The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

Had the 4/8 PPV for a few days, after 2 viewings:Shingo/Yoshino vs. Mochi/TozawaShingo disciplines Tozawa, Yoshino shows off his new outfit then does nothing, Mochi kicks hard. Tozawa is decidedly rookie, reminds me of Minoru Fujita if he was NJ young lion opposed to BJW/MPro ring boy. Shingo rules.CIMA/Doi vs. Iwasa GundamSwan-song for maji-mode Florida. Not a particularly good match, but Iwasa still rules. Mishima still has a headache, and ends up laying on the floor after a spike piledriver on a pile of chairs. Not much heat, sadly. Yoshino starts his clean fight BG campaign here. I assume this will get him ousted eventually. The K-Dojo contingent shows up after to challenge for the Brave Gate. They try to get a beat down on Doi with ALL of BG in the ring. Asahi eats an Another Space for his trouble.The molestation of Pos.HEARTS.Dino does all his Dino stuff. He's scary/hilarious/brilliant/distrubing all at once, and really just leaves a great sense of UNCOMFORTABLE, as he palms BxBs' ass and kisses Shisa to break up the Yoshi Tonic. Not much of a match though. Good heat for the various sodomizings and cock-in-mouth stuff.Fujii vs. Araken for 20 minutes won't burn your eyes, but the silky smooth mat stylings of Don Fujii just isn't my thing. Serviceable for what it is.Ryo/Kiddo/Hage vs. KnesSuka/Nakajima, Triangle GateNot as fast paced as most DG 6 man tags, but was steadily awesome. Nakajima is the worst wrestler on earth in this match, doing nothing but middle kicks and his 2 spots. He is so obviously outclassed in this environment, he takes an otherwise incredible match and middle kicks it down a notch. The closing stretch is amazing, Susumu pulling the Suita Bomb out of the ghost of Judo Suwas' cold dead hands. Good stuff, but Nakajima needs to go away.Overall maybe not as good in execution as on paper, but still an excellent show, if only for the main event and seeing BxB Hulk get a thumb up his ass.Reading back into the thread about Dragon Gate Prestige, I've talked with them a few times, they don't have capabilities to ship overseas yet. It's still very much mail order operating out of the back of a small store front, despite the flashy website.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TimStrange

I nearly forgot HAGE he is class...The Spot where his oppenent blows hair from there fingers and he gets on all fours tryin to get it cause he is going bald....ClassicTS

Good heat for the various sodomizings and cock-in-mouth stuff.

Sentences I never thought I'd see on a wrestling board, #27. For what it's worth, Danshoku Dino worries the hell out of me too. Jae, your last DGUSA post mentioned Door to Dragon, which I'd forgotten all about. I've never seen any of the UK traders selling it. What's its format, and how regularly does it air? Is it worth going out of my way to get hold of?Thanks :)

ummm...I honestly don't know anyone who gets it. My source doesn't get the channel, and AFAIK he sources all the US dealers. I dunno who purodvd is hooked up with. The only guy I know who gets them is Jeff Lynch, but he gets sporadic.The shows are good, but for the most part everything that happens on the regular TV, so it's not too big to miss. Still sucks that can't get.

• Paid Members

I finally watched Infinity #5. Yes I'm still along way behind, but the catching up will increase in speed soon. 1. The Florida Brothers vs. K-ness, Susumu YokosukaYay, Kness-suka with their swanky double teams, what a fantastic team they make. FloBro are their usually funny selves, they bust out the "fake give up" win this time, good stuff. :D 2. Don Fujii, Second Doi, Naoki Tanisaki vs. Genki Horiguchi, Magnum TOKYO, Ryo SaitoThe Iron perm trio get off to a strong start here after Tanisaki bailed them out just before their deadline to find a partner expired. A quality six man with DF punking out Tanisaki viciously, even Ryo is a bit evil. It's all good, character building stuff for the lad. The Tanisaki knee followed by Batakare sliding kick sequence looks swank.3. CIMA, TARU vs. Milano Collection AT, Anthony W. MoriBest performance I've seen from TARU in ages. He carries much of the work load and does a good job of being a monster for Antony to try and face up to. I really will miss TARU in DG, I like all his offence (especially the T-Crush, which makes A-Train's version look weak) he has a fantastic look and is generally a cool character. Also he delivers the TARU driller with great concern for opponent safety, I don't know why but that made me feel all warm inside.4. Kenichiro Arai, K-ness, Masaaki Mochizuki, Susumu Yokosuka vs. Shuji Kondo, Touru Owashi, Takuya Sugawara, Shogo TakagiTypical Aagan awesomeness. K-Ness countering the JET~! punch flurry was a fun spot (K-Ness! K-Ness! K-Ness! Oooooh Ku-ness!). Takuya Sugwara had better resurface soon, he is great. 5. Brother YASSHI, Shuji Kondo, Takuya Sugawara vs. CIMA, Shingo Takagi, TARUMy first Shingo match! I read Spatular saying he's good at the fiery underdog thing, he most certainly is! Recipe for creating an instant fan favourite.. Take one part athletically built rookie power fighter with good fighting spirit, add 3 parts Aagan and stir in front of red hot crowd. Beginning of the match the crowd know little about him, end of the match "SHIIINGO! SHIINGO! SHIINGO!". Yasshi does a cocky one-foot pin to put the plucky debutant away. The little shit. :DThen the show closes with three more top notch Rey the Parejas six man affairs.6. Milano Collection AT/Anthony W. Mori/YOSSINO vs. Dragon Kid/Genki Horiguchi/Magnum TOKYOThis is all goodness. Antony is the weak link in the ItaConne team in kayfabe terms, but he fights with a lot of spirit and is looking to earn his place, fighting on his own for a fair chunk of this after his partners are knocked senselss by kicks. Genki is still super over, any time they feel like giving him an ODG shot I'd imagine it'd go down well. Milano wins with an uber-funky cradle suplex thing that looks genuinely difficult to escape. Magnum has a great "what the hell just happened?" look on his face after losing to it.7. Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi, Magnum TOKYO vs. CIMA, Shingo Takagi, TARUShingo is everyone's hero. He fights valiantly, he succumbs to the deadliest backslide in the world. Can't win'em all, or any, at this stage.8. K-ness, Masaaki Mochizuki, Susumu Yokosuka vs. Milano Collection AT, Anthony W. Mori, YOSSINO First off, Mochi reversing the Italian stretch #8 and finding that he's somehow put Milano in a paradise lock = GOLD, absolutely brilliant. This is all pretty rocking, I'm loving the Rey the Parejas bouts so far, I know that if I was in Japan watching this on GAORA there would be no doubt in my mind about ordering the PPV that follows. Oh yeah, the show also had Owashi and Araken/Heno-heno mask bits and pieces. Owashi does an into the camera promo that terrifies. His angry noise at the beginning of promos is so damn cool. And then there's the debut of Johnson Florida. He loses to Tanisaki on short order, the Florida Express is established, with their first tourney match being on Pay per view.

Jae, your last DGUSA post mentioned Door to Dragon

ummm...I honestly don't know anyone who gets it.

But... but... Do FIXER vs Pos.HEARTS! :(Stalker vs 'super important' X! :( :( :(...arse.

6. Milano Collection AT/Anthony W. Mori/YOSSINO vs. Dragon Kid/Genki Horiguchi/Magnum TOKYOThis is all goodness. Antony is the weak link in the ItaConne team in kayfabe terms, but he fights with a lot of spirit and is looking to earn his place, fighting on his own for a fair chunk of this after his partners are knocked senselss by kicks. Genki is still super over, any time they feel like giving him an ODG shot I'd imagine it'd go down well. Milano wins with an uber-funky cradle suplex thing that looks genuinely difficult to escape. Magnum has a great "what the hell just happened?" look on his face after losing to it.

I remember this match being pretty good. On first viewing I really thought Milano had been knocked clean out by that kick - some great selling right there. I think I'll end up missing Milano more than I thought I would at first. He's never been a favourite of mine but he always tried hard, he brought some unique stylings with him, and he was a pretty fair unit leader. It'll be fun to see where he goes next, and how much of his old style he'll take with him (I have a hunch that after several years as Captain Llave he'll want a complete change of direction).It's a damn shame they had to turn Shingo Takagi so quickly. He really was a hell of a babyface while it lasted. Hopefully I'll have the Feb and Mar shows this week...

Just managed to sit down and watch the Brave Gate PPV and despite Jaes best efforts I managed to watch it un-spoiled and very glad I did. (thanx to JLM for the warnings)Very enjoyable show overall with a lot of interesting developments (ive yet to catch up on news yet so mer.) I'm very undecided on PSYCHO at the moment, on one hand I WANT to like him but on the other theres a part of me that just wants to hate him and say hes a horrible wrestler, im torn, whats with PSYCHO using the Sol Naciente as well?Dont know if Danny getting "Ko'd" was part of the plan but if it wasnt it may have worked out better then expected, Danny doesent lose clean and has a reason to want to batter Doi around, Michael gets involved fending off a BG attack on BxB and FloBro are now the complete opposite to what they were this time last year. BxB was good but is still very rough around the edges, became bored quickly of his dropkicks, they may look pretty but he does so many and requires quite a bit of time to get the height that it looks quite comical.The Brave Gate Title is a little bit of kewl innovation (as people won through to the next round they inserted pieces of metal into the belt which formed a mosaic of the DG logo in the centre of the belt, looks awesome)Whats with the heat between Sychaiko (sp?) and Mochi? or am I missing something from a TV ep before this show?I did have a proper review sorted but my computer crashed this morning meaning I lost everything up to the interval which sucked :(Also. Shisa working ring crew at the end gave me a little chuckle.

Guest JPaCyN

They're pretty good, but pre-Florida Brothers they were complete jobbers and jokes. Raimu Mishima got kicked out of Shin M2K basically for "sucking" (in the kayfabe sense) and formed "Iwasa Gumdan" with Takamichi Iwasa (who was floating around doing nothing as a satanist-type character.) However it was decided by the Tory heads that Iwasa Gundam had to win a match before they became an officially recognized stable. -I forget how many matches Iwasa had, but he lost ALL of them by camel clutch, even to Stalker Ichikawa in wacky circumstances. So they "went to Florida for Warrior Training" and came back as the guys we all know and love now.

Iwasa is quite the wacky submission wrestler as well, not as wacky as Milano but he still has some rather swanky looking stuff in his arsenal. The trail series was one of the highlights of 2003 and has some of the funniest collection of matches ive seen.

Well, im not much of a follower of Dragon's Gate (yet, I have much coming though, thanks to reading this thread), but I thought you may be interested in this.dragondoor.jpgStolen from DVDVRMB

Firstly, it seems the true name is "dragondoor", in all small letters like that. Dragon Door Project, or D2P for short.As it turns out, this isn't necessarily the full brain child of Asai, but is being produced by Noriaki Kawabata (BATAyan/Karaoke Machine #2), with aid from Shuji Kondo, and Taiji Ishimori.Kawabata spoke first, about how it came to be. He had a meeting at the Toryumon Mexico school with Asai. Toryumon will be the "mother group" for D2P, much as it was for T2P and Toryumon X, eith full authorization from Asai.Ishimori talked about how Toryumon hasn't been in Japan since the X closure, and he was grateful to Kawabata for taking on this task.Kondo said Kawabata came to him with this, he felt he had to help Kawabata.They currently plan to run 1-2 shows per month, on a model similar to Hustle (not in content, but in the way Hustle doesn't do regular tours).Looks like the main body will be made of of T2P graduates, with some X and the new class. This already has many fans calling it more interesting than current DG.The first show will on 7/19 at Korakuen Hall. It will air on Samuria TV the same night, in one of their "Near Live" shows.

Archived