Mental health

5 minutes ago, no user name said:

Most with more twats on them than this one. Its a shame that that happened but that doesn't mean it will happen again

The thing is though, whilst most members are sound, you don’t have to be a member to view what has been posted. There are some previously banned members who still view the forum and still hold vendettas. So whilst you have the best intentions I’m sure, members have been burned more than once by both banned and current members. So you probably won’t get the conversations you’re after. 

26 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The thing is though, whilst most members are sound, you don’t have to be a member to view what has been posted. There are some previously banned members who still view the forum and still hold vendettas. So whilst you have the best intentions I’m sure, members have been burned more than once by both banned and current members. So you probably won’t get the conversations you’re after. 

Well that's fair enough. But maybe it would of been better  for someone to tell me like you did rather than insult me.  

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, no user name said:

Well that's fair enough. But maybe it would of been better  for someone to tell me like you did rather than insult me.  

He did tell you, twice. And you were a knob about it.

As a new poster, and as someone thats possibly been lulled into a false sense of security on this forum thus far I appreciate the heads up from others who've been around long enough to see threads like this going south. This may have been something I'd have been inclined to contribute to but I know sound advice when I see it. I'm decidedly anonymous now, but Ive been anonymous on forums previously and many of those members have gone on to become some of my closest friends, so you never know. I find the goings on referred to here genuinely surprising given how reasonable I've found most members, but I don't doubt it. 

To no user name, I don't think anyone's trying to stop you from talking about an important subject. I read it as a friendly nudge to make sure we exercise caution. I've found that helpful and I hope you take it in the spirit it was intended, even if you decide there's no personal risk. 

2 minutes ago, FLips said:

He did tell you, twice. And you were a knob about it.

I wasn't aware that people would know who people were in real life. And as I said most people on here are grown adults. If they choose to discuss their mental health that's up to them. People discuss these things on forums all the time 

@Donald J Trump Personally I don't consider it a risk to talk about my mental health issues on here. I don't know anyone on here.  I would be a bit more careful if I knew people on here. As I said it's for the individual to decide. If you have given out details such as your Facebook then it would be more risky. However I'm not aware of there being much of a risk unless you have given out details like that. 

It is up to individuals to decide, but there's no doubt that the context provided here has helped everyone make an informed decision. You're perfectly entitled to disregard it, but I'm not sure it was necessary to question it or be dismissive of it, particularly in relation to other people. I understand where you're coming from, but I can see why your response might elicit a slightly more robust tone. People are genuinely trying to be helpful here and are looking out for everyones interests, which isn't something that should be taken for granted on the internet in 2024. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Donald J Trump said:

It is up to individuals to decide, but there's no doubt that the context provided here has helped everyone make an informed decision. You're perfectly entitled to disregard it, but I'm not sure it was necessary to question it or be dismissive of it, particularly in relation to other people. I understand where you're coming from, but I can see why your response might elicit a slightly more robust tone. People are genuinely trying to be helpful here and are looking out for everyones interests, which isn't something that should be taken for granted on the internet in 2024. 

I'm not disregarding it mate. This thread didn't get hostile in till a member called me a knob or something. I would never want to cause anyone any issues or cause them to loose their job. When I go on forums I rarely give out any personal details. I'm not very up to date with all the modern social media. Perhaps it would of been better to assume that I was a bit un aware of how easy it was to track people rather than assume I just didn't care. I'm not referring to you in this post by the way 

Edited by no user name

• Paid Members

Never assume anything. I'm sorry to go all Kfogg but there are some cunts on here. Clever, snide, stupid, thuggish, arrogant, vindictive cunts. There are tons of lovely people as well, but the cunts will usually ruin it for everyone. Never underestimate the lurkers either, or the banned who still haunt the board like the ghost of Mike Castle. 

3 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Never assume anything. I'm sorry to go all Kfogg but there are some cunts on here. Clever, snide, stupid, thuggish, arrogant, vindictive cunts. There are tons of lovely people as well, but the cunts will usually ruin it for everyone. Never underestimate the lurkers either, or the banned who still haunt the board like the ghost of Mike Castle. 

Getting Coventry Library to block UKFF did go a long way to reducing that. Granted the 50 or so accounts doing that were the same person but it certainly helped. 

23 minutes ago, no user name said:

When I go on forums I rarely give out any personal details. 

It’s easy to be naive online, and honestly everyone I have ever spoken to on here has been ace, but it’s a publicly accessible forum that anyone can view/access whether they are a member or not.
If anyone had a vendetta against you or anything, it would be easy to track you down.  In your first post on the forum you told everyone your name, and have also posted where you live and given folks a pretty good idea of where you work.

its a shame that people would use a generally positive, progressive and supportive conversation against folks, but some people are nobs.  I think everyone suffers with mental health in one way or another, and I am sure it would be beneficial to be able to talk about stuff, but this just isn’t the best way to do it.  
It was really good of you to try and start the conversation tho matey, I am sure it came with the best intentions.

26 minutes ago, TibBo said:

It’s easy to be naive online, and honestly everyone I have ever spoken to on here has been ace, but it’s a publicly accessible forum that anyone can view/access whether they are a member or not.
If anyone had a vendetta against you or anything, it would be easy to track you down.  In your first post on the forum you told everyone your name, and have also posted where you live and given folks a pretty good idea of where you work.

its a shame that people would use a generally positive, progressive and supportive conversation against folks, but some people are nobs.  I think everyone suffers with mental health in one way or another, and I am sure it would be beneficial to be able to talk about stuff, but this just isn’t the best way to do it.  
It was really good of you to try and start the conversation tho matey, I am sure it came with the best intentions.

Still think it would pretty hard mate. I'd be surprised if anyone could figure out who I am.

I do know what you mean though.