim Duggan's team at the 1991 Survivor Series to be replaced by a now-babyface Sarge.He returned to take on the Beverleys with his new partner, Owen Hart, which formed the New Foundation.
He also tried his hand at being a commentary during this period of time. Never heard any of his commentary, so no idea which of the show sat the time he was on.
His commentary is on one of the matches on the US Rampage 91 tape, I think it was Taker vs Warrior.
Neidhart was commentator on Wrestling Challenge, alongside Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan. The odd times when Heenan wasn't there were basically unbearable...