The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Finished the PPV today and loved it.

This was probably the best quality PPV I've ever seen from DG. I'd love to go see a Kobe World show. So I've not got Korakuen Hall, Nippon Budokon, Tokyo Dome, Sumo Hall, Kyoto KBS Hall and Kobe World on my bucket list.......

Loved how Blood Warriors and Junction Three members all seemed to wear the colours of their respective teams, really made it feel and look big.

Rich Swann didn't look out of place here. Since March he's spent a lot of time in Japan, but this is the first time they've really featured him (mainly due to the earthquake seen as Ronin as a full unit were scheduled to appear on the PPV, and not a lot of DG just before and after the earthquake was featured on Infinity so only two minutes of any Ronin were ever shown) so I can see him spending a lot of 2011 over there and following in the footsteps of Evans/Sydal/PAC/Ricochet before him.

Don Fuji running the ropes ala Stalker was immense and the funniest thing I've seen all year. Also really liked the feel good ending to the match and Fuji beating up Stalker because he's..... Well he's Don Fuji and it's only Stalker Ichikawa. Really thought he channeled Magnum TOKYO at his crazy, beat up your own partners for fun, best. Liked the six man, but it probably wasn't the best Triangle Gate Title match that's taken place this year. But then when you've got six talented guys like that, of course it's going to result in a great match.

Tozawa vs Shingo was AWESOME! I wasn't keen on Tozawa's blonde hair and the beard - Dye them both ginger and he'd look like Beast Man - But all through his entrance, with his attire and that focused determination.... This guy is going to be a future Dream Gate Champion and THE guy in Dragon Gate soon enough. Loved Tozawa attacking Shingo before he had chance to do anything. Both of these wrestled a smart compact match and I LOVED Shingo catching Tozawa on the dive. Also loved how the finish really put over Tozawa.

The Twin Gate match was just plain nutty. The best of PAC vs Ricochet with added CIMA and Dragon Kid goodness. Ricochet has improved SO much since he joined EVOLVE/DG USA and now wrestling pretty much full time in Dragon Gate Japan is turning him into one of the worlds best high flyers. I would really recommend everyone to watch this match.

And I loved Mochizuki vs Hulk. Hulk looked fucking EPIC in his entrance as Darkside Hulk. Another fantastic match from Mochizuki following his matches against YAMATO and Shingo, and this was probably better than their Freedom Gate Title match last July. Loved how Mochizuki countered Hulk's First Flash by kicking him in the knee, and LOVED Hulk not only being the first person to take the Sankakugeri and not just avoid getting pinned, just never leave his feet and respond with a First Flash before they both go down.

• 2 weeks later...

I know its pretty outdated to be commenting on now, but I've just watched the Ryo Saito and Genki Horiguchi vs Shingo and YAMATO match from Infinity 214 in April...

What an absolute fucking barn burner!

I was almost off my fat arse and doing sommersaults it was that exciting. Absloute first class bout. Love it.

• Paid Members

I've allowed my DG backlog to build up since 2006. Really should watch it all from there. Although I think I'll skip the invasion of all the RoH guys - the sudden flood of guys like Evans, Sydal, Steen, Generico etc. was rather sickening. Mainly because they were shit.

Archived