The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

As of late I've been craving a product other than the E, I've tried DLing a few DG shows but the seeding has been woeful, anyone recommend me a trader? A GOOD one?

Go check out an awesome site at www.openthedragongate.com. You'll be able to stream the most recent Infinity TV shows and PPV's aswell as older DG, Toryumon and T2P shows.

If you want physical copies, ultimothegreat on here is a very good trader with an extensive DG collection.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As of late I've been craving a product other than the E, I've tried DLing a few DG shows but the seeding has been woeful, anyone recommend me a trader? A GOOD one?

Go check out an awesome site at www.openthedragongate.com. You'll be able to stream the most recent Infinity TV shows and PPV's aswell as older DG, Toryumon and T2P shows.

If you want physical copies, ultimothegreat on here is a very good trader with an extensive DG collection.

That site is awesome. For indept news it's great also.

Ultimo is the main man for DG, just done a trade with him not long ago. Paul Yang is also good, but he based out of singapore I believe. Just got 8 weeks worth of Infinitys, right up to 18/12 and the last 2 PPV's for a good price.

Owashi doesn't seem to be doing too much right now. He pops up in DDT from time to time, and probably in a couple of smaller indies.

The last show I saw his name on for definite was the New Years eve show last year, where he was in the 108 man battle royale as Peach Owashi: He wears a giant peach on his head with a huge hole for his entire face. Bizarrely, when he was demasked he covered his face...

Still, he is wrestling still, unlike Borther Yasshi who is making headstones from what I remember.

I'm in the same boat so I started watching following Dragon Gate a little while ago. And it's like a breath of fresh air. Even with the language barrier but it's Booking is so simple and all make sense.

There speaks a man who never suffered through the horseshit of '06/'07.

openthedragongate.com is the place to go for the TV. Stream it and play it fullscreen. Lovely. They tend to have them pretty quick after airing too.

As for PPVs, XWT seems to have them much quicker and with more seeders than PWT.

K-ness is in fine fettle and is in the middle of quite the renewed push at the moment (Brave Gate title win, final of the tag title shot tournament etc.) and has been mowing through pretty much everyone. As somebody else said, he's in the excellent Infinity #162 main event and holds his end up more than admirably.

Complete side note: I love how Haskins has gone down to everybody for his whole tour so far (anyone who expected anything else doesn't get Japanese wrestling), but they let him pin Stalker. Awesome.

Been a while since an update....

2/15/2010 Wakayama, Wakayama Prefectural Gym - 770 Attendance

1. Susumu Yokosuka{W}, K-ness (15:26 Mugen) Gamma, Super Shisa{L}

2. Don Fujii (6:59 Triangle Scorpion) Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa

3. Yasushi Kanda{W}, Kzy (11:36 Low Blow-> Small Package) Genki Horiguchi, Mark Haskins{L}

4. CIMA, Dragon Kid{W} (16:29 Ultra Hurricanrana) Masato Yoshino, PAC{L}

5. YAMATO{W}, Shingo Takagi, Akira Tozawa (21:00 Gallaria) Naruki Doi, BxB Hulk, Naoki Tanisaki{L}

2/19/2010 Osaka, Toyonaka-shi Rose Bunka Hall - 658 Attendance

1. YAMATO, Shingo Takagi, Akira Tozawa{W} (18:01 German Suplex Hold) Naruki Doi, PAC, Mark Haskins{L}

2. Don Fujii (10:28 RH Intrusion -> No Contest) Kenichiro Arai

3. Masaaki Mochizuki (8:16 Twister) Kzy

4. Gamma, Super Shisa{W} (16:25 European Clutch) K-ness{L}, Susumu Yokosuka

5. Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk, Naoki Tanisaki{W} (19:19 Implant) CIMA, Dragon Kid, Anthony W. Mori{L}

2/20/2010 Aichi, Tsushima-shi Bunka Gym - 600 Attendance

1. CIMA, Gamma, Dragon Kid{W} (12:26 Bible) Masato Yoshino, Naoki Tanisaki, Mark Haskins{L}

2. Masaaki Mochizuki (10:16 Double Ringout) Kenichiro Arai

3. Don Fujii (9:30 Gedo Clutch) KAGETORA

4. K-ness{W}, Susumu Yokosuka (15:04 Darkness Buster) Anthony W. Mori{L}, Genki Horiguchi

5. YAMATO, Shingo Takagi{W}, Akira Tozawa (20:16 MADE IN JAPAN) Naruki Doi, BxB Hulk, PAC{L}

2/21/2010 Toyama, Takaoka Ecoeur - 580 Attendance

1. Gamma{W}, Yoshiaki Yago (11:20 Gamma Special) Kenichiro Arai, Kzy{L}

2. Texas Street Fight: Jyushin Thunder CIMA (10:42 Lyger Bomb Failure -> Ref Stop) Stalker Masahiro

3. Dragon Kid (10:38 Bible) Mark Haskins

4. K-ness, Susumu Yokosuka{W} (15:11 Small Package Hold) Masato Yoshino, Naoki Tanisaki{L}

5. YAMATO{W}, Shingo Takagi, Akira Tozawa (19:51 Gallaria) Naruki Doi, BxB Hulk, PAC{L}

Some other interesting news due to The Young Bucks joining TNA Wrestling, WARRIORS-5 were in need of a new gaijin. Dragon Kid went back to his Mexican Days and found "The Juice" Juventud Guerrera. He will be sticking around through Sumo Hall.

Cyber Kong has signed a contract, but no matches have been set as of yet.

Mochizuki & Shisa will travel to ZERO1 on 2/28 to challenge for the NWA International Lightheavyweight Tag titles, held by Munenori Sawa & Ikuto Hidaka.

With The Osaka Pro/DG invasion may come to a head on 3/5, with a 6 man tag. CIMA finally joins up to back up the words. On the Osaka side, Tigers & Buffalo will bring their stablemate and Dragon Gate reject Tadasuke.

2/25/2010 Wakayama, Wakayama Prefectural Information Exchange Center Big-U - 540 Attendance

1. Dragon Kid{W}, Gamma (13:57 Bible) Masato Yoshino, PAC{L}

2. Anthony W. Mori (6:51 Reverse Figure 4) Jackson Florida

3. Genki Horiguchi (10:12 No Contest) KAGETORA

4. CIMA{W}, Don Fujii (11:36 Schwein) Kzy{L}, Yasushi Kanda

5. YAMATO, Shingo Takagi{W}, Akira Tozawa (14:00 MADE IN JAPAN) Naruki Doi, BxB Hulk, Mark Haskins{L}

2/26/2010 Hyogo, Kobe Uwaya Gekijyo

1. Takuya Sugawara, Yasushi Kanda vs. BxB Hulk, Naoki Tanisaki

2. Genki Horiguchi (No Contest) Mark Haskins

3. Super Shisa, Shisa BOY (DQ for Mask Attack) Tigers Mask, Black Buffalo

4. Masaaki Mochizuki (10:04 Udegatame) KAGETORA

5. CIMA, Don Fujii{W} (17:49 HIMEI) Gamma, Dragon Kid{L}

6. YAMATO, Shingo Takagi, Akira Tozawa{W} (21:21 German Suplex Hold) Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, PAC{L}

3/22/2010 Tokyo, Ryougoku Kokugikan ~ COMPILATION GATE 2010

PPV

DGUSA have confirmed Paul London for the Phoenix weekend. The next PPV taping which i believe is the Saturday Phoenix show will feature a Yamato vs. Yokosuka singles match. Looking forward to seeing that one live.

And I hate to keep being negative, but the Sumo Hall card is so far leaving me pretty uninspired. Doi vs. YAMATO should be good, but under that?'

Mochi, Fujii, Akebono vs. Nosawa, MAZADA, Abdullah - well, at least it should be short and Abby will get a good pop. But really? The Triangle gate is a comedy title now?

Yoshino, Hulk vs. DK, Juvie - DK bores me unless he is in a heated feud. Yoshino is always awesome, but Hulk was pretty rubbish for most of last year. He could be more motivate dthese days, but I aint counting on it. And Juvie - who knows? I do not have high expectations for this.

For some reason Shisa is now the Brave champ, which means he will probs defend it. I like Shisa, I really do,but he should not be having singles matches at shows of this magnitude.

And it really looks like Tigers Mask/Black Buffalo will be getting the Twin Gate shot against CIMA/Gamma - which could be a good match, but is likely to take place before complete silence what with DG fans barely caring about other promotions, let alone strictly Osaka-based ones.

I hate to be negative, I really do, but this year's Sumo Hall is looking pretty rubbish.

Archived