The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

I really don't think there is any shame in losing to Tenryu, no matter who you are. Christ, he has been wrestling longer than some DG guys have been alive. Nakajima on the other hand ....

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I really don't think there is any shame in losing to Tenryu, no matter who you are. Christ, he has been wrestling longer than some DG guys have been alive. Nakajima on the other hand ....

I think there's a certain amount of shame when you're made to look like you can't even beat him when ganging up on him.And one of the reasons I dislike Tenryu is that he's never been willing to pass on the torch, particularly during his time in All Japan.

• Paid Members

I can see what you're saying to an extent, buy you really have to follow Genki's run through 2003 to appreciate the point of the match. Although he did achieve a great deal of success there was always an element of fluke and underdog luck about it. John's reviews describe Genki as the wrestling equivalent of a friend who doesn't know when to shut up and thus gets himself and others into trouble, I think the Tenryu match was a great way of putting that accross. "OK, so you've managed to get some big upset wins over some established names and now you think you're a big shot... well look what's happened now, you're fighting a bona fide legend and it's put up or shut up time, backslide your way out of this one!" Genki hs always had an element of cowardice about him in amongst the arrogance and everyone expected him to get murdered here, but that doesn't mean the match buried him by any means. As Spatular said, he got a near fall with his godly backslide and the fact that he even got a match with Tenryu is a good thing no matter what the result. The fans loved him even more after it than they had done before and I don't think it hurt him. I'd definitely agree if they had Satoshi Kojima come in on a random show and squash CIMA in 5 minutes, but the Genki circumstances are a little different. Re: The other posts.Don't mention JUN. :( I still miss him, he was so fuggin cool. The CIMA story is a bit confusing now, obviously he has to stay and the office seems to think he will, which is good. The D2P news gets more and more interesting and Io'm really looking forward to their shows now. Brother YASSHI has confirmed his participation recently:

brother YASSHI confirmed his participation in d2p. When the interviewer asked him if Aagan would be reuniting, he got angry and said he had to make sure his Chlamydia was cleared up. He pressed his naked groin area into the interviewers' face and asked him to check ......................

:laugh: Legend. Also JET~! and Owashi will be participating on Mpro shows which I may have to pick up. I still eagerly await any news on Sugawara but I'm not holding my breath. :(

Okay, the relentless return of this thread has finally convinced me to check out some Toryumon/Dragons Gate. I think this has become the only permanent thread ever on the UKFF, and should be pinned.

I've only seen one Toryumon show with a wierd 5 person cage match on, and the T2P debut show which is the most incomprehensible form of wrestling I've ever seen. I didn't think that anything could be more baffling to me than Lucha, but that took it to another level. So that probably put me off Toryumon even though it wasn't Toryumon. And that makes about as much sense as the show did.

Thinking about it the great majority of stuff I watch is heavies or Joshi, so I need some Junior Heavyweight action.

I've just read that Shuji Kondo used to be a Rugby player, which probably explains why he's the Japanese Gavin Henson.

shuji2.jpg

Gavin%20Henson%20Hair.jpg

Pinning this thread would be the kiss of death :(Just checked as well, and we're nearing the one year anniversary of this thread. July 11th people, mark it in your diaries.

Any chance of a Toryumon/Dragon Gate 'The Thread 1 Year Anniversary" Comp to go with your others ? Having only recently started regular viewing from November's TV and PPV I can say this:-I recently watched the T2P Debut Show and Dragon Gate at this time is radically different to what it was back in November 2004 so as you can imagine its light years away from the T2P show.Give it another go and stick with it as we all need relief from the serious of the bigger guys. It will make you laugh and it might make you cry but it sure as hell will make you want to post in this thread.

Pinning this thread would be the kiss of death :(Just checked as well, and we're nearing the one year anniversary of this thread. July 11th people, mark it in your diaries.

Any chance of a Toryumon/Dragon Gate 'The Thread 1 Year Anniversary" Comp to go with your others ? Having only recently started regular viewing from November's TV and PPV I can say this:-I recently watched the T2P Debut Show and Dragon Gate at this time is radically different to what it was back in November 2004 so as you can imagine its light years away from the T2P show.Give it another go and stick with it as we all need relief from the serious of the bigger guys. It will make you laugh and it might make you cry but it sure as hell will make you want to post in this thread.
Unfortunatly not. But I'll be doing Part 1 of 2005 in August sometime if thats any consolation? Will cover everything from January (The formation of Blood Generation) to the 7th Anniversary World Show.If theres enough demand i've been pondoring a Toryumon comp of the best stuff from Mehico this year as well. Not sure if many people will go for that though.

Unfortunatly not. But I'll be doing Part 1 of 2005 in August sometime if thats any consolation? Will cover everything from January (The formation of Blood Generation) to the 7th Anniversary World Show.If theres enough demand i've been pondoring a Toryumon comp of the best stuff from Mehico this year as well. Not sure if many people will go for that though.
The majority of the names on the Mexican shows are all obviously new to me (apart from the obvious ones and Miles and Ndia??) so any chance of a brief outline of the project and some thoughts ? They'd be very welcome.

• Paid Members

5. CIMA, Don Fujii{W}, Masato Yoshino (17:33 Nadare Shiki Nodowa Elbow) Masaaki Mochizuki, Susumu Yokosuka, Keni'chiro AraiHey, look who is back. Half a year = 9 days apparently.

:D jae also reports that Owashi continues to crush everyone in Osaka Pro, he beat Black Buffalo today (I presume he's still a fairly big name in Osaka, though I really don't keep track of the promotion's results too well).

I guess either things at Triplemania didn't go quite the way he thought they would, or something happened in Japan to change his mind. Something to do with this, maybe?

CIMA said a mysterious letter came to the DG offices, saying a big Earthshake was going to come in June .......

If I had to guess I'd say they'd opened the chequebook for an opponent for him at Kobe World Hall.Terje, whereever he is, must be absolutely loving Owashi killing all these Osaka guys. :sneaky:

• Paid Members

This thread needs to survive.

So, without further ado, here is a pic of Ultimo Dragon, mid-Quebrada:

ultimodragon4ab.jpg

One of my favourite pics - the photographer got a brilliant shot.

It'll survive just fine. It's just that there've only been two shows in the last ten days, and nobody's seen anything new lately, so there's not been much to talk about.Well reminded, though - I need to get my arse in gear and order the April stuff.Edit: That IS a cool picture, though.

Archived