The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

Some top FloBros tomfoolery, though, this time with mobile phones - Michael called Yagi up as he was making a three-count, causing him to stop and answer it!

Genius. Pure genius. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some top FloBros tomfoolery, though, this time with mobile phones - Michael called Yagi up as he was making a three-count, causing him to stop and answer it!

It gets better... while they were chatting on the phones (all of six feet from each other), YOSSINO grabbed Yagi's phone from him and broke it in two, thus getting himself DQed for referee violence!

It gets better... while they were chatting on the phones (all of six feet from each other), YOSSINO grabbed Yagi's phone from him and broke it in two, thus getting himself DQed for referee violence!
Told you. Best. DQ. Ever

• Paid Members

Carbomb, if you're volunteering for translation duties, I'm sure we'd all like to hear what he had to say about it?

1. "Thoroughbred/Pure Blood" - i.e. they only choose the best workers, etc.

I'm fairly sure you've got that slightly wrong... The 'pure blood' citerion was reported to refer to them being made up entirely of Ultimo Dragon Gym / Dragon Gate Dojo graduates. If it had been down to who the strongest wrestlers were, I don't think either Shiisa (or Stalker!) would even have got a look in. Shiisa's record isn't that great, and Stalker's is the worst in recorded history. :)Anyway, the main event on that show's quite the statement of intent for the new group. It was my Match of the Week a while back.

I don't think anyone on the board has a bigger weakness for Japanese girls than myself

Them's fighting words. Watashi wa nihon no onna ga daisuki desu yo! :angry:;)

The prestige range is just pure clothing brilliance, the one thing that I hate about wrestling clothes is that they are blatently wrestling shirts. The DG range are so subtle and brilliantly designed that I can see myself wearing the whole range (or owning). Shame theres no international shipping though

I nearly mailed them the other week (in kanji - that's how fucking clever I am, see :smug:) to ask whether they would. I think I'm a bit beyond the normal range of Japanese sizes, though, so it'd just be socks for me. :(
First off - the firing segment, I'll have to order that show first from JFFC. What date was it?Second - fighting talk? Choushi koiten janeizo, korya! Buttobashite yaruze, kono kusoyarou! Ore ga nihon no onnna ni totte no MAIN EVENT da zo!Third - how big are you? Japanese sizes aren't really all that different from European these days - most Japanese are roughly the same size as the average European, possibly owing to the changes in diet over the past 20 or so years. I've got plenty of stuff that fits me perfectly from my shopping binges in Shibuya, Shinjuku, Umeda and Shinsaibashi.One thing - UniQlo are shafting us Europeans - their best stuff is all in Japan. We in the UK are getting their most basic stuff.

First off - the firing segment, I'll have to order that show first from JFFC. What date was it?

Infinity #11, aired 1/9/2005. But like I said, it wasn't up to much. JFFC, any chance you could cap the segment and steal Chris Hero's bandwidth host it yourself? It's less than two minutes.

Second - fighting talk? Choushi koiten janeizo, korya! Buttobashite yaruze, kono kusoyarou! Ore ga nihon no onnna ni totte no MAIN EVENT da zo!

Man, I hate romaji. I understood about five words of that. I'm a shit-rascal and you give main event dick to Japanese women? :( Or is kusoyarou a literal translation of ass-clown? That would rule.(Actually, the biggest problem I have in understanding Japanese is that everyone in the books and on the CDs always speaks in perfectly-formed sentences using the polite verb forms, and NOBODY in real life does this. The only thing I've ever found online that uses full-on well-formed Japanese and isn't a language resource is Ebessan's blog! Makes you wonder why they bother...)

Third - how big are you?

5'11", but I'm built like a darts player.

• Paid Members

I put it in romaji, because I don't know who has IME on these boards.I basically said: "Hoi, know your place (i.e. below me)! I'll smash you up, you shitty bastard (keep in mind that Japanese swearing is very weak, and therefore kusoyarou can mean anything from "trashbag" to "shithead")! I am the MAIN EVENT for Japanese women!"Fanciful stuff, I know, but oh such fun!As for the stuff you learn, stick with it. Yes, the stuff you hear in everyday convos between friends is very truncated and casual, but the formal Japanese you learn now is more important - you can't use conversational Japanese with people you've just met, or you'll lose friends before you've even made them. It's a case of learning to walk before running. Don't be fooled by the casuals.

Yossino has changed his look quite considerably. I haven't put the picture inline because although it doesn't spoil the Brave Gate show itself, it does give a strong hint as to what's been going on since the show, so those avoiding SPOILERS may not want to see it anyway.

Picture here.

Actually, is anyone still avoiding spoilers? I just saw JLM's comment on one of the DGUSA posts, so presumably at least he knows the results by now?

I'm still awaiting the show arriving on my doorstep :(Done well to avoid spoilers for so long.I'll try and cap the seggy tonight when I get home from college. Its not Chris Hero's bandwidth by the way. its mine aaaaaaall mine :p

• Paid Members

Yeah, I actually got spoiled quite early but didn't risk talking about any of it for JFFC's sake. I was hoping Yossino would get some KUDO style pants, but the new look isn't bad as it goes.

Archived