The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Just a wee question.Has anybody ever used the Demolition~ double-tag-team finishing move since Demolition crashed in 1991? or did the move die when they split up? I've never seen it done since then. It looked more painful than the LOD finishing move too. I think it was called the "Demolition Decapatation".

Johnny Stamboli and Chuck Palumbo used it as their finisher when they were teaming as the FBI, most noticably against Spanky at Judgment Day 03, it was called 'The Kiss of Death' IIRC

• Paid Members

Actually wasnt it to do with Edge that the "You Suck" chants started?Seem to remember him encouraging "You Suck" back in 2002

No. I'm certain of this - the fans themselves came up with it. All Edge did was make himself look like a tit when he tried to change it to, "You're Bald," and it bombed hard.

It was actually a spontaneous crowd reaction much earlier. There was an episode of SmackDown! just after the release of The Music: Volume 5 where Kurt Angle came to the ring and made the crowd listen to the full version of his music from the CD.On the second play through the crowd just started chanting in time with the music.It didn't really catch on though until a few months later - possibly with the intorduction of a t-shirt.

• Paid Members

It was actually a spontaneous crowd reaction much earlier. There was an episode of SmackDown! just after the release of The Music: Volume 5 where Kurt Angle came to the ring and made the crowd listen to the full version of his music from the CD.On the second play through the crowd just started chanting in time with the music.It didn't really catch on though until a few months later - possibly with the intorduction of a t-shirt.

I may be wrong about this, but I seem to recall that at the time Angle was feuding with The Rock, who of course had that awful 'Pie' or whatever the fuck it was called song on that album. The whole point of the segment was basically to promote the CD, so they played a segment of 'Pie', then Angle complained it was shit (he was right) and made the guys in the back play a REAL song - his entrance music. I seem to recall Rocky coming out during the segment and at least encouraging, if not creating, the use of "You Suck" as lyrics to Angle's music.

Anybody want to remind me what "The Throwback" was?  Obsessed With Wrestling have it listed as a 'Running Neck Snap.' Basically, it was like Curt Hennig's step-over neckbreaker.

With the obvious difference that Hennig's maneuver was performed with the victim seated on the mat, while Cena did it with the opponent standing, bent over.

• Paid Members

Just a wee question.Has anybody ever used the Demolition~ double-tag-team finishing move since Demolition crashed in 1991? or did the move die when they split up? I've never seen it done since then. It looked more painful than the LOD finishing move too. I think it was called the "Demolition Decapatation".

Johnny Stamboli and Chuck Palumbo used it as their finisher when they were teaming as the FBI, most noticably against Spanky at Judgment Day 03, it was called 'The Kiss of Death' IIRC
I may well be wrong but i seem to remember it being a knee rather than an elbow, i olny remember as that one on Spanky you mentioned was absolutly brutal.

• Moderators

As for The Throwback in particular, I think it could be due to the nature of the move. WWE have pretty much banned anything that could cause neck damage.

I don't mean for this to sound rude; thanks for answering my question, but how does the throwback cause neck damage?I just never really saw it as a potentially dangerous move, although it does look pretty cool....

As for The Throwback in particular, I think it could be due to the nature of the move. WWE have pretty much banned anything that could cause neck damage.

I don't mean for this to sound rude; thanks for answering my question, but how does the throwback cause neck damage?I just never really saw it as a potentially dangerous move, although it does look pretty cool....
It doesn't cause any neck damage. In fact, it probably hurts the aggressor more than the victim.Plus, the flip doesn't add any torque, as the head isn't held the whole way over. So if you suspend the suspension of disbelief, it's perfectly logical for the intended victim to just scoot out the side or stand up. There's no reason for him to be thrust down on his face as if his head weighs 50lbs.

Of course the move can be done two ways when seated on the mat. From behind or from the front. I think Stevie Knight did it from behind quite often.From behind the opponent goes forward until snapping back rather quicky and uncrontalably banging the back of their head on the canvas. Hence the description "neck snap".

You're right, freaky_jason. However, I think that with the positioning of the wrestlers during The Throwback, I think there is a slight possibility of injury to the neck if the move isn't executed properly.

Just as there is with...almost any move at all? :confused:

You're right, freaky_jason. However, I think that with the positioning of the wrestlers during The Throwback, I think there is a slight possibility of injury to the neck if the move isn't executed properly.

Just as there is with...almost any move at all? :confused:
Well, with a move that's a Running Neck Snap, I think there's a somewhat higher possibility of it. Edited by Van_Dammer

• Paid Members

Just wondering who were the first WCW goal-scoring superstar wrestlers to enter a WWF, during Raw or Smackdown, match. I'm sure Hugh Morrus was one of them.

Ignoring Booker Ts run-in at King of the Ring, Lance Storm was the first. Hugh Morrus may have been the second and i think Mike Awesome was the third.