The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

Sad news, Dragon fans...

From Jae:-

Milano Collection A.T., one of the bigger names from the Dragon System, announced his retirement today.

He was suffering from a severe eye injury, and despite surgeries and other attempts to cure, his vision wasn't improving.

Milano was the ace of T2P, and leader of the Italian Connection. With CIMA, Magnum, and Mochizuki he was one of the four pillars of Toryumon. He left Dragon Gate in early 2005, for an extended stay in the US. He was a focal point of the dragondoor project, but only had one match for them. He didn't continue to El Dorado outside of guest appearances. Instead he became a full time member of New Japan Pro Wrestling, where he stayed until his retirement. His career lasted just four months shy of 10 years.

Good luck to Milano in his life outside of wrestling.

Poor A.T. :(

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hows Akebono doing

Generally annoying me every time I see the fat, useless turd?

He's currently Triangle Gate champion alongside Masaaki Mochizuki & Don Fujii.

Hows Akebono doing

Generally annoying me every time I see the fat, useless turd?

He's currently Triangle Gate champion alongside Masaaki Mochizuki & Don Fujii.

Yes he's shite, but the chokeslam he gave to PAC to get the titles was brutal.

• 4 weeks later...

As there is alot of hype around Mark Haskins and my recent love affair with Dragon Gate, I going to try my upmost to keep this thread alive. Hopefully this will open more peoples eyes to what I believe is the best promotion on the planet

These are the upcoming shows....

2/12/2010 Aichi, Kasugai-shi Gymnasium

1. YAMATO, Akira Tozawa, Shingo Takagi vs. Naruki Doi, PAC, Mark Haskins

2. Don Fujii vs. Daisuke Masaoka

3. Genki Horiguchi vs. Yasushi Kanda

4. Susumu Yokosuka, K-ness vs. Gamma, Super Shenlong

5. CIMA, Dragon Kid, Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk, Naoki Tanisaki

2/13/2010 Gifu, Gifu Chamber of Commerce

1. Susumu Yokosuka, K-ness vs. Yasushi Kanda, Diablo

2. KAGETORA vs. Genki Horiguchi

3. Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii vs. Super Shenlong, Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa

4. YAMATO, Shingo Takagi vs. Naruki Doi, Mark Haskins

5. CIMA, Dragon Kid, Gamma vs. Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk, PAC

2/14/2010 Ehime, Matsuyama-shi Community Center

1. K-ness, Susumu Yokosuka, Mark Haskins vs. Gamma, Don Fujii, Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa

2. KAGETORA vs. Genki Horiguchi

3. Shingo Takagi vs. Kzy

4. YAMATO, Akira Tozawa vs. Naruki Doi, PAC

5. Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk, Naoki Tanisaki vs. CIMA, Dragon Kid, Anthony W. Mori

2/15/2010 Wakayama, Wakayama Prefectural Gym

1. Susumu Yokosuka, K-ness vs. Gamma, Super Shisa

2. Don Fujii vs. Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa

3. Yasushi Kanda, Kzy vs. Genki Horiguchi, Mark Haskins

4. Masato Yoshino, PAC vs. CIMA, Dragon Kid

5. Naruki Doi, BxB Hulk, Naoki Tanisaki vs. YAMATO, Shingo Takagi, Akira Tozawa

2/27/2010 Kyoto, KBS Hall

-KAGETORA contra KAGETORA: CIMA, Gamma, Dragon Kid vs. YAMATO, Shingo Takagi, Akira Tozawa

-Open the Brave Gate: K-ness vs. Super Shisa

3/3/2010 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall

-Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Makoto Hashi

-Takuya Sugawara vs. Genki Horiguchi

-K-ness, Susumu Yokosuka vs. Yasushi Kanda, Kenichiro Arai

-YAMATO, Shingo Takagi, Akira Tozawa vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk

3/22/2010 Tokyo, Ryougoku Kokugikan ~ COMPILATION GATE 2010

-Open the Triangle Gate: Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Akebono vs. NOSAWA Rongai, MAZADA, Abdullah the Butcher

-Open the Dream Gate: Naruki Doi vs. YAMATO

There's alot of Real Hazard vs Real Hazard matches, this is going to explode on a bigger scan I think. And where will KAGATORA end up? And I'm really hoping YAMATO takes the Dream Gate.

Hopefully this will light and relight this thread....

Today's results

2/12/2010 Aichi, Kasugai-shi Gymnasium - 880 Attendance

1. YAMATO{W}, Akira Tozawa, Shingo Takagi (13:54 Gallaria) Naruki Doi, PAC, Mark Haskins{L}

2. Don Fujii (11:15 HIMEI) Daisuke Masaoka

3. Genki Horiguchi (8:48 RH Intrusion -> DQ) Yasushi Kanda

4. Susumu Yokosuka{W}, K-ness (16:36 Mugen) Gamma, Super Shenlong{L}

5. CIMA, Dragon Kid, Masaaki Mochizuki{W} (20:12 Twister) Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk, Naoki Tanisaki{L}

YAMATO got the win again today, I'm really hope he leaves the sumo hall with the dream gate. Haskins was the only one who was going to take the fall. More Tension between the clean fight side and the heel side of Real Hazard. Thinking this made conslude at sumo hall.

From DGUSA

2/13/2010 Gifu, Gifu Chamber of Commerce

1. Susumu Yokosuka, K-ness{W} (School Boy) Yasushi Kanda, Diablo{L}

2. KAGETORA (RH Intrusion -> No Contest) Genki Horiguchi

3. Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa{W} (Ina Bauer German) Super Shenlong

4. YAMATO{W}, Shingo Takagi (Gallaria) Naruki Doi, Mark Haskins{L}

5. CIMA, Dragon Kid{W}, Gamma (Ultra Hurricanrana) Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk, PAC{L}

Match 3 was changed from MochiFuji vs. Stalker & Shenlong to the handicap match midway through. Stalker is a Gifu local, hence the rare win.

I like to know how the KAGE Genki match ended. Both are no longer aligned with RH. Haskins in a star studded match where YAMATO won again, I'm hoping that all these wins with Doi doesn't mean that doi will take the fall at Sumo..

From DGUSA

2/14/2010 Ehime, Matsuyama-shi Community Center - 870 Attendance

1. K-ness, Susumu Yokosuka, Mark Haskins{W} (17:14 Shooting Star Press) Gamma, Don Fujii, Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa{L}

2. KAGETORA (10:22 Kzy Intrusion -> No Contest) Genki Horiguchi

3. Shingo Takagi (11:48 MADE IN JAPAN) Kzy

4. Naruki Doi{W}, PAC (15:15 Bakatare Sliding Kick) YAMATO, Akira Tozawa{L}

5. CIMA, Dragon Kid, Anthony W. Mori{W} (20:49 Elegant Magic) Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk, Naoki Tanisaki{L}

Great win for mark, joining force with the Good Fight Side of Real Hazard. The OSAKA boys will be at an upcoming show as well as Sumo Hall. For those who don't know, GAMMA invaded an OSAKA show a while back and Tigers Mask and Black Buffalo challenge him & CIMA to a match at Hurricane (A big OSAKA show) but GAMMA miss heard and brought Super Shisa along instead. In the match Super Shisa ripped Tigers Mask's mask off for a DQ finish.

From DGUSA

2/14/2010 Ehime, Matsuyama-shi Community Center - 870 Attendance

1. K-ness, Susumu Yokosuka, Mark Haskins{W} (17:14 Shooting Star Press) Gamma, Don Fujii, Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa{L}

2. KAGETORA (10:22 Kzy Intrusion -> No Contest) Genki Horiguchi

3. Shingo Takagi (11:48 MADE IN JAPAN) Kzy

4. Naruki Doi{W}, PAC (15:15 Bakatare Sliding Kick) YAMATO, Akira Tozawa{L}

5. CIMA, Dragon Kid, Anthony W. Mori{W} (20:49 Elegant Magic) Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk, Naoki Tanisaki{L}

Great win for mark, joining force with the Good Fight Side of Real Hazard. The OSAKA boys will be at an upcoming show as well as Sumo Hall. For those who don't know, GAMMA invaded an OSAKA show a while back and Tigers Mask and Black Buffalo challenge him & CIMA to a match at Hurricane (A big OSAKA show) but GAMMA miss heard and brought Super Shisa along instead. In the match Super Shisa ripped Tigers Mask's mask off for a DQ finish.

• Paid Members

Thought I'd venture into here to throw a few questions out there.

I was into Toryumon back in the day, loved the product, but slipped behind when it changed over to DG mainly because my VHS exploded and I couldn't find a DVD trader of Dragon Gate.

Anywho, I was a massive mark for K-Ness, ever since the magnificent fued with Dragon Kid when he was still Darkness Dragon (Hell I even own that mask), I was well aware he suffered a big old injury that messed him about for long periods, and saw a few matches when he first came back, and he just didn't look the same. How's K-Ness looking as of late, noticed his name in the Haskins thread and just wondered if he was anywhere near the level he was at against Dragon Kid?

As of late I've been craving a product other than the E, I've tried DLing a few DG shows but the seeding has been woeful, anyone recommend me a trader? A GOOD one?

Finally, where's Touru Owashi nowadays? I strangely loved that guy ever since watching a Toryumon tape where it seemed the roster were having some sort of mini Beach Olympic games!

I'm in the same boat so I started watching following Dragon Gate a little while ago. And it's like a breath of fresh air. Even with the language barrier but it's Booking is so simple and all make sense.

As for Kness I haven't seen alot of the early stuff of him but the last year I've been impressed with the guy.

Just a brief update on K-Ness as it's only recently he's started playing a more prominant role - He mainly kept in low card matches and teamed with the Veteran Army, feeling in himself that he could not perform to the levels he once had. In December he was revealed as a mystery new member of Real Hazard and he came back, claiming that he was at 100%. Since then he's moved swiftly back into his awesome team with Susumu Yokosuka and defeated Naoki Tanisaki for the Open The Brave Gate which is on Infinity #160. Along with a phenominal main event on #162.

Archived